OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
seriously....it's just another opportunity to cash in on the merch.....If I was buying, I'd want to erase ALL traces of Snyder and his current crew of cronies....

Yeah, exactly. Right now I look at "Commanders" and read "Snyders". It's like the stench of their mismanagement and cover-ups. Any new owner should be eager to clean the slate. I think the fans would be OK with that, depending on the new name.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
My mistake but still relocation to another city outside the DMV is a possibility.

No worries. I just have a hard time seeing the NFL agreeing to let Snyder destroy another city's fanbase and I have confidence that, like the DMV is now, no other city is going to roll out a red carpet and welcome him with tax breaks and subsidies galore. He either gets forced to sell by the NFL, or he stays in DC and the erosion continues, IMO.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Relocation to London would be great! We'd get a new team at some point with a new owner.

If they gave Cleveland another try, surely this market would get one too.
No guarantee we would get an expansion franchise. Cleveland was a unique situation.

And if the NFL adds one for DC they would need to add a 2nd expansion team to even out the numbers.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
No worries. I just have a hard time seeing the NFL agreeing to let Snyder destroy another city's fanbase and I have confidence that, like the DMV is now, no other city is going to roll out a red carpet and welcome him with tax breaks and subsidies galore. He either gets forced to sell by the NFL, or he stays in DC and the erosion continues, IMO.
Al Davis had 3 cities roll out the red carpet. St Louis wants a team back and San Antonio has been trying for an NFL team ever since they built the Alamo Dome. San Diego is a remote possibility but still a possibility. Same with Oakland. If Snyder wants to move a city would welcome him. The NFL is king.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Al Davis had 3 cities roll out the red carpet. St Louis wants a team back and San Antonio has been trying for an NFL team ever since they built the Alamo Dome. San Diego is a remote possibility but still a possibility. Same with Oakland. If Snyder wants to move a city would welcome him. The NFL is king.

Al Davis won championships, multiple. Dan Snyder doesn't bring that resume. We see first hand the backlash that local fans are giving their politicians for offering tax money to Snyder. I don't see fans in other cities having a much different attitude. Sure, they may all want an NFL team back, but Snyders abomination is barely an NFL team and I really can't see the NFL approving anything while this investigation is hanging over his head.

Also, San Diego didn't want to pay for the Chargers, why would they pay for the Redskins? Err, I mean ShitWaffles?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Al Davis won championships, multiple. Dan Snyder doesn't bring that resume. We see first hand the backlash that local fans are giving their politicians for offering tax money to Snyder. I don't see fans in other cities having a much different attitude. Sure, they may all want an NFL team back, but Snyders abomination is barely an NFL team and I really can't see the NFL approving anything while this investigation is hanging over his head.

Also, San Diego didn't want to pay for the Chargers, why would they pay for the Redskins? Err, I mean ShitWaffles?
Al Davis proved the NFL can’t stop an owner from moving if the owner wants to. And I’d wager San Antonio would take Snyder and his abomination in a second. Having said that, Snyder moving is a remote possibility. The NFL would force him to sell before that happened.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What are you on about Wethog? No chance the NFL is going to reward that clown Snyder with a get out of town card. He’ll be lucky to not lose his franchise.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
What are you on about Wethog? No chance the NFL is going to reward that clown Snyder with a get out of town card. He’ll be lucky to not lose his franchise.

The National Football League violated federal antitrust laws by refusing to allow the Oakland Raiders to move to the Los Angeles Coliseum, a six-member jury decided yesterday in a federal court in Los Angeles.

In this second trial of what also had become a personal confrontation between National Football League Commissioner Pete Rozelle and Oakland owner Al Davis, the jury deliberated for 5 1/2 hours after 21 days of testimony before returning its verdict favoring the Raiders and the Los Angeles Coliseum Board, which originated the suit in 1978.

The jury found that Section 4.3 of the NFL constitution, requiring a three-quarters vote to approve a franchise move, violated the Sherman Antitrust Act by unreasonably prohibiting competitive movement of teams.
The NFL would have to take away his franchise to stop him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad