Willy thread, does it show again?
My my, just how much I've missed you
Yes, I've been brokenhearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?
Willy thread, now I really know,
My my, I could never let you go.

Haha Nice!
I realy like Willy and hope he signs and become a permanent keyplayer. I think higher of him then most here. The ABBA list was just for fun :)

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I read some where earlier today that the deal is almost done, and he will play season opener, 6 years x 6.5 I can't remeber the sources right now but it was said by 2 people .

They are just working out the fine details

I think you read that in chapter 6 and 7.

Reactions: Confucius

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Some Marner fans will hate me now. But wouldnt it be best for the team if he slumped big this year? Just to be better then he ever been next year after he signes. This should apply to Matthews too. But he might get his dollars anyway.
Or they play great and win the cup this year, but if they dont...

We should be quite happy Nylander had a bad year at PP.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Some Marner fans will hate me now. But wouldnt it be best for the team if he slumped big this year? Just to be better then he ever been next year after he signes. This should apply to Matthews too. But he might get his dollars anyway.

maybe Babs should play them 7/8 mins on the 4th line with no pp time to keep there production down so we can force them to take a long term deal at 2/3 m per

hopefully they won't figure out we're f***ing with them so they'll sign cheap

Reactions: ZEBROA

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
maybe Babs should play them 7/8 mins on the 4th line with no pp time to keep there production down so we can force them to take a long term deal at 2/3 m per

hopefully they won't figure out we're ****ing with them so they'll sign cheap

Thats a evil plan but genious.
Just for some extra spice.
Slip someting in the gatorade.
Itchingpowder and fireants in the clothes.
Let their most embaresing relatives sing the anthem.
Sharpen the skates totaly wrong.
Sabotage all hockeysticks.
Show them the gameplay plans made from random Trump quotes.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Thats a evil plan but genious.
Just for some extra spice.
Slip someting in the gatorade.
Itchingpowder and fireants in the clothes.
Let their most embaresing relatives sing the anthem.
Sharpen the skates totaly wrong.
Sabotage all hockeysticks.
Show them the gameplay plans made from random Trump quotes.
This is all crazy talk. I expect the leafs to go for the cup this year.

Reactions: Farsailor

Farsailor

Aug 4, 2018
What he said ^. Leafs are favourites to win the cup. I hope for big years from both Matthews and Marner.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

if they win a cup then pay them all the money in the world or even trade the lot and rebuild again. Without a guaranteed cup it would be best for our long term success if marner had a down year, but its just not going to happen he will be playing with an elite center who is 27 and seasoned the NHL with 2 80 points seasons already. Nylander's case was difference Matthews is elite but not seasoned and missed 20 games it was a perfect storm.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Crazy talk u say! I ment every word! I was as serious as this thread.

If they dont win the cup , then whos crazy?... ;)

I still think they need to add some punch and jam on the third and fourth lines if they want to compete for a Cup.

Reactions: coupe93

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
if they win a cup then pay them all the money in the world or even trade the lot and rebuild again. Without a guaranteed cup it would be best for our long term success if marner had a down year, but its just not going to happen he will be playing with an elite center who is 27 and seasoned the NHL with 2 80 points seasons already. Nylander's case was difference Matthews is elite but not seasoned and missed 20 games it was a perfect storm.

Yeah i think Marner will have his best season to date. If not somethings realy wrong. I hope Nylander redeem himself , he feels way to underrated.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
While I don't consider it a lock, I also think a lot would need to go wrong for them to miss, fingers crossed.

Personally there's one guy people seem to forget about sometimes... Andersen. If he goes down for a long period... we'd be in trouble . Mac is good but that's a lot to ask. That's the main guy I'd be afraid of anything happening too.

member 262271

Personally there's one guy people seem to forget about sometimes... Andersen. If he goes down for a long period... we'd be in trouble . Mac is good but that's a lot to ask. That's the main guy I'd be afraid of anything happening too.
For sure, that's one thing playoffs are hinging on - hopefully he doesn't get run a lot like he did last year.

Reactions: Burnie97

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Nylander is going to sit the first game of the season, in hopes that Dubas freaks out and signs a bad contract

Last edited:

member 262271

I almost wish Romanuk was still with Sportsnet, so he could call Ennis Nylander - that'd force Willy's hand for sure. Actually wait, no, scratch that.

Reactions: NiftyMits

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I believe you notice the difference with Hyman not playing. He brings that sandpaper element to our lineup. He and Brown need to continue doing what they do best. Bang, dig and retrieve. Although I have to agree, I would love to see another winger like them in our top 9. Leivo should be that guy but I don't know if hes cut out to be it!!!!

I think once Nylander comes back there is going to need to be some trades to occur. Ennis will be put next to Kadri with Brown. But I think we may need to ship out some players to round out our team. Depending on how Johnsson and Kapanen fair on the 4th line one of them may become expendable for a D piece. And we may need to bring up someone like Grundstrum or Moore to play the wing in their place. Just not sure if that 4th line will work.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Nylander is going to sit the first game of the season, in hopes that Dubas freaks out and sings a bad contract

Sitting out until the season starts could work for Nylander, but most probably will work for the Leafs and Dubas. Only way it works for Nylander is if the Leafs start out of the gate slow. Which I think wont happen. Nylander will be forced to buckle not the Leafs

Reactions: dsred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad