OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Almost nobody realizes that VSP/MSP/VDOT/SHA are happy to help motorists. It's just not a resource that gets advertised or talked about. Sometimes people call in, but most assists come from police or CHART/SSP finding disabled cars on their own. I know when I was in driving school they were like "Good luck! Try to avoid dying!" and that was about it, no talk of other resources.

Virginia State Police: dial #77
Maryland State Police: dial *77

(I think MSP is * instead of #, I might be thinking of WVA or PA)

911 is for emergencies, but the 77 lines take you right to dispatch offices to report traffic issues or request non-emergency aid.

Oh, and if you ever run out of gas they'll give you a gallon to get you to a gas station.
My 2018 Camaro has run flats an no spares so unless a tire disintegrates the tire will just get down to about 20 psi. Already happened a couple of times. So glad I spent the 750 on tire and rim insurance I've gone through 3 tires (one a nail and the other two ended up having defects after a year or so) and they run like 350. SOoo no way to tempt me to change a tire, heh.

Agreed with others don't want to be teased into any hope of Snyder selling the team. He is so toxic its effecting the ability to build a new stadium. Would not be surprised if he is still the owner they stick around a few more years (if that is allowed) at landover.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Snyder will survive this, just as he has every other thing that should have forced him to sell. There will be enough other owners out there that are doing something similar that won't want to dig into this too far. Snyder is a cockroach, and this isn't even a nuclear holocaust.

Reactions: John Price

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Snyder will survive this, just as he has every other thing that should have forced him to sell. There will be enough other owners out there that are doing something similar that won't want to dig into this too far. Snyder is a cockroach, and this isn't even a nuclear holocaust.
Unfortunately I think you’re right. He should have been forced to sell countless times by now but he’s a little weasel that keeps getting himself out of binds. He’s such an utter embarrassment to the NFL, this franchise, and this region in general. Pretty sad that he’s been able to survive this long. As always, f*** Dan Snyder.

Sep 19, 2008
That's why all the protests and boycottdan were useless. "let's attack the sponsors maybe that will force dan to sell" one sponsor quits and one does for unknown reasons (not even known if they left because of the drama)

anyway i've had enough drama for one offseason so i just don't care about anything snyder related until he actually sells. we've been down this road way too many times before and nothing happens. Heck the Mary Jo person who investigated the team the first time and "fond nothing wrong" is going to review the financial issues. I wonder what she will say...

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

I'm not sure any of his previous scandals have been "forced to sell" type. Only the sexual harassment thing comes close and the NFL did bury that one deep, but those were acts from Snyder against his employees, not acts against the NFL itself. There are only 31 people on the planet who can force him to sell, and he's done very little to harm them directly and personally, like this "withholding revenue" thing appears to be.

Its true, this may not seal his fate, but if this doesn't, then nothing will short of him murdering a guy on 5th avenue.

and yes, he is a cockroach of the first order.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What could happen, and what I fear, is that the organization is punished for Snyder’s douchebaggery with a loss of draft picks or other penalties, with shithead himself facing no real consequences. The worst of both worlds — fans get f***ed again and f***boy gets to plod along being an idiot.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
What could happen, and what I fear, is that the organization is punished for Snyder’s douchebaggery with a loss of draft picks or other penalties, with shithead himself facing no real consequences. The worst of both worlds — fans get f***ed again and f***boy gets to plod along being an idiot.

This is exactly what is going to happen. We are gonna lose some draft picks over all this.

• Wow

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That would be the most backwards ass punishment for a non-competitive violation.

The owner and an exec or 2 were/are crooks!

• Wow

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
That would be the most backwards ass punishment for a non-competitive violation.

yeah this. I mean its potentially criminal behavior to defraud ones partners and/or customers. This isn't like the salary cap non rule circumvention thing, this is a potential crime. And not one where he can claim ignorance either like the sexual harassment deal, even though we know he was at the front of that wagon.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

It’s the NFL, would you be surprised? They were docked draft picks for violating a salary cap that didn’t exist because Lil Baby Mara filled his diapers.

They will do something, because they have to, and they won’t touch the owner, because that would set a precedent punishing other owners and other owners don’t want that.

Brace yourself for the inevitable.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It’s the NFL, would you be surprised? They were docked draft picks for violating a salary cap that didn’t exist because Lil Baby Mara filled his diapers.

They will do something, because they have to, and they won’t touch the owner, because that would set a precedent punishing other owners and other owners don’t want that.

Brace yourself for the inevitable.
Of course you know I would not….lol…/cry….

I‘d hope at a minimum, they are privately telling Snyder they want him out.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Snyder's ego is such that he won't bow to pressure and will likely dig in harder, unless he's giving a "golden bridge" to cross that allows him to save face somehow. At least in his own head.

• Wow

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Snyder's ego is such that he won't bow to pressure and will likely dig in harder, unless he's giving a "golden bridge" to cross that allows him to save face somehow. At least in his own head.
Not only that, but he doesn't have the emotional intelligence to know that he's hated and that he could salvage some semblance of pride and reputation by choosing to sell. He's convinced he's done nothing wrong and is a great owner even though all of the other guys laugh at him.

And he's a big enough shithead to take down everyone else with him out of spite even if offered a golden bridge to cross. Even if logically there's an option for him to maximize his investment and minimize his embarrassment he'll choose the scorched earth approach because he's a narcissist and that's what narcissists do.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not only that, but he doesn't have the emotional intelligence to know that he's hated and that he could salvage some semblance of pride and reputation by choosing to sell. He's convinced he's done nothing wrong and is a great owner even though all of the other guys laugh at him.

And he's a big enough shithead to take down everyone else with him out of spite even if offered a golden bridge to cross. Even if logically there's an option for him to maximize his investment and minimize his embarrassment he'll choose the scorched earth approach because he's a narcissist and that's what narcissists do.

The name change and relative humiliation of having to hand the official control to his wife is the only crack in the armor that gives me any hope he can be tricked into actually backing away. Even doing those things makes me believe he has an entire graveyard in his closet and will be happy to come away with only a few corpses falling out, so long as he can feel like it was his idea and it makes him some sort of legend.

Jesus, it's like dealing with a toddler.

• Wow

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Aka the Spin Doctor

Now you've done it

rDw1D8.gif

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
There are only 31 people on the planet who can force him to sell, and he's done very little to harm them directly and personally, like this "withholding revenue" thing appears to be.

Yeah, maybe that'll be the last straw. You guys make a good point that some owners might be reluctant to come down on him because of the shit they get up to themselves. Not to avoid being hypocrites (because when has an NFL owner ever worried about that?), but rather to avoid calling attention to their own schemes.

On the other hand, gangs and organized crime families only put up with internal strife for so long. Whether the guy is actually crossing them in some way, screwing important things up, or making them look bad, at some point the time comes where ya gotta take Fredo for a boat ride, y'know?

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida

I'm sure he's gone full Lex Luthor by now. He has to know the whole world thinks he's a villain, so at this point he's hanging on just to spite the rest of the world. He'd rather watch the world burn than not get his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad