Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals (kind of) vs Providence Bruins | 5/11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Wait is that for real? Where is all this cap space coming from to sit every D and almost every forward?

I was thinking the same. It's like they are able to field a whole new 20 man squad out of nowhere.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
I was thinking the same. It's like they are able to field a whole new 20 man squad out of nowhere.

Agree with the above, plus:
- Doesn't the league have rules about icing a competitive team? Quite possible that the resulting line-up wouldn't qualify for a preseason game.
- If Ovie's able to play, this sounds like a game in which he could score the 6 he needs to reach 30 for the season.
- If all this is w/in NHL rules, why aren't Caps doing the same?

Reactions: tenken00

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Agree with the above, plus:
- Doesn't the league have rules about icing a competitive team? Quite possible that the resulting line-up wouldn't qualify for a preseason game.
- If Ovie's able to play, this sounds like a game in which he could score the 6 he needs to reach 30 for the season.
- If all this is w/in NHL rules, why aren't Caps doing the same?
I don't know about Ovechkin returning for this one. You have that clown Frederic who already tried to go with Ovechkin earlier this season. Wouldn't put it pass him to try to go at Ovechkin again to take him out of the upcoming playoffs.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
I don't know about Ovechkin returning for this one. You have that clown Frederic who already tried to go with Ovechkin earlier this season. Wouldn't put it pass him to try to go at Ovechkin again to take him out of the upcoming playoffs.

I would not be surprised if some of the scrubs they put out there tonight have that exact mentality re. not only Ovie if he plays but all of the Caps' skilled guys who don't typically throw 'em.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I don’t see how they physically can do that without completely bending the rules. CapFriendly has the Bruins listed as only having around 360K in cap space available.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I also don't get these roster rules. Even outside of capspace, where does the 23 man roster come into play? I don't get how they can sit that many dudes

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Kuznetsov hasn’t even been on the ice yet? We’re just hoping he is ready to play by Saturday? This blows

crab

Jan 26, 2019
There is no way that is possible for them to meet the cap and scratch all those guys. If the league allows this while the Caps had to run a reduced roster it’s a joke.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
There is no way that is possible for them to meet the cap and scratch all those guys. If the league allows this while the Caps had to run a reduced roster it’s a joke.
Apparently as long as they can meet the cap, it's fair game. I forgot the 23 man roster limit does not apply after the trade deadline, so they can have 30 guys with the club so long as they meet the cap

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Apparently as long as they can meet the cap, it's fair game. I forgot the 23 man roster limit does not apply after the trade deadline, so they can have 30 guys with the club so long as they meet the cap

Ok that makes more sense. I knew they would have to meet the cap but was wondering if they were going to stash guys on IR. Per capfriendly they have a 29 man roster and are under the cap.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I took it as a joke

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
No contact with the team. No workouts. No skating on protocols. No update yesterday. No update today except he is not there. Your guess is as good as mine.

I'll put it plain and simple, the Caps are moving on from Kuzy/Sammy. I don't expect either to be part of the playoff roster! Neither player is practicing with the team, so what makes you think Lavi is going put them back in the lineup?! Why should either player deserve to be back in the lineup and create distraction/ruin new chemistry that is already being developed with the current playing roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad