OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 2 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Would Snyder perjuring himself in front of Congress be enough for the NFL to dump him? lol

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
No. You talk before a congressional hearing you are sworn in.

I don’t see any way Snyder is going to subject himself willfully to that exposure. They will have to Subpoena him I bet.

That would be the first REAL foothold of hope to get him out.

The NFL may have him then in terms of ”strongly suggesting” he sell, or face Congressional heat and testimony.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I don’t see any way Snyder is going to subject himself willfully to that exposure. They will have to Subpoena him I bet.

That would be the first REAL foothold of hope to get him out.

The NFL may have him then in terms of ”strongly suggesting” he sell, or face Congressional heat and testimony.
Yes there is no shot that Snyder or anyone from the NFL would volunteer to appear. They would have to be subpoenaed.

Reactions: Neil Racki

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Yes there is no shot that Snyder or anyone from the NFL would volunteer to appear. They would have to be subpoenaed.
Disagree. I think Goodell will want to play nice, and I'd bet he'd rather respond to the "invitation" than face a subpoena. I suspect the delay in his response -- and the real battle -- is convincing the Danbag to do the same.

ETA: To CCR's point, Snyder not following the Commish's lead on responding to the committee's request would give Goodell a serious weapon to use against him.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Disagree. I think Goodell will want to play nice, and I'd bet he'd rather respond to the "invitation" than face a subpoena. I suspect the delay in his response -- and the real battle -- is convincing the Danbag to do the same.

ETA: To CCR's point, Snyder not following the Commish's lead on responding to the committee's request would give Goodell a serious weapon to use against him.

This.

Can't recall...did the MLB players come by invitation or were they forced to testify on steroids? Bad look if you're dragged in kicking and screaming to defend yourself as an innocent person, at least when it comes to these matters (not having a "hostile" work environment).

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
This.

Can't recall...did the MLB players come by invitation or were they forced to testify on steroids? Bad look if you're dragged in kicking and screaming to defend yourself as an innocent person, at least when it comes to these matters (not having a "hostile" work environment).
Quick google says Canseco, Schilling volunteered they would testify, Canseco asking for immunity. Raphael Palmeiro and others fought the subpoenas and tried to narrow scope.

Personally I dont think Congress has as much standing to go after Snyder for alleged book cooking (maybe theres a tax evasion component) vs a interstate illegal drug ring that the steroids were about.

Im just guessing here

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
is the Commanders website down? I google washington commanders, hit the link for "commanders.com" that says official site of the washington commanders ... and it pulls up an error page?

hate to ask .. can someone try themselves to confirm its not a me problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad