W Timo Meier (2015, 9th, SJS)

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
Bittersweet.

I went into the prospects game hoping to see Meier have a good game because I wanted to draft him.

But he did so well...I doubt he's still available now, lol

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
I always saw 2nd round potential in this guy but not this. He was arguably the 2nd best forward after Konecny last night, and after such a solid WJC combined with his season play I can see him going as high as top 15 now.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
C'mon Jets let's keep the Ehlers-Meier connection alive. ;)

I liked his play in the WJHC, and think he looked good last night (and not just a product of McDavid). Depending on who's on the board, I'd have no issue with the Jets selecting Meier.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
His progression this season has been a real treat to watch. I've been a big fan of him for a while, but coming into this season I thought he was a 2nd round pick, maybe. Now I wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes top-15.

It's almost as if he was watching Ehlers with the puck and realized 'Hey, I can do that too'.
Not saying he's a good offensively as Ehlers, but he has come a long way in a short amount of time.

P0LiUM

Apr 16, 2012
Halifax
His progression this season has been a real treat to watch. I've been a big fan of him for a while, but coming into this season I thought he was a 2nd round pick, maybe. Now I wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes top-15.

It's almost as if he was watching Ehlers with the puck and realized 'Hey, I can do that too'.
Not saying he's a good offensively as Ehlers, but he has come a long way in a short amount of time.

He doesn't have Ehler's hands, but you're absolutely on point with your comment. He's playing with a lot of confidence, and attempting plays he wouldn't have last season. He always had a big frame, but it seems as though he's learned how to use it now to shield the puck, forecheck harder, and bump other players off the puck.

His progression in the last year is fantastic.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
I don't know if I'd want NJ to pick him with our 1st pick (probably b/w 5-10), but I'd love to see them pick up another 1st in the ~20 range and pick him if he's still available. Reminds me of Jamie Benn a ton.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
I liked his play in the WJHC, and think he looked good last night (and not just a product of McDavid). Depending on who's on the board, I'd have no issue with the Jets selecting Meier.

Don't worry, it's easy to get the two confused :)

thething

Jul 28, 2014
He's probably raised his game immensely throughout the season but the few times I watched him late October/early November I came away unimpressed with his game.

Seemed sluggish in the those games and his moves/dekes already looked slow against junior level defenders.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
He was never the fastest, but it's hard to get him off the puck. Think his vision is pretty good too, kind of an allrounder prospect, not very flashy..
Like a poor mans Getzlaf/Thornton if you want to compare him.

Brandel*

He's probably raised his game immensely throughout the season but the few times I watched him late October/early November I came away unimpressed with his game.

Seemed sluggish in the those games and his moves/dekes already looked slow against junior level defenders.

Last year this time to this year this time is a massive difference, even Oct. to now he has improved a huge amount. i thought he was a 4+ rounder last year. Now he's a top 30 talent.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Last year this time to this year this time is a massive difference, even Oct. to now he has improved a huge amount. i thought he was a 4+ rounder last year. Now he's a top 30 talent.

I'd say top 50, maybe even a bit higher than someone like a Martin Frk relative to his peers (though totally different players). Good overall package, and improving, but I just can't shuck the impression that I'd be a bit of a homer calling him a 1st rounder, considering some of the other guys out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad