Online Series: WandaVision - Spring 2021 on Disney+

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
No, I doubt that's necessary. Disney cancelled all future X-Men projects when it acquired Fox and anything new will fall under the MCU umbrella, so it's speculated that Disney/Marvel will just reboot it so it blends more seamless with the rest of their films. I believe the only exception is Deadpool 3, but Marvel will oversee a lot of the creative process.

What about from an entertainment perspective? Are they worth it? I've never been into xmen but 2 years ago I had never watched an mcu movie and now I've watched them all and even some of the shows (netflix ones suck though) and I'm super glad I did.

FWIW, I watched WandaVision without being up to date on The Avengers. I've probably missed the last four films and had no clue who Wanda or Vision were. It didn't matter much. The first two episodes of the series didn't make much sense without the backstory, but I stuck with it and am really enjoying how everything's slowly revealing itself. Let's face it -- when the source material is a comic book, how complex can it be?

I had the same experience with The Watchmen movie. Never read the graphic novel, didn't know the characters, but it remains the single best super-hero film I've ever seen.

I know I don't "have" to watch anything really, but if it's a fun ride like the mcu was, why not?

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
What about from an entertainment perspective? Are they worth it? I've never been into xmen but 2 years ago I had never watched an mcu movie and now I've watched them all and even some of the shows (netflix ones suck though) and I'm super glad I did.

I know I don't "have" to watch anything really, but if it's a fun ride like the mcu was, why not?

I've watched them all recently (comments on the last movie you've seen threads), and since you seem to be at the opposite of my tastes (the Netflix shows are my favorite Marvel thing, well Daredevil and Jessica Jones), I'd say go for it.

I didn't like any of them, but I'd say the original 3 are worth seeing if you like the superhero stuff.

Edit: Last Movie You Watched and Rate It | Movie-mber Edition

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

I like the first two X-men, Logan, X-Men: First Class, and X-Men: Days of Future Past. I'm not a fan of the humour in Deadpool so I never bothered with those. The rest are trash or I've heard they're pretty terrible.

The first two X-men may seem a little dated, but I grew up reading X-men comics so maybe that's why I still like them.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
The main cast in this have been incredible, gotta say at first I didn’t think the show lent itself to weekly release (based on the first couple episodes) but as it’s progressed I’m glad to have been proven wrong

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Well...

I think pretty much everyone was already anticipating that reveal but still certainly something to see it unfold.

I cant believe how well done this episode was regarding the similarities to Modern Family. Elizabeth Olsen was absolutely fantastic, so similar to Claire Dunphy with her gestures, the way she walked, etc. etc.

As Dr. Strange would say.... "We're in the end game now".

Reactions: xtra

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think it was a coincidence that Tommy was wearing a Green Sweater and Billy was wearing a Red Sweater in todays episode... A real subtle way of foreshadowing what's coming next week.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
That was a choppy episode with a weird rhythm even for this show until it went full horror at the end.

Sorry to all the people I doubted about the Agatha stuff thinking it's comic book fans trying to make connections like usual.

One thing I do not understand

Agatha Harkness is supposed to be a good guy, isn't she?

Yeah but if she said she killed the dog then what are the chances she's good lol? Maybe an anti-hero at best.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad