Online Series: WandaVision - Spring 2021 on Disney+

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much on the aerospace engineer, but, it's been referenced now over a couple of episodes. I don't think they'd do that unless there's something big there.

Someone like John Krasinki as Reed would be great, especially in an episode based on mockumentary sitcom style, but it feels like a big reveal when we'd be years out from a movie on the character.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Most likely Aerospace engineer is indeed Reed Richards. Another option is his biggest foe, Victor Von Doom.

Another character that has ties to Monica Rambeau, they were on the same team (the Ultimates) on and off in the comics for years, Adam Brashear who is also known as Blue Marvel.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well, he designed and built the X-Men's Blackbird, so that would probably qualify.

X-Men Blackbird

His areas were biochemistry and genetics.

There's nothing about McCoy designing and building it. It was based on an RS-150 and SR-71:

The Blackbird is the X-Men's main source of conventional transportation. Professor Charles Xavier somehow gained at least one working version of the RS-150 Blackbird from S.H.I.E.L.D., after the X-Men's Stratojet had been destroyed by Count Nefaria.[1] Located in an aircraft hangar on the grounds of the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, the Blackbird served the Professor and X-Men for many years. At some time, the Professor upgraded to the SR-71 Blackbird. The Devil's Rock was the exit and entry point for the X-Men's aircraft

After an extended sojourn in space with the Starjammers, Professor Xavier returned to Earth and both the original and third teams of X-Men reassembled under his leadership. At this time, Prof. Xavier asked Forge, a mutant with an unusual talent for inventing mechanical devices, to upgrade the Blackbird and include Shi'ar technology, including a cloaking device which literally made the Blackbird invisible.

The Fox movies are not canon. What happened in them is irrelevant.

Last edited:

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
The Fox movies are not canon. What happened in them is irrelevant.

You're probably right, but with Evan Peters running around, it's hard for anyone to definitively say how Fox stuff will ultimately be handled.

It will be pretty remarkable if this show introduces a major Fox character (either Xmen or F4). It's already a show that's going to have a big impact on some key properties like Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel.

Given that the former Marvel shows were essentially independent of the movies, this is swinging far in the other direction.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
It will be pretty remarkable if this show introduces a major Fox character (either Xmen or F4). It's already a show that's going to have a big impact on some key properties like Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel.

We're in the multiverse now, they wouldn't have pulled off that Quicksilver stunt if not to tie in with the X-Men or mutants at least. I think we'll see something from that world, whether it be in this show or another Marvel one.

Also everyone stop trying to make Ultron happen, it isn't gonna happen.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
So what shows have they parodied so far? Father knows best, MTM, Bewitched, Malcolm in The Middle, and a couple others I missed. Great stuff.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much on the aerospace engineer, but, it's been referenced now over a couple of episodes. I don't think they'd do that unless there's something big there.

Someone like John Krasinki as Reed would be great, especially in an episode based on mockumentary sitcom style, but it feels like a big reveal when we'd be years out from a movie on the character.

If I'm not mistaken, they're doing a Office episode.... With the rumors of Krasinski being Richard Reed already....

You know what. I think its happening. Perfect way to make a big reveal in that episode and to pay homage to the Office by having "Jim" in that same episode. I bet we even get a classic Jim stare into the camera scene.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If I'm not mistaken, they're doing a Office episode.... With the rumors of Krasinski being Richard Reed already....

You know what. I think its happening. Perfect way to make a big reveal in that episode and to pay homage to the Office by having "Jim" in that same episode. I bet we even get a classic Jim stare into the camera scene.

I feel like some people are setting themselves up to be disappointed.

I mean maybe it is reed richards, but it might not be Krasinski who plays him.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I despise John Krasinski to the point that it could ruin this for me if he's anything more than a one-off.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Most likely Aerospace engineer is indeed Reed Richards. Another option is his biggest foe, Victor Von Doom.

Another character that has ties to Monica Rambeau, they were on the same team (the Ultimates) on and off in the comics for years, Adam Brashear who is also known as Blue Marvel.

I do wonder if they would ever do blue marvel or more likely his son Kevin to fit with the timeline.

from what I know of the blue marvel storyline a dual story focusing on them both would be a great way to tie Adam’s past into his sons story now and tie into the current political atmosphere.

also I’d demand that Idris Elba to be either Adam or kevin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Jim is already in the show though.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I despise John Krasinski to the point that it could ruin this for me if he's anything more than a one-off.

I like him but also distrust some sort of smugness about him.

His wife seems cool though, or possibly a bit crazy, or both.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I do wonder if they would ever do blue marvel or more likely his son Kevin to fit with the timeline.

from what I know of the blue marvel storyline a dual story focusing on them both would be a great way to tie Adam’s past into his sons story now and tie into the current political atmosphere.

also I’d demand that Idris Elba to be either Adam or kevin
Wonder if Elba would be willing to play a new role in the MCU.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

NBC property. They've been doing ABC/Fox shows. Moderns Family is next and is the last one.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
6JBBC53.jpeg

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I've never read the comics and have no idea what this multi-verse is about but should I go and watch all of the x-men movies to get a better understanding of what's going to happen in the future if this is indeed the case?

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I've never read the comics and have no idea what this multi-verse is about but should I go and watch all of the x-men movies to get a better understanding of what's going to happen in the future if this is indeed the case?

No, I doubt that's necessary. Disney cancelled all future X-Men projects when it acquired Fox and anything new will fall under the MCU umbrella, so it's speculated that Disney/Marvel will just reboot it so it blends more seamless with the rest of their films. I believe the only exception is Deadpool 3, but Marvel will oversee a lot of the creative process.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
FWIW, I watched WandaVision without being up to date on The Avengers. I've probably missed the last four films and had no clue who Wanda or Vision were. It didn't matter much. The first two episodes of the series didn't make much sense without the backstory, but I stuck with it and am really enjoying how everything's slowly revealing itself. Let's face it -- when the source material is a comic book, how complex can it be?

I had the same experience with The Watchmen movie. Never read the graphic novel, didn't know the characters, but it remains the single best super-hero film I've ever seen.

Reactions: Tryblot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad