Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals (kind of) vs Providence Bruins | 5/11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Interestingly enough, Orlov has 22 points in 50 games this year - a 36 point pace over a full season, which would have been his best output ever. The second half of the year, his O has absolutely exploded - and he's getting more 'luck' his way - and it wouldn't be out of the realm to assume he could've finished with 40-plus points over an 82-game season, given his pace the latter parts of the season. A nice development, given the worries that many here had about his point production the first few weeks.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
If it's Covid protocol then why not announce what happened I guess is where we differ. Shouldn't be such a big deal if they were playing video games in a hotel room after a game together. It's more than that. I promise.
Again. Whatever they did to get on the protocol was a problem at the time and decision was made to handle it in the room. Covid doesn't change that but it also doesn't mean the original infraction is somehow a festering cancer. More likely, the dealt with internally and they consider it done and nobody's business.

Reactions: Raikkonen

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Again. Whatever they did to get on the protocol was a problem at the time and decision was made to handle it in the room. Covid doesn't change that but it also doesn't mean the original infraction is somehow a festering cancer. More likely, the dealt with internally and they consider it done and nobody's business.
Considering Alan May's comments which I may be reading too much into..I doubt that its covid stuff. He's way more locked in with the team than us internet folk...but whatever. Hope youre right or I'll be sporting yet another ex Caps jersey in the near future.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
They can consider it anything they want to, but that's emblematic of one of the weird imbalances between fans and the organization. These teams ask fans to embrace the players. They market them, as hockey players first but then as all kinds of other symbols. The 4th highest paid player on the team lands in the doghouse and then, somewhat mysteriously, gets placed in covid protocol. For the first covid protocol episode, we knew (I forget how) that the Ruskies met up in a hotel room. In the absence of any background on why/how the latest incident happened, it's ripe for speculation. Some of it may be a stretch, but as long as it's explained as conjecture, that's fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad