GDT: WCQF G3 | Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche | 8pm MT | TNT/Max

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Going from the Preds/Nucks game to this was like going from a people carrier race to F1. So much more energy and passion from everyone, even the Jets.

A lot of good stuff, but that 2nd period was awful from everyone. The other thing is I don't think I am the only one who notices that a one-timer from the blueline is like an auto goal against Georgiev? Avs are not a shot-blocking team, so I am not sure why Winnipeg have not taken advantage of that. He might honestly be worse than Varlamov (who was one of the worst I've seen) when it comes to those far distant point shots.
Other than Morrissey the Jets D core are lower scoring defensive guys (Pionk is their second leading scoring on D in the 30s in points). Now a team like Vegas/Dallas/Edmonton could definitely exploit that

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I would feel more confident in this series if the next game wasn’t a noon start.

This team is SO bad in afternoon games. They could probably pull out 2, of 3 even with a loss, but that start time is all kinds of bad for Colorado. They frequently look drunk in the games with early start times.
They had been dominant in afternoon games before this year.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Last edited by a moderator:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Whenever Bednar is let go (or leaves), some other team is going to have one hell of a coach. For all his mistakes and shortcomings that we bitch about, the man has probably developed one of the most revolutionizing style of playing hockey. I loved that one article on Denver post where a writer basically compared Bednar's tactics to modern gegenpress used by in football. Two completely different sports, but similar tactics sort of apply. Give it a read.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Landed from my flight; 2-1 Jets.

Collected luggage from baggage; 6-2 Avs.

You’re welcome.
the rock.png

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Whenever Bednar is let go (or leaves), some other team is going to have one hell of a coach. For all his mistakes and shortcomings that we bitch about, the man has probably developed one of the most revolutionizing style of playing hockey. I loved that one article on Denver post where a writer basically compared Bednar's tactics to modern gegenpress used by in football. Two completely different sports, but similar tactics sort of apply. Give it a read.

Classiest coach in the NHL by a wide margin

Change my mind.
I will not.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Yeah, I remember saying this before. Some other fan bases hate refs and opponents, we hate us. :laugh:
I swear going from the pre lockout (original one) era Avs to whatever that team became until that surprise playoff run in 18-19, left this fanbase with such bad PTSD that even that 22 Cup hasn’t stopped everyone from eternally waiting for the other shoe to drop and going full histrionics the moment anything goes wrong. At least Chicken Little Club (sorry, HFAvs) finds its own unique way to be an annoying fanbase and I applaud us for that. Dare to be different

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Wondering if he starts the next game. A lot of goals allowed by him.
As good as he’s been this year, the Jets are not playing career backup and UFA Brossoit. Helle just signed a 7 year extension in October for next season. They’re living and dying with him no matter that happens the rest of this series (he’s been up and down in the playoffs his whole career)

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I always think it's funny when people re-read the GDT after the fact and then say "Wow you are all a bunch of crybaby losers wow you guys are emotional trainwrecks wow you guys are awful"

Like bro, these are the spiciest of takes in the moment from sports fans. This shit is TAME compared to what you'd hear at a surly sports bar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad