Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals (kind of) vs Providence Bruins | 5/11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
My g/f's reading twitter on the couch and she saw that Hags interview and was like, "Who's that handsome man with the glorious hair?" and I was like, "Oh boy, let me tell you ALL ABOUT Carl Hagelin. But, before we get started, let's rewind a bit so I can show you his breakaway prowess..."
"I THOUGHT YOU SAID THAT GUY NEVER SCORED!"

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Wait. So we are the only playoff game scheduled so far?

They don't even have a date and time for Pens-Isles, TB-FLA or anyone else yet??

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I liked weekes commenting on Hags taking a slapper on breakaway. Recalled Brian Rolston doing same thing because Rolston ‘had such a great shot.’ Didnt need to spell out the obvious, that Hags had a different reason for taking shot

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Wait. So we are the only playoff game scheduled so far?

They don't even have a date and time for Pens-Isles, TB-FLA or anyone else yet??

afaik, Caps G1R1 is the only one announced thus far. You figure NBC would want to be promoting the Pens' first game but maybe there's a curling match or some other competition that would conflict with Canadians watching their second favorite team.

Reactions: tenken00

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So why did the Caps announce what happened when Kuzy, Ovi, Sam (Orlov maybe - I forget) got put on Covid protocol earlier in the season for hanging out in a hotel room after a game - but now silence. Something is off here. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems strange.
Whatever they did the day of the healthy scratch clearly was a problem. Typically things like that aren't discussed publicly and are handled in the room. It's reasonable to assume that whatever that was also led to the Covid protocol. So if they wouldn't discuss it after the healthy scratches, why would the Covid protocol change that?

Look, for all I know they were doing speedballs with the Rockettes. But the fact is we know next to nothing and all these claims that it's X or Y are pure BS.

Maybe it gets reported eventually and maybe not but as of now, we have zero information about Kuzy's status for the playoffs.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Whatever they did the day of the healthy scratch clearly was a problem. Typically things like that aren't discussed publicly and are handled in the room. It's reasonable to assume that whatever that was also led to the Covid protocol. So if they wouldn't discuss it after the healthy scratches, why would the Covid protocol change that?

Look, for all I know they were doing speedballs with the Rockettes. But the fact is we know next to nothing and all these claims that it's X or Y are pure BS.

Maybe it gets reported eventually and maybe not but as of now, we have zero information about Kuzy's status for the playoffs.
I think we are saying the same thing in different ways.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
I'm saying I doubt it's anything more than the Covid protocol at this point, but we don't know and most of the speculation has been ridiculous.

That said, I thing Kuzy's future with the team will depend on how he performs in the playoffs, assuming he plays.
If it's Covid protocol then why not announce what happened I guess is where we differ. Shouldn't be such a big deal if they were playing video games in a hotel room after a game together. It's more than that. I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad