OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 2 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Chap Peterson said it would be more palatable to deal with an expansion team than Snyder's team.

Snyder isn't welcome anywhere around here anymore. Nobody wants him. There is a real chance that eventually the only path without ownership change is relocation. To go find new suckers.

But yeah we should just accept and embrace Snyder and stop being mean to him. We should stop being dolts, not Danbag

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Bad look for your d-coordinator to be publicly panning your team name.
Also a bad look for your D-coordinator to decide he needs to try to publicly rehab his joke of an owner on twitter. JDR obviously has come to recognize that pumping up Lil Danny is far more important than actual competence in terms of ensuring job security in this organization.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
For some reason I think he's indifferent about the name Commanders, but is really irritated that they are no longer the R*dskins!

This. We know enough about his opinions on other matters to make an educated guess. Plus he panned the change, not just the new name.

I mean, he's not wrong...

He's wrong about the changing the name part. He's right about the new name not being a home run.

But again it's a bad look to have your top guys in the organization, and often one of the faces of the franchise on TV, shitting on your brand.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
MLB - I understand they are waiting for a decent upgrade to be cut at some point and im sure it will. But itd be nice if we had our starting MLB on the roster right now for OTAs ... if they go w Holcomb it will be a repeat of last year w teams converting on 3rd and longs.

Holcomb with his lack of size and bulk wont last at MLB. He is not built to be a 3 down Mike.

Reactions: max21

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
MLB - I understand they are waiting for a decent upgrade to be cut at some point and im sure it will. But itd be nice if we had our starting MLB on the roster right now for OTAs ... if they go w Holcomb it will be a repeat of last year w teams converting on 3rd and longs.

Holcomb with his lack of size and bulk wont last at MLB. He is not built to be a 3 down Mike.

I did not expect Ron and JDR to be this deep in their tenure with LB remaining a black hole.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Bad look for your d-coordinator to be publicly panning your team name.
That makes you kind of wonder, they obviously asked no one how they felt about Commanders and just did it? I just don’t understand how the whole process even worked. Sigh, but it’s not worth wasting any more energy on it. It’s done.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Rivera needs to not worry about what’s going to be built in 5-7 years, he needs to worry about success on the field. If they crap their pants this year his seat is going to be extremely hot
Right?
That spaceship reeks of winning off the field. (Until reality sets in in the form of the inevitable railing collapse...)

Reactions: max21

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

1653605136258.png

On the one hand, lol

On the other hand, why does this guy have a job!

Sep 19, 2008
heel JDR :laugh:

Pay attention to next week when the votes go down for the VA projects...should be some "spicy drama" -- STAY TUNED!

Sep 19, 2008
JDR not off to a hot start redeeming a lazy-ass performance last year.
He's always been pretty edgy. I remember last year during a press conference he was asked if he would be kept for the next year. He said that he decides when he leaves or something like that :laugh:

He's also been on social media dropping very radical ideas.

That said if he coaches the D well in 2022 I will have no issue. Yes, I'm aware the D sucked last year. But many pundits attribute that to McCain and Jackson adjusting to a new style of play. This D showed flashes of brilliance mid-season and it was largely when Collins was out.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He's always been pretty edgy. I remember last year during a press conference he was asked if he would be kept for the next year. He said that he decides when he leaves or something like that :laugh:

He's also been on social media dropping very radical ideas.

That said if he coaches the D well in 2022 I will have no issue. Yes, I'm aware the D sucked last year. But many pundits attribute that to McCain and Jackson adjusting to a new style of play. This D showed flashes of brilliance mid-season and it was largely when Collins was out.

The D didn't get better until injuries forced them to start actually sending blitzes. Before that he was content to just let the D front try to pressure the QB all alone while dropping a bunch of guys who are total shit at coverage, into really long duration coverages. Meanwhile the D line was making gaps that the guys behind them should have been charging through, but weren't. It was unbelievable.

I just don't know what kind of upside the group has though regardless of coaching ideas. They haven't improved anywhere near enough.

Reactions: g00n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad