OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 2 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Very carefully worded….

Paul Szczenkski, the team's former director of finance for more than eight years, said in a signed affidavit that, "I can state unequivocally that I never helped maintain, or saw anyone else maintain, a 'second set' of books.'" He was one of three former high-ranking team officials who submitted signed affidavits.

and I love this….

The Washington Commanders on Monday strongly disputed claims of financial improprieties in a letter to the Federal Trade Commission, laying out the case for why there should be no investigation by the government institution.

please don’t scrutinize us…..

Sep 19, 2008
Very carefully worded….

Paul Szczenkski, the team's former director of finance for more than eight years, said in a signed affidavit that, "I can state unequivocally that I never helped maintain, or saw anyone else maintain, a 'second set' of books.'" He was one of three former high-ranking team officials who submitted signed affidavits.

and I love this….

The Washington Commanders on Monday strongly disputed claims of financial improprieties in a letter to the Federal Trade Commission, laying out the case for why there should be no investigation by the government institution.

If you read the article there are examples of Friedman omitting or misconstruing details, like when the money was reallocated for the Navy game. He left out key details and was not even working with accountants at Ashburn.

"Also, the letter said the committee never gave the team a chance to respond to his charges. It also painted Friedman as a disgruntled former employee who, until recently, had lobbied several people in the organization -- including Wright -- via email and by text to return, while also sending a letter to owner Dan Snyder after his firing in October 2020 praising him.

In January, he told Wright via email, "I've had a year to reflect on my past shortcomings. I've learned, and I am remorseful for these shortcomings. If you welcomed me, I'd be back there to help at a moments notice.""

Reactions: Neil Racki

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Very carefully worded….

and I love this….

Yeah most companies who claim no wrongdoing usually say "come on in, we've got nothing to hide", not "nothing to see here, go away".

lol

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
From Peter King MMQB:
GM6: “When so many college players had shortened seasons, or no seasons [in 2020], a lot of them chose to stay and play a regular year last year. That’s why the draft’s deeper this year. Not just at the top, but all the way through.”

GM7: This is the year to have a bunch of day two and day three picks. And I think the pool of undrafted free agents will be better than usual.”

GM8: “One of our analytics guys was talking about how Covid made this draft richer. Look at all the picks Baltimore has in the third and fourth rounds. [The Ravens have seven in the third and fourth combined.] Those picks are absolute gold. They are going to have a great draft. Five years from now, that will be the story to look back on.”

GM9: “I’m extremely bullish on the third and fourth rounds, into the fifth.”

Bad year not to have our 3rd or 5th, but very on brand. Wouldn't mind a trade back (or two) with our 1st 7 second if the opportunity arises and the board supports it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If you read the article there are examples of Friedman omitting or misconstruing details, like when the money was reallocated for the Navy game. He left out key details and was not even working with accountants at Ashburn.

"Also, the letter said the committee never gave the team a chance to respond to his charges. It also painted Friedman as a disgruntled former employee who, until recently, had lobbied several people in the organization -- including Wright -- via email and by text to return, while also sending a letter to owner Dan Snyder after his firing in October 2020 praising him.

In January, he told Wright via email, "I've had a year to reflect on my past shortcomings. I've learned, and I am remorseful for these shortcomings. If you welcomed me, I'd be back there to help at a moments notice.""
I read it....paints a picture of conflicted ex-employee...dude could be lying, telling the truth, just wrong in his speculation, or all 3....

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
So do 1st round QBs, LBs, Safeties... pretty much any 1st rounder except for DL and OL have been pretty miserable for the Redskins/WFT/ShitWaffles.
Have the WFT drafted a safety in the first round since the grim reaper? Without looking at the past drafts seems like the one position they can draft reliably good is OL.

Yeah 2nd round receivers not good either.

Oh forgot about Rod Gardner another 1st round receiver bust. Josh Doctson as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad