OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
There no way Snyder saves face with his fellow owners after this report. He's going to have no choice but to sell. And you can bet that as long as the team is still owned by the Snyder family, agents will direct their clients not to go to Washington. He's done.

Getting the states involved is awesome too. The election is a long way off with how fast this has been moving, and even if the committee drops it the states can carry on.

Reactions: ynotcaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
There no way Snyder saves face with his fellow owners after this report. He's going to have no choice but to sell. And you can bet that as long as the team is still owned by the Snyder family, agents will direct their clients not to go to Washington. He's done.
Keep saying it….hopefully it will come true!

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Football Team is their heritage and tradition. I'm not going to call them by this new-fangled "Commanders" name. I will respect team history.
You were honestly right saying they should have just kept football team and they wouldn’t come up with anything better and I refused to believe that. I’m going to reserve judgment on the uniforms till we see them in action. I’m OK with the helmets

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hahah this is why you pull every possible thread. Watergate started as a break-in and was a non-story for months.

If not for all the pressure and probes over the last few years I doubt anything would've come out. The pile-on could pay off.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Redskins is their heritage and tradition. I will respect team history by always referring to them accordingly…

No, that team died with JKC. This monstrosity has been wearing the Skins' ill-gained skin for years. With Football Team, this monster finally developed its own identity.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Always call state police, tell them what's up, and ask for Safety Service Patrol. VDOT will send one out and they'll set up behind you, and help if you want.

Edit: In Maryland, they'll send CHART. CHART can even relocate your car to a safer area.
Thanks for the tip. I was debating either calling a tow truck or changing the tire and don't know what got in me to decide to change it. I was never one to do idiotic things even back as a teenager so definitely the stupidest life threatening one.

• Wow

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
From the above WaPost article:

Juice? Sounds juicy.

If there is actual real evidence, proof, that Snyder has cheated his fellow owners, I can't see how he could survive that and keep the team. Even if its small potatoes, it should be a death sentence for his ownership. "should be"... We'll see what the NFL actually does here.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thanks for the tip. I was debating either calling a tow truck or changing the tire and don't know what got in me to decide to change it. I was never one to do idiotic things even back as a teenager so definitely the stupidest life threatening one.

Almost nobody realizes that VSP/MSP/VDOT/SHA are happy to help motorists. It's just not a resource that gets advertised or talked about. Sometimes people call in, but most assists come from police or CHART/SSP finding disabled cars on their own. I know when I was in driving school they were like "Good luck! Try to avoid dying!" and that was about it, no talk of other resources.

Virginia State Police: dial #77
Maryland State Police: dial *77

(I think MSP is * instead of #, I might be thinking of WVA or PA)

911 is for emergencies, but the 77 lines take you right to dispatch offices to report traffic issues or request non-emergency aid.

Oh, and if you ever run out of gas they'll give you a gallon to get you to a gas station.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If there is actual real evidence, proof, that Snyder has cheated his fellow owners, I can't see how he could survive that and keep the team. Even if its small potatoes, it should be a death sentence for his ownership. "should be"... We'll see what the NFL actually does here.

It sounds like they were plucking "abandoned" deposits for a slush fund and hopefully it's found to be illegal, but I've got a sneaking suspicion there's a clause in every ticket holder's contract stipulating something about refund forfeiture. I may be wrong. Any one have a contract handy?

• Wow

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I’m sure some won’t want to vote him out, I bet Snyder knows things about a few owners that they’d probably not want brought to light

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’m sure some won’t want to vote him out, I bet Snyder knows things about a few owners that they’d probably not want brought to light

If he doesn't yet I'm sure he's probably calling his stable of private investigators.

• Wow

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It sounds like they were plucking "abandoned" deposits for a slush fund and hopefully it's found to be illegal, but I've got a sneaking suspicion there's a clause in every ticket holder's contract stipulating something about refund forfeiture. I may be wrong. Any one have a contract handy?

I think the big thing is revelations that they were doing shady stuff to dodge sharing all the revenue owed.

Reactions: g00n

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
There will need to be more for the NFL to act because Snyder will fight it and he will fight dirty.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
1649801686842.gif

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
There will need to be more for the NFL to act because Snyder will fight it and he will fight dirty.

Probably... but one has to wonder what must he do for the NFL to simply bite the bullet and rid themselves? Hiding revenue from them seems like it should be enough. But then again they've all stood by and watched him turn their most lucrative franchise into a dreadful mess, so who knows what they really care about? A few dollars revenue, or protecting their dirty underbelly from seeing sunlight?

• Wow

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I’m not sure if you’re joking or not but this seems spot on. I could easily see Ron and co take a player with less talent with a military background over a superior player with potential off field issues. That’s good and all and character definitely matters but sometimes you have to take a risk, look at Parsons last year…
I was 100% serious, FYI.

Not joking

Reactions: max21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad