Post-Game Talk: Washington Capitals (kind of) vs Providence Bruins | 5/11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think he ends up being a cap casualty to make room for Ovi's new deal. Him and Hagelin are likely gone.

Its possible. Hagelin is responsible for a lot of the improved performance of their pk since he arrived. He's worth 5 spots in the rankings at least just by himself. If just anyone could do it, they would

Reactions: troyerlaw

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I would like to sign Raffl but I don’t see it because:
A. Sprong has no doubt solidified a 3R role (and can also play on left like when OV was out)
B. At some point you have to show a path from Hershey to Caps - has a big impact for the youngsters

Add to that, it has clearly been hard to impossible to move Hags. I’m not willing to pay to move him. Let the 13th forward come from Hershey.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So much better. Engaged in all aspects of the game. It’ll be hilarious, but also not totally absurd, if he winds up being the TDL difference maker, not Mantha. Raffl strikes me as a gamer
I hope they both make a difference. I know I’ve been leading the Mantha cheerleading squad since the trade, but I just think this has been a hell of a crazy few weeks. Raffl is a veteran guy at 32; he’s been traded a couple times at least.

For Mantha, he’s 26, unexpectedly traded out of the only organization he’s ever played in, and is suddenly being asked to play a supporting role and a complete and disciplined style of game behind world-class superstars for the first time. In Detroit, he was one of the only important guys on a team with no direction where you just did whatever. That’s a lot of change.

Meanwhile, one of his teammates has been hung in effigy by fans and the press, almost the entire top 6 except him went down with injury, another top 6 guy and the 1A goalie have been banished in some way. It’s a lot for youngish guy on his first new team, and he’s still been playing fairly well in several aspects. I still think he’s gonna get it sorted, hopefully sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad