W Timo Meier (2015, 9th, SJS)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Not being rude but i'm not sure what that is supposed to mean.
My assumption is you're saying that Goldobin didn't have much chance of making the team prior to Meier contracting mono, but now does. Is that correct?

Goldobin hasn't had a great camp so far but with Meier out, he's getting a lot more time and opportunity to prove himself and grab the only top 9 spot we have open.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
8 goals in his last 9 AHL games, 8 points in his last 4 games. I'm not really sure what this kid has to do to get a call-up. He's been dominant after he shook off the mono rust.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
8 goals in his last 9 AHL games, 8 points in his last 4 games. I'm not really sure what this kid has to do to get a call-up. He's been dominant after he shook off the mono rust.

Ask and ye shall receive (probably):

Edit: Looks like he might have jumped the gun

Last edited:

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Pumped. Wonder where he'll slot in, but I really hope if Cooch is out he gets some time on the PP over Boedker.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
6 points through 30 games..has he been bad or just not getting a lot of ice time/playing with plugs?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
He's been good. He's one of the most dominant possession players in the NHL, but he's learning to adapt his game and qualities that worked in juniors. He's getting around third line ice time on average but he's been playing on the 4th line recently.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Having never seen him play, this is still a bit of a stretch....

What do you mean?

With a minimum of 300 minutes played, he is: 8th among forwards in CF%, 15th among forwards in Relative CF%, 4th in SF%, 9th in Relative SF% etc.

He leads all Sharks in CF%, Relative CF%, FF%, Relative FF%, SF%, Relative SF%, CF60, CA60, FF60, FA60, SF60, SA60 etc.

He's 5th on the team in CF QoC, so it's not like he is being babied out here.

The only player on the team that has posted better possession numbers away from him rather than with him is Joe Thornton, and it is close.

Perhaps "proxy possession" was a more accurate term, but when he's on the ice the Sharks barely give up any shot attempts while having plenty of their own.

Last edited:

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Scored his 19th and 20th (GWG) last night.

(1:50) and (3:24)

He was playing the 1st line with Pavelski until Kane got to SJ.

He's now back on the 3rd line and 2nd PP.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Scored his 19th and 20th (GWG) last night.

(1:50) and (3:24)

He was playing the 1st line with Pavelski until Kane got to SJ.

He's now back on the 3rd line and 2nd PP.

I saw a post on the mainboard from a Sharks fan that Meier has been one of the best players for San Jose this year. How true is that?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
His strength on the puck is really impressive and he's always been able to shoot. He sets a solid screen in front of the net. Very solid. After the first two months, he's been really consistent, 4 goals in December, 5 in January and 5 in February, so never had a hot or cold steak in 3 months.

4 goals already this month, maybe this is his hot streak.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Underrated player at this point; easy to focus on who went after him and you can play that game all night long but the Sharks have to be pretty happy with his development. Guys like him and Tierney and Donskoi do a lot of good things beyond their modest point totals, although I suspect in Meier's case, "actual" 30 goal season could start showing up as early as next year.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Oh wow 20 goals already and could get to 40 points. Had no idea he was doing this well. Good for him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad