Online Series: WandaVision - Spring 2021 on Disney+

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This may be a dumb question, but I assume Wanda has only been referred to by her own name in the MCU to date, and not the Scarlett Witch.

I assume that name and identity will come into play later this season, but, the odd looks when they were discussing it made me wonder if we're supposed to recall Wanda using an alternate name at some point prior.

Indeed she has not been given that name yet. I would not be surprised if that changed after this series.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So she was able to revive Vision because she made this alternate reality?

Confusing, but last 2 episodes have been amazing.

Thank God you posted this - I thought I was the only one :laugh:

Though I totally forgot he was in DOFP. & maybe some can explain how he can be a kid from Sokovia/Wandas brother yet also be cast as Magnetos son/be a random teen in the USA?

I guess the one we are getting here is the Magnetos son version ? :huh:

People have to realize just how powerful she is in the comics and even in the MCU. Like I think it was Darcy that said, she could have possibly have beaten Thanos by herself.

She not' only revived Vision, like she did in the comics, she also has created her two sons. She has the ability to alter matter and an atomic level basically.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Yea, off topic but cant believe they are bringing in Garfield :facepalm:
Well if they are doing some sort of Spider-Verse it does make sense to have him show up. Does not mean he will have a huge role. I guess we shall see how much of these rumors or true in due time.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Do you mean Ian Grufford? from F4? If so, he is doing a good job at playing down those reports. He has been in the news because there was speculation that he maybe the new Doctor Who

No, I am pretty sure he means Andrew Garfield who played the webcrawler for the two Amazing Spider-Man movies.

Reactions: Voight

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Multiverse

It allows for different versions and different timelines.

Same way Maguire and Garfield are both rumored to be in the next Spiderman movie
Yeah, except Wanda should have no idea who he is because he looks nothing like her OG brother. I have a feeling this is just a nod to the fans and he'll wind up being Mephisto.

Reactions: Supermassive

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Yeah, except Wanda should have no idea who he is because he looks nothing like her OG brother. I have a feeling this is just a nod to the fans and he'll wind up being Mephisto.

But she “re-cast” him, so wouldn’t she have to know who he was? It’s for her show.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
People have to realize just how powerful she is in the comics and even in the MCU. Like I think it was Darcy that said, she could have possibly have beaten Thanos by herself.

She not' only revived Vision, like she did in the comics, she also has created her two sons. She has the ability to alter matter and an atomic level basically.

I think they are leveling up the characters so when they bring in Franklin Richards and he litreally recreates the universe after secret wars it’s not such a jump.

like Wanda can manipulate matter while Franklin can create matter from nothing.

Also when pietro was shown from the back I for sure thought it was magneto

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Can someone clarify when this is taking place?

We see the Blip that brings back Monica. This is when Bruce Banner snaps and reverses the Thanos snap, correct? Monica, in very short order (I think they say a couple weeks in the show, I forget) goes to Westview to investigate the ongoing mystery.

Is this before or after the giant battle where Thanos is defeated? If its after, it cant be that much after, can it? The world seems to be in fairly good shape considering the cosmic battle that happens in Endgame. Are we sure its not pre-battle? How much time is there between the Blip and Stark snap?

Edit - nevermind, Darcy talks about how she could have beaten Thanos on her own

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is happening after End Game, so after the Thanos fight. But also before Spider-Man Far From Home.

So ya it isn't all that long after the end game fighting. A couple weeks probably makes sense.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This is indeed happening after Endgame as don't forget, Wanda was turned to dust herself.

The time between Hulk and Stark snapping, at least it looks to me, is a matter or hours at most but likely less.

Reactions: Warden of the North

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
This is indeed happening after Endgame as don't forget, Wanda was turned to dust herself.

The time between Hulk and Stark snapping, at least it looks to me, is a matter or hours at most but likely less.

What I was trying to determine was if it was between the Hulk and Stark snaps, which would have had Wanda back.

But it's not, as I now see.

No matter, on we go!

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
For the timeline after the blip; on episode 4 when Monica goes to SWORD Hayward says it’s been 3 weeks and she is the first report.

Fool of Chat

Feb 1, 2021
It's possible Ultron has always been around, we just didn't know. I saw an image in some of the promo stuff when they were teasing about a Luke Skywalker type cameo & the new trailers before episode five, I'm still not sure if I'm clutching at straws. However , in the midseason trailer, in the panning shot of the colour being added to the black & white sets there is a little flare between Wanda & a table lamp that doesn't seem to fit & as it fades it resembles a face, it glows over a painting that is hidden behind the lamp, the abstract painting kinda looks like half of Ultron's face, as if he's hiding in the background, behind the light. So I went back to rewatch the end of AOU. We never really see him being destroyed, Vision & Ultron stand about in some woods chatting about the pitfalls of humankind then Ultron seems to lunge at Vision , the camera cuts away to a distanced shot & there's a yellow mindstone flash in the woods but we never see Vision destroy Ultron. I don't think Vision would or could destroy something he believed he could save or help , so maybe the flash of light was the mindstone absorbing Ultron's consciousness & keeping him imprisoned. Vision's mind hasn't always been his own, made up from Jarvis, Ultron & the mindstone, then in the comics it was a housing for the brainwaves of comatosed Wonderman, Simon Williams (played by Nathan Fillion, an actor some might be excited to work with as Paul Bettany is with the upcoming addition), brother of Eric Williams aka Grim Reaper, who's hinted at in one of the opening credits. If Ultron is there already & SWORD have been having a hoke around in his head they could have discovered Ultron, which could explain the untrustworthy attitude of Hayworth. For the Fantastic Four fans looking for seeds of the Marvel's first family, it's maybe a stretch but keep in mind, the Vision's original body in the comics was the android body of the original Human Torch. Lots are saying that Monica's reference to knowing an aerospace engineer is Reed Richards, a lot of others have mentioned that the Spanish subtitles give this person is accredited female pronouns & then people thought Sue. There's another school saying it's her Skrull friend from the Captain Marvel film, I was thinking this was more likely but then looking at that scene when she says this I noticed the design on the coffee cups, there's four colours that you wouldn't normally put together in a design, Blue (Reed), white (Sue), orange (Ben) & red (Johnny) ....or is it a blue, white, orange & red herring?Show less

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Something I was thinking.....Wanda didn't recognize whatshisname when he rang the bell. So now way can it be a 'recast', it's him from another multiverse or she would have recognized him. Whether she acknowledges this in the next episode or pretends it's really him is another story.

But I'm pretty sure we're officially in the multiverse now.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Something I was thinking.....Wanda didn't recognize whatshisname when he rang the bell. So now way can it be a 'recast', it's him from another multiverse or she would have recognized him. Whether she acknowledges this in the next episode or pretends it's really him is another story.

But I'm pretty sure we're officially in the multiverse now.

The pronounced accent made it really clear we were not dealing with the same Pietro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad