W.Nylander for C.Mitts?

Would you trade Casey Mittelstadt for William Nylander?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Hard No. Nylander is a solid player but he hasn’t produced by himself yet. Mitts is unproven but has a similar or higher ceiling.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Wow. I think I would do it, It would give us a 2C right now with 70 point potential. We will be lucky if Mittlestadt turns into Nylander, small chance of Mittlestadt being better but is that small chance of Mittlestadt being better the reason to hold off from a guaranteed 2C now? If it is than that might be the reason to turn this down.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Nope. Nada. Zilch. Negative.

I like Mitts. I think he’ll fit our team better going forward than greedy money hungry Willy.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Nope. We need at 2c and Mitts is the only one on our team with that kind of potential. Nylander is a winger and even if Toronto traded him it would be for defence not another Center.

Now Risto for Nylander (like others have mentioned) is something I could get on board with.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
Nope, i doubt Buffalo is at a stage to deal with that head-ache. If i were Toronto however i would just trade him away, if the kid doesn't want to play there unless he's paid like he's Sidney F'n Crosby, just trade him, i'm sure there's some stupid team that will agree to those terms.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Assuming they were allowed to talk to him first I’d probably recommend it.

The only part that makes me pause is the way it completely bails Toronto out of their cap trouble.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Yep. Though what would happen is that Mittelstadt would go to Toronto and shine because they know what they are doing with their players/development. Meanwhile Nylander wouldn’t look as good as he did in Toronto.

I do think Nylander is the better player and IS proven. At time he looked on the level between Matthews and Marner and many nights he was their best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad