Speculation: War and Peace Chapter 9: The Nylander Saga Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

looking at the scenario above and auston and mitch's contracts to be signed next season I think the best option is:

wait till dec 1st; offer a 6.5million 5 yr contract

A four year deal would keep him an RFA, and would have even more cap savings in future years...

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
But would get him arbitration where he is allowed to select 1 year deal walking himself straight to UFA

Who cares!!!!

We have him for 4 more years, if he earns more then we have offered then he deserves it. But at the end of the day, arbitrators give out compensation based on comparable's. Whats fair is fair at that time. If you cant afford him you will know by then if hes needed as core piece or if you trade him for one that is.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Who cares!!!!

We have him for 4 more years, if he earns more then we have offered then he deserves it. But at the end of the day, arbitrators give out compensation based on comparable's. Whats fair is fair at that time. If you cant afford him you will know by then if hes needed as core piece or if you trade him for one that is.

A player with a 1 year contract doesn’t have his full value you are aware of that right? So if he is a UFA at season end we won’t get a core piece for him

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
But would get him arbitration where he is allowed to select 1 year deal walking himself straight to UFA

Still probably better than a 5 year deal On a higher AAV.

You like to argue my posts, don’t you...?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
A lot of people are coming on HFBoards saying they are involved with the team and have inside information about Nylander, the final roster spots, etc.

Isn't that against the rules?

No one seems to be calling them out.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Dubas is on record saying no pressure until dec 1, yikes. I think after he misses his first game cheque hes going to come down like a sad puppy dog. Id still trade him for D though.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Still probably better than a 5 year deal On a higher AAV.

You like to argue my posts, don’t you...?

No I don’t....
Haha

Seriously though 5 year deal is the worst option followed by 4 year. Anything in between is ok outside of 1 year too I guess

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He is also about to face a lot tougher competition than he has faced previously.

Marner will not blow Nylander out of the water this season. That is mad exaggeration

So facing other team’s top offensive lines is easy peasy, huh?

Reactions: TimeZone

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
So facing other team’s top offensive lines is easy least, huh?
First off Marner only played with Kadri for like 1/4th of his NHL career (~half a season). Before that he played primarily on the Bozak line so 3rd line QoC.

Secondly Matthews played against a higher QoC than Kadri and I imagine JT will too. Therefore I'd expect Marner will face higher QoC than he has ever faced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad