W Timo Meier (2015, 9th, SJS)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Timo has started this season with 9 pts (4+5) in 5 games.

I was there last night and was impressed with his hands, vision and tenacity.

On his goal in particular.. he gained the zone, maintained puck possession and moved from left to right. He dissected the box twice and gave two tap-ins that were whiffed on. Moments later he pounced on a mid-air rebound and knocked it home.

Him and Gadoury were clearly the best players on the ice last night. Looking forward to seeing his progress this season now that he's getting the bulk of offensive ice-time.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Would be a high 2nd round pick in most drafts

Agree - but i can also see him dropping to round 3-4 because of the depth in this draft year. He has definitely improved over last year, i will be watching to see if he can be a great finisher for the whole season.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Might hop up to the 4th round

Isn't undersized, skates well, has demonstrated a solid two dimensional game and will probably significant improve his offensive output to a level of a good standard for draft eligible players. Few flaws and projectable, if not really elite ... these types of players get drafted before pick 90.

Dgill

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
www.metroho.com
I think Meier will be a 2nd-3rd round player, could potentially squeeze into the late first round if he continues to play the way he currently is at both ends of the ice. He has carried the team in Ehlers absence.

He should be a riser this draft.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Four goals tonight. Yes, it's not a coincidence that Ehlers has five assists, but Meier is for real. Already surpassed his point totals from last year.

Might not become a full time top-6 forward in the NHL, but he's going to be a valuable guy.

spikelechien

Jan 8, 2007
Braeshore
Timo Meier, OK, I was a bit surprised when Central Scouting raised him to an “A†or 1st round prospect. I had thought of Timo as a 2nd round, North-South type of guy , very good but nothing too exciting. So I took a second more in-depth look at Timo. I was surprised again; yes, he is that very good big man (6’0, 209) North-South type who punishes you along the boards. However, he also has vision, is creative, has a great shot, goes to the net and is a primary not just a complimentary player (means he creates the plays and not just finishes them). Tonight, Timo Meier showed he is a first round talent (two assists and the shootout winner) as he was the best player by far on the ice for both sides (Nikolaj Ehlers was not in the lineup tonight). Tonight he played the game that the scouts want the other big guys (Zacha, Svechnikov, Crouse, Greeneway, Bittner, Rantanen, Roy) to play – hard to the net, hard on the boards, hard on the puck, hard shot, creative, primary, leader. Timo Meier has the potential to pass all the big guys if continues to play like he played tonight; I currently have him 31 (my December rankings are in the hands of the editor) but he will go to 1st round if he continues to play anywhere like he did tonight.

Also, a shoutout to Cavan Fitzgerald (6’0, 196) in his first game back after injury for the Mooseheads. A late birthday undrafted from last year, Cavan has the potential to not only get drafted this year but also to go in the 2nd to 4th rounds if he continues to play anywhere close to the game he played tonight.

Another shoutout to the band the Mooseheads had playing tonight. Dressed in Mooseheads uniforms, playing all types of instruments (keyboards, guitar, sax violin), all types of music, they literally rocked the place. Anybody who knows who they are, please let me know as I would like to give out a few of their CD’s as Christmas presents.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This isn't surprising to me at all. When both Meier and Ehlers were drafted and played their first few games for the Mooseheads, I thought that Meier actually looked the better of the two.

Now, Ehlers went on to just sky rocket up draft boards and showed such a steep progression that I wouldn't say that anymore. However, you could see the talent Meier had and he's starting to show it.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
He's come leaps and bounds since last year, he really has developed into a great player, hard on the puck and tough to play against everywhere. Finishing more and more this year and showing a playmaking knack. Great stuff!

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
This isn't surprising to me at all. When both Meier and Ehlers were drafted and played their first few games for the Mooseheads, I thought that Meier actually looked the better of the two.

Now, Ehlers went on to just sky rocket up draft boards and showed such a steep progression that I wouldn't say that anymore. However, you could see the talent Meier had and he's starting to show it.

Last year, consistency was Meier's biggest problem. Some nights he looked like a star, other nights he was invisible. You could tell the adjustment to the new league/country wasn't easy for him.

This season though, he is really living up to his potential. Sometimes I forget that he's only 6 feet tall because he really doesn't look it when he is fighting for the puck or parked in front of the net.

I saw that Craig Button had him jump 45 spots from his last ranking, so it seems that some people are finally starting to take notice.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Where do people see Meier going in the draft?

What are his strengths and weaknesses?

Big fan of Meier, would definitely take him in the 1st round (around mid-first).

He's a do it all player who project as the perfect complimentary top 6 forward.

He's very strong, plays a puck possession game, physical and hits hard. Also has good overall skating, solid skills with high IQ and vision.

Fits really well with Ehlers in Halifax, was very good with Fiala at the WJC. I see him having the upside to do the same at the NHL level, a great player to help skilled top 6'er.

Really useful player with high upside.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Big fan of Meier, would definitely take him in the 1st round (around mid-first).

He's very strong, plays a puck possession game, physical and hits hard. Also has good overall skating, solid skills with high IQ and vision.

Fits really well with Ehlers in Halifax, was very good with Fiala at the WJC. I see him having the upside to do the same at the NHL level, a great player to help skilled top 6'er.

That's essentially how I've felt about him too. He's extremely underrated. I see him ranked in the 2nd round often so I hope he falls to my Oilers for their pick in the 2nd.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013

That's essentially how I've felt about him too. He's extremely underrated. I see him ranked in the 2nd round often so I hope he falls to my Oilers for their pick in the 2nd.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
The Pens could use him, but with their first traded to the Oilers he most probably wont be available anymore when they pick...

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Pretty much how i see him as well.

He has the potential to be what every team wants to add as a complementary "top-6 winger" with a physical edge. See him as a sort of Chris Kunitz type who just seems to have a knack for playing with real skilled guys in a productive way as a "facilitator". As a later 1st round pick that's pretty solid. I'd easily take him over a guy like Bittner for example, who has received a ton of hype at times.

Heck, he'd probably be a real solid mid-1st round pick for a team like Winnipeg or Nashville who own the rights to Ehlers and Fiala respectively. Among others.

Brandel*

Meier to Ehlers, Meier assisted on the first goal as well, centred it on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad