Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Oilers need to keep pushing the play. You can't expect to win games getting outshot with Skinner in net. Nurse/Ceci absolutely terrible too. Their goalie gifted the win but Edmonton gifted it right back

McDavid looked off. I m curious to see at the end of the year if he's been hampered by an injury.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ekholm, Bouchard and Foegele were the only players with a positive xGF%.

Nurse, Ceci, Nuge and Ryan under 10%

Kulak, Brown, Draisaitl, Desharnais, Kane under 30%

This team hasn’t looked good for 3 games now. Whatever is wrong with them they gotta figure out quick.

That game has me angrier than I have ever been at this team.

f***ing pathetic.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
We actually have no 5v5 game plan, like zero, it’s all luck based.

This team hopes for PP’s and plays survival 5v5.

Fire Nurse and Ceci into the sun, we’ve known this for ever and nothing has ever been done.

The team doesn’t have the mental capability to actually compete, they are weak on the puck and slow.

Finishing has been an issue I’ve brought up a ton, if nuge scores this game is probably over, and we’ve all said that for the past 3 playoffs.

I’ll be the negative Nancy, but this team is cooked, maybe they win this series but that will be it, other teams actually want it, they don’t just say they want it, they physically want it. Something we haven’t shown pretty much since 2006.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
5 in a row folks. The oilers got dummied in this game even before it was 4-1. Once the second period started they weren’t even close to the Canuck. Nucks be laughing in their dressing room at how this went, and the oilers have to be worried that Drai may not be back.
Inexcusably play by the whole club the last 2 periods but with how much Nucks got in scoring chances no way that should be 5 GA. To put this in perspective Nucks scored only 13 goals in 6 games all of round one. They blow 5 by Stewed Skinner.

Reactions: iCanada

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
It's only game 1, I'm not panicking yet. Calgary bent us over two years ago in game 1.

But the boys need to wake up. You cannot sit back like that on a quick strike team like a Vancouver. Hopefully they learn that lesson.

Reactions: TheNumber4

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Back to zero confidence in the goaltender he's on track to pull another 2nd round bozo act and cost the team on saveable shots. I wont bother listening to anything sports related cause you know they are gonna be talked about as clowns after this performance.
Meh, let's see how he bounces back... but yeh not trending well

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Same thing I said after game 2 against LA. If Skinner plays like that again the net should be Pickard's. The Oilers played an awful game offensively, but they gave up very little defensively and somehow Skinner spotted them 5.

Reactions: jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Up four to f***ing one and this is the game they shat out midway through. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. How the f*** do they quit playing, essentially, up by that much? These clowns are supposed to be professional f***ing hockey players, getting paid seven, eight figures to play a game, and they can't muster up enough effort to stick with it over 60 f***ing minutes? Bravo, well done... another Oilers special in the books.

Where to begin.. Ceci Nurse pairing was absolute dogshit all night, -3. Kane was completely useless, and did very little to engage in his own hometown. Skinner had another one of these games we've seen from him, where he collapses and lets in at least two stinkers he should have had. Perry was a ghost, yet again. Desharnais was victimized by the speed and looked overwhelmed.

Wonder if Pickard gets the call. They should sit Ceci, since they can't sit Nurse; that asshole makes way too much and someone in management would bitch about it. Put in Stecher. Sit Perry, put in Gagner. I don't know what was wrong with McDavid but he looked invisible. I'll say it again, he ***still*** hasn't f***ing learnt how to play in these games, when everything tightens up, and he can't rely on rush plays. Draisaitl is far, far more impressive when things lock down like this, but now he's likely hurt and playing through whatever happened.

Whenever the Oilers have lost in the playoffs.. it's almost never the opposition team beating them. It's always been the Oilers beating the Oilers. Wake the f*** up you clowns. You are never going to be contending for anything with this kind of garbage lack of committment and work rate. No killer instinct, no real leadership aside from Draisaitl.. f*** outta here with this garbage.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I want reparation payments from Nurse. Seriously, he should give back 1/2 his contract. Pay individual dividends to each fan Or just toss it into the next 50/50. But that guy should feel guilty AF that he’s a top paid D man.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
They did this on the Kings series as well. Go up early and sit on the lead.

Came out hard amd just lost all energy amd effort half way through the first

Let's call it jet lag from the week off.

On to the next...

3 horrible goals on Skinner in 4 minutes in the 3rd. Embarrassing

And of course edmonton scores on the 1st PP. They'd do that they won't get another PP all game amd today shows it

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
5 in a row folks. The oilers got dummied in this game even before it was 4-1. Once the second period started they weren’t even close to the Canuck. Nucks be laughing in their dressing room at how this went, and the oilers have to be worried that Drai may not be back.

At least you're closer to your loser prediction though, so you can hang your hat on that

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Even if we did manage to make it past the Canucks in this series we would get destroyed by one of Colorado/Dallas. Enjoy the ride while it lasts. We will need a GM who has more than a 2 digit IQ to make the necessary changes to take this team to the next level. Still way too many passengers and players getting paid ridiculous amounts of money to be liabilities

Reactions: FlameChampion

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Don't worry if Drai is injured guys, Tyler Wright and Ken Holland picked a total stud in Xavier Borgault exactly for this purpose. Just do yourself a favor and don't look who was picked immediately after him.
Chiarelli screwed us so hard with the Reinhart trade but did he get Bouchard and McLeod same year? Last good draft (jury out on Holloway and Broberg).

Holland signed Hyman and traded for Ekholm. 2 huge moves. And not a whole lot else.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Ekholm, Bouchard and Foegele were the only players with a positive xGF%.

Nurse, Ceci, Nuge and Ryan under 10%

Kulak, Brown, Draisaitl, Desharnais, Kane under 30%

This team hasn’t looked good for 3 games now. Whatever is wrong with them they gotta figure out quick.

That game has me angrier than I have ever been at this team.

f***ing pathetic.
It’s the same shit every year, this is just a broken team.

I really hope I’m wrong but I don’t think I am.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Inexcusably play by the whole club the last 2 periods but with how much Nucks got in scoring chances no way that should be 5 GA. To put this in perspective Nucks scored only 13 goals in 6 games all of round one. They blow 5 by Stewed Skinner.
Expected goals were 3-1 for Vancouver. Skinner gave up 2 extra, Silovs 3.

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
The Oilers were badly outplayed in the 2nd and 3rd - I saw repeated getting beat to loose pucks, poor, poor execution of passes, and no push back. We were lucky to get 4 goals - it wasn't an indicator of how poorly we played.

When it was 4 to 3 still, I thought that if they lose this game after leading 4 - 1, they lose the series. Hyperbole maybe, but that was trash. Vancouver in 5 if they keep playing like that.

Drai is clearly injured worse than against LA and CGY last year. We're in trouble. 😞

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad