Was Laine - PLD a lose/lose?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Whoa.. hold on, you seriously believe that?

If that comes to fruition.. ouch. I just don't see it, not yet.

No team in the NHL is going to give him top dollar now that we see he is nothing but a complimentary player who just wants to pad his stats and with a sour attitude.

Europe will pay him more.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I think this(or any trade) can be lose-lose only with new BAD contracts.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
The difference is in when PLD and Laine aren't scoring much only one of them is still contributing a lot on the ice. Dubois has been a pretty good defensive center. It's annoying that he doesn't score more but he plays well in his own end and is one of a few Jets that hits mean. Laine would for sure look a lot better on the Jets then he does on CLB. As usual too early to tell with this trade.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I'm sure one of them will eventually get playing up to the level they should be playing at again. Which one, where, and when i have no idea.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
Decent trade for Wpg, bad trade for CBJ because of their Coach.

I think Laine would do very well on a team that he had the freedom to be himself and then mature afterwards with age.

He's classic Generation Z. Torts doesn't appear to know how to coach the new generation of players.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Oh my god I’ve never wanted a thread title fixed so badly in my life lol

Loose/lose and choose/chose are the most irritatingly frequent mistakes i see:shakehead
You're and your. Affect and Effect. To and too. Oh I see someone already posted some. There are a lot more.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Its funny that they both left situations best for them and didnt see it in the moment. Its also funny that to this point Roslovic has probably been the best player in this deal and hes just been ok overall

Reactions: Cowumbus

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Even though tortz is likely gone, I’d love to see laine reaction to a tortz contract extension!

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
How would people know if it wasn't stated in the first place?

It is common knowledge that this is very much an international board. Has been for nearly 20 years.

If a person has somehow missed that, I don't really know what to say, except maybe that's a case of a membership in one of the following clubs: 'Flat Earth Society' or 'Search for extra-US intelligence'.The latter, also know as SETU has a branch called 'SETU at home' where you can install the software on your computer and use it to search for signals of intelligent lifeforms outside the US. Just for the brave, endeavoring souls, though.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It is common knowledge that this is very much an international board. Has been for nearly 20 years.

If a person has somehow missed that, I don't really know what to say, except maybe that's a case of a membership in one of the following clubs: 'Flat Earth Society' or 'Search for extra-US intelligence'.The latter, also know as SETU has a branch called 'SETU at home' where you can install the software on your computer and use it to search for signals of intelligent lifeforms outside the US. Just for the brave, endeavoring souls, though.
Pshaw. Everybody knows that's an absurd myth. I mean, yeah, sometimes folks will claim that Canada is actually "outside the US" as opposed to being the Maple Leaf State we all know and tolerate, but nobody takes those weirdos seriously. Nobody worth paying attention to, anyways.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Any chance Laine moves to a new season this summer? As an RFA, there has been very little talk about his next steps. Considering his past, I would imagine he is already dreaming of greener pastures and I wouldn't blame the Jackets for hoping that happens also.

Really a bummer overall as I was a big Laine fan. Hope he finds his way in this league.... If not, will be remembered as one of the biggest falls from grace ever.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Do people understand that there are some among us whose native language is not English? The amount of gloating at spelling mistakes seems very childish.

If you want to come to an English board, and engage in English, wouldn't you want to know the rules of the language?
Plus its giving a poor example, of how to write it.

I wish you and others well in this endeavour.

Reactions: Faterson

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
As for 1 for 1? Probably didn’t work out for any party. Like both guys should be going to a new team.

when you consider that CBJ also got Roslovic? Easy win for them. He is “statistically” the best player this season and he was suppose to be 3rd guy.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I aint trying to pile on but someone needs to appreciate the comedy gold of the following:

OP makes a spelling error in the title. Then gets ribbed a little

yes defiantly a loose loose

its all water under the fridge at this point though
How do people still spell lose wrong?
He gets annoyed, corrects the title and says this
I didnt correct is just so all you 10yr olds can complete ignore what the thread is about and only focus on spelling.

Only to IMMEDIATELY follow it up with this
Puljujärvi is the huzzler on the line. .

C'mon, that's just funny as hell timing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad