W.Nylander for C.Mitts?

Would you trade Casey Mittelstadt for William Nylander?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think it would’ve been more fun to watch where the Sabres end up instead.

But this assumes that the players would’ve developed the and would’ve had similar impact on the ice. I don’t think that is the case.

I think the bigger variables are where would the Oilers picks really ended up and who do the Sabres really end up picking.

They aren't hitting 1.000 on all of those hindsight BPA picks.

There would have lesser NHL players picked and some busts.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Not that this is any shock around here, but I gather much of the undervaluing Casey is knee-jerking due to his slower start. As are most of the more extreme opinions about the team being kicked up around here already this season. Or hell, even the extreme opinions kicked up after wins. :laugh:

Not to say that Mitts is necessarily more valuable than Nylander, that isn't the case now and is certainly no guarantee to be the case in the future... but from a talent evaluation perspective, something folks around here might just consider themselves experts in, it's enlightening how quickly some posters here would pull the trigger on him already. Or think Casey just has zero chance of "getting there". Enlightening, but again... not shocking.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The Sabres lack the picks to sign players to certain OSs right now.

The major barrier is that the Sabres no longer own their own 2019 2nd round pick.

You have to own your specific picks in the next draft to sign a player to an OS.

It's not like we have the cap space for that anyway. If we wanted to do an offer sheet, we'd have to re-acquire our 2nd from Carolina and dump salary somewhere first.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
The point I was making above was that Leafs would be looking at having to face an arbitrator next year and not be able to force Nylander to sit out or take a low ball offer. Offer sheeting a salary for one year that only cost a re acquired third would do this.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Just because he is on your team that doesn’t mean his value is higher.

Do you take a top line winger over a C2?

Let’s be reasonable if mitts is any teams 1C they are in trouble. At the end of the day it’s personaly preference, and team need.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It's not like we have the cap space for that anyway. If we wanted to do an offer sheet, we'd have to re-acquire our 2nd from Carolina and dump salary somewhere first.

I absolutely agree.

Giving Nylander an OS is a no go and not just because GMs don't like to hand out OSs.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Center is a bigger need for now.
Casey is cheaper.
I rather resign Skinner than adding Nylander or if you want a star winger I rather go for Panarin in the offseason if he is willing.
We have Olofsson and or own Nylander grooming so I rather stick with that.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I wouldn’t consider it just because of the amount of money each is likely to make in the next four years. Casey costs nothing for this or next year and then probably gets a sensible bridge. Nylander is going to make way more than the difference in player over that time period. A time period I expect to be pretty damn important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->