OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Sheehan had one of his buddy lawyers on his pod today to talk about the latest smoke on Danny.

- Scamming season ticket holders? No big deal. Most sports teams and venues try it, including the Kennedy Center.

- Scamming the NFL by claiming NFL ticket revenue is made by other events? By itself, no big deal, but because it’s Danny doing it the NFL might use that to get rid of Danny because the Congressional heat could spill over to other NFL teams. Might be the last straw for the NFL.

A lot of mights and maybes from the lawyer. So more smoke.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Has not responded to messages we've sent over the last few months. Concerned.

I know he mentioned a health issue which also has me concerned.

But he also mentioned going on a job or something IIRC? So maybe it’s just that?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I hope he’s just laying low until the playoffs.

I know he was frustrated with some of the shit that was being thrown around here earlier in the season, and he disappeared before things got turned around. He was actually proven right about the PP waking up when the personnel came back from injury and notice we haven't heard a peep out of the "fire forsythe" crowd lately as a result.

That he hasn't even come back to talk about that is worrisome.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I know he mentioned a health issue which also has me concerned.

But he also mentioned going on a job or something IIRC? So maybe it’s just that?

I don't recall the job comment but the health thing is top of mind.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I know he was frustrated with some of the shit that was being thrown around here earlier in the season, and he disappeared before things got turned around. He was actually proven right about the PP waking up when the personnel came back from injury and notice we haven't heard a peep out of the "fire forsythe" crowd lately as a result.

That he hasn't even come back to talk about that is worrisome.
Dude takes a lot of grief around here. I’m hoping he’s just recharging from the piling on.

lol….they’re just waiting there lurking…for the first sign of a bad stretch of play…..good times!

I happen to think Tex has a very good understanding of the reasons why an NHL coach today makes the decisions he does, he was a media guy, watches and understands coach-speak professionally….….and fans don’t want to hear it. It s what it is. I value his contributions here.

like they say in wrestling, they can love you or hate you, as long as it’s one of the two…

Last edited:

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Dude takes a lot of grief around here. I’m hoping he’s just recharging from the piling on.

lol….they’re just waiting there lurking…for the first sign of a bad stretch of play…..good times!

I happen to think Tex has a very good understanding of the reasons why an NHL coach today makes the decisions he does, he was a media guy, watches and understands coach-speak professionally….….and fans don’t want to hear it. It s what it is. I value his contributions here.

like they say in wrestling, they can love you or hate you, as long as it’s one of the two…

I’m with you wholeheartedly here. Tex is a bit unorthodox in his posting style and we certainly have had our disagreements, but this place is poorer with his absence.

I hope he returns for the postseason, if not sooner. And I certainly hope nothing is wrong with him or anyone close to him.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

I know this isn't the NHL thread, but seeing the dysfunction in Ottawa caused by their owner immediately reminds me of Dan Snyder and how he's burying the franchise.

My interest in the team is as low as ever, and I imagine next year will be the same. It won't change until Snyder is removed.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I understand (and often share) the defeatism around the Tyranny of the Danimal, but I still firmly believe these are his death rattles.
Consider:
The league has very publicly taken control of his team away from him and given it to his wife.
The league then came out and big-footed him on his "the organization will investigate these latest sexual assault allegations," effectively saying, "F888 you, little man, you're not taking charge of shit."
Congress then notifies the league that Dan was swindling STHs (maybe not unique, certainly not dispositive on its own) AND he was swindling them, literally stealing money from them.
This after already costing them money by driving a wildly valuable franchise into a ditch, costing further millions in ticket revenues even if HAD been sharing them as he's required to do -- and all of them are required to do, also.
Now, we can all specualte that "they all do it" because we're trained by this team (and a lot of life, too) to be cynical, but what if this is one crime that they don't actually all do? That means 31 team owners share their ticket revenue as required -- 30 of whom are putting in way more money than this little shitbag due to his ruination of a franchise that was previously a strong provider for all of them.
So with all of this stipulated, what are the chances that a league with billions of dollars (and a federal anti-trust exemption) on the line somehow is able to publicly declare that "he has learned his lesson" and they are confident he will bring no more shame on them, or (more importantly) he will start operating in financial good faith with all of them?
Again, our cynicism can lead us to conclude that they all have skeletons they're afraid will come out, but -- do they really? And how afraid are they -- or should they be? If this POS has demonstrated anything to his fellow owners, it's that the league will put up with a mind-boggling amount of rancid shit from a guy who's running a franchise into the ground. Fatalism aside, what are the actual chances that any one of the actual money-maker franchises is run by an owner with this much stink on him/her? And that said owner has been able to keep all of it quiet this long?
And Robert Kraft isn't anywhere near an analogue here -- his is the most valuable franchise in the league. Dude could take a shit on Biden's desk, fly his private plane to Mar-a-Lago and strafe Trump's palace killing everyone inside, then land on Betty White's grave, shooting her desicated remains out of the jetwash and Roger would say "That's just Bob being Bob."
OK, that was really long. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad