W.Nylander for C.Mitts?

Would you trade Casey Mittelstadt for William Nylander?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Toronto would definitely need to take cap back, but I'm not sure they can really afford to take back term on a cap dump (and really, it's hard to see Bogosian as anything more than that right now).

I completely agree, but if I’m Botts, I’m not doing the Leafs any favors.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I'd do one of the extra firsts (not the Sabres own), plus JT's buddy Okposo (50% retained), Larsson, Hunwick, Bailey, and their choice of McCabe/Beaulieu, for W. Nylander, and I'd consider including some way of sending TOR Skinner for the playoffs in a handshake deal for a future trade of low-value pick(s) in order not to include the Sabres other late-round first or a future 1st Rd.

OTOH, Nylander's going to cave at some point. It's a few million over the term of the contract, which he'll spite himself for if he sits out the full year by not signing by 12/1/18.

What is Gardiner going to ask & receive? Is he someone the Sabres should try to pursue in FA as a post-Scandella left D?

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I feel like Toronto taking on Bogo's contract would be the Leafs doing the Sabres a favor, not the other way around.

That’s what I said. If the Leafs want to get rid of an expensive hold out and get an excellent blue chipper in return, they better be prepared to take some dead weight too.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I would def consider it. the thing that would trouble me most would be the question of if mittelstadt can overtake nylander. nylander is a heck of a player. a bullet out there. does Casey become at least that? no idea. Really tough question

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
We have so many bad veteran contracts who can't be moved that we can't afford Nylander.
If they would be both on ELCs and we would be competing now then yes.
We couldn't even afford to sign or second best forward to a long term contract.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
How is no side winning this I don't get it? You would fleece your rival team in a trade...

So correct me if I’m wrong ... you thinking now and forever more until the day they retire… W. Nylander will always be better than C. Mittlestadt.
Therefore if they swapped teams the Sabres would be “fleecing” the Leafs.

Or are you talking only strictly about this small moment in time as if nothing else along the timeline of their careers will change?

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
So correct me if I’m wrong ... you thinking now and forever more until the day they retire… W. Nylander will always be better than C. Mittlestadt.
Therefore if they swapped teams the Sabres would be “fleecing” the Leafs.

Or are you talking only strictly about this small moment in time as if nothing else along the timeline of their careers will change?
Yes, now and until the day they retire. I just don't see how Mittelstadt could ever be better than Nylander. It's not impossible that Larsson at somepoint could be better than Hall but it doesn't make the trade any better for Oilers as is. Right now Nylander easily and I'm betting on Nylander in the future too. You can quote me on this one.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Would probably have to be Risto going the other way. We're just not good trading partners for a multitude of reasons.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I didn't answer because this question is for Buffalo fans.

But, if your idea is simply to unite the Nylander's then I think it's a bad idea.

I've never believed there is anything to gain by putting brothers together on the same team. There is downside to it though if one is, moved somehow (trade/demotion/waived/etc) the other may get pouty face.

Reactions: Rasmi

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I didn't answer because this question is for Buffalo fans.

But, if your idea is simply to unite the Nylander's then I think it's a bad idea.

I've never believed there is anything to gain by putting brothers together on the same team. There is downside to it though if one is, moved somehow (trade/demotion/waived/etc) the other may get pouty face.

I've never bought into the idea of uniting brothers BECAUSE they are brothers. It's amateur/beer hockey/fandom thinking IMO. In this case, if they were to bring in W. Nylander because he's a talented player who so happens to be a brother of someone, then that's fine. If you're bringing in a guy, you best be doing it to improve in an area on the ice.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I've never bought into the idea of uniting brothers BECAUSE they are brothers. It's amateur/beer hockey/fandom thinking IMO. In this case, if they were to bring in W. Nylander because he's a talented player who so happens to be a brother of someone, then that's fine. If you're bringing in a guy, you best be doing it to improve in an area on the ice.

I agree. I also personally extend that thought out to those who are WNY area born. How many times have we seen in this board.... “I want to go after so and so. He good, plus he was born in the Buffalo area so let’s go get em!”
I couldn’t care less what geographical location his mommy pushed him out. It’s just a dumb reason.
:dunno:

Reactions: sabres4ever

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I'm keeping Mittelstadt realizing that it's 5 games into the season, we have an offensive minded coach; yet the offensive systems still aren't a strength of the team. He's playing with different team mates each and every night.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Still blows my mind that anyone would even entertain the idea of trading Mitts for Willy freaking Nylander. Utter madness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad