W Timo Meier (2015, 9th, SJS)

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
11 goals and 5 assists in 9 games this month

17 goals in last 15 games, point streak extended to 27 games.
I know he's riding a hot streak and is partnered with Ehlers but seriously, if this guy goes outside of top 15, he'll be a steal.

Ehlers 2015: 13G 21A 34P
Meier 2015: 18G 14A 32P

Last edited:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
17 goals in last 15 games, point streak extended to 27 games.
I know he's riding a hot streak and is partnered with Ehlers but seriously, if this guy goes outside of top 15, he'll be a steal.

Ehlers 2015: 13G 21A 34P
Meier 2015: 18G 14A 32P

Meh. I think GMs can see that he's leeching off of Ehlers. Wouldn't be surprised to see him slip down to the late 1st or early 2nd.

Please. Please think that he's leeching off of Ehlers. I really want him.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Meh. I think GMs can see that he's leeching off of Ehlers. Wouldn't be surprised to see him slip down to the late 1st or early 2nd.

Please. Please think that he's leeching off of Ehlers. I really want him.

:D
Thought you were serious at first
first.

Watching him play feels a lot better than last year. His skating is not that big of an issue anymore. Not brillant, but ok.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I hope Meier slips to the late 1st. I'd like to see if Chevy can pick him up with whichever of StLs or NYI's 1sts he gets.

At this point, I'm not sure he'll even fall to our first draft pick. There are like 3 players in the entire CHL who are in their draft year and also have a higher P/G than Meier.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Hey guys here's a thing I did on Timo

Here's a look at 2015 draft prospect Timo Meier

There's not much not to like about this 6'1/209Ibs Swiss forward currently playing for Halifax. He has a real shot at being a very good power forward in the NHL. After a very solid performance at the WJHC(totaling 2 goals and 4 assists) his game has taken off(along with his ranking). At the beginning of the year he was thought of as a later round prospect, but not anymore. he is currently ranked, #12th for NA skaters by Central Scouting, #15 by Hockeyprospuct.com, #13th by ISS Hockey, #30th by Future Considerations, and #24th by McKeen's Hockey. I can see him going top-20 in the draft. When i watched him at the WJHC, I had no idea who this kid was. He was extremly Immpresive. Got another chance to watch him play in the QMJHL, and he didn't disappoint. here's a little bit about him: He's very strong on his skates, he has very good quick hands, very good shot(40 goal scorer in the Q), he's a decent skater, and personally, I think, his best attribute is his psyichal game. He's very psyichal. Some things he needs to work on: Defensive play and he makes bad passes sometimes

player comparison:Jamie Benn

What They're saying about him

Here's what Eliteprospects says about him: A physically dominant winger with the ability to play in a skill or character role. In the offensive end, Meier is very aware and gets himself into spaces where he can easily make seeing eye passes or snap hard, accurate shots. Can impact the game in a number of different ways, and is very consistent in his efforts. All-in-all, the kind of versatile player that you can put on a skill line, and trust to create dangerous chances, or on a shutdown line, and trust to help stop pucks from going into your net. (Curtis Joe, EP 2014)

Here's what HF says about him :With an early October birthday, Swiss-born winger Timo Meier will be one of the oldest first-year eligible prospects in this year’s draft, and that much is noticeable when he’s on the ice. At 6’1″ and 209 pounds, he possesses good size, which allows him to get to scoring areas with greater ease than most, and his ability to both shoot and pass the puck can be a challenge for goaltenders.

This season, beside Nikolaj Ehlers (WPG), Meier has been the Mooseheads’ most dangerous forward, scoring 60 points in just 40 games. He improved his NHL Draft standing with a solid World Junior performance, in which he recorded six points in six games, and was also impressive at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game last week playing on a line with Connor McDavid.

Here's a scouting report on him Scouting Report from MyNHLdraft.com: A winger with a great wrist and slapshot who loves to use it. His quick release makes it hard for goaltenders to track the shot. Uses all of his shot arsenal. Good first steps and speed but could be more agile. Has a good offensive mind and is always looking to put himself in a good shooting spot. Good play away from the puck in the offensive zone, though not in his own zone. Tends to make blind passes and turns the puck over too many times. Improved his physical play and is willing to use his body but still needs to use his size better in corner battles and while protecting the puck. Rather shoots than passes. Shows hockey sense and is making himself always available for a pass. His point production exploded this season and he elevated his game to a new level but this should be enjoyed with caution as he is on the teams most dominant offensive line together with 9th overall pick Nikolaj Ehlers.

NHL Potential: Sniper/Power forward

Stats: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=95921

Highlights

Highlights from WJHC

Highlights from the QMJHL

Him stepping up for Ehlers

four-goal night

Let me know what you guys think:)

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
If he's still available late in the first I would love to see Anaheim draft him. He fits their "mold" to a T.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
If he's still available late in the first I would love to see Anaheim draft him. He fits their "mold" to a T.

He fits almost any team's mold to a T, and I honestly doubt the Ducks will have the chance to pick him unless they move up.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I want to see him and Ehlers continue together,.. The chemistry is insane, plus they are ABBA euro besties

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
how the hell will this guy bust? hes big and strong enough, easily. has great hands. hes fast enough. hes a powerful skater. has a good shot. hes smart ... gets open, reads plays and how he works with ehlers, thinking a step or two ahead. can finish.

character guy that sticks up for teammates. also plays physical and hits like a bus...somehow looks like hes 230+ out there. id take my chances on him anyday of the week. safe pick in my mind. period.

know its highly unlikely but would absolutely love it if flyers somehow pulled off him and rantanen.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
See now how is a player like Crouse rated higher than him? It seems like they have very similar attributes, but Meier skates like the wind and seemingly scores every game. I know that doesn't make a difference because they are in two seperate leagues, but it's still confusing to me.
Does anyone think it has to do with him being from Switzerland/not Canada?

Edit: just saw he plays with ehlers. That seems to be where a lot of his goals come from.

Last edited:

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
See now how is a player like Crouse rated higher than him? It seems like they have very similar attributes, but Meier skates like the wind and seemingly scores every game. I know that doesn't make a difference because they are in two seperate leagues, but it's still confusing to me.

if scouts worry if crouses lack of production points wise is an issue...they dont have to worry about that with meire.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

Edit: just saw he plays with ehlers. That seems to be where a lot of his goals come from.

Meier has an insane amount of goals of Ehlers assists..

Meier is still a very good prospect and id love him on the Canucks.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010

It does inflate his numbers somewhat, and there's no question Meier benefits a lot from playing with Ehlers. But at the same time, you can also say that Ehlers benefits a lot from playing with Meier. Their skill sets are very complimentary.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009

I like the guy as well and think everyone picking 10+ should be happy to draft him, because I think he's a pretty safe pick.

But skates like the wind?! Hell no, he's an average skater at best.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

and the year before ehlers played with drouin.... tired of this arguement...

Also this is a good thing that he works well with Ehlers..... the dude works well with nhl skilled forwards! oh my thats crazy!!! lets not draft him....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad