AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
But we have this guy already

DruliaDonatelli.jpg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Like I said in the salary cap thread, that's a big deal to be getting Vellucci as WBS's head coach. Vellucci is a legitimate option to becoming the Penguins coach, he's not a crappy retread or something like that. The argument of "who are you going to replace Sullivan with?" doesn't apply anymore, because Vellucci is a legitimate replacement for him.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Like I said in the salary cap thread, that's a big deal to be getting Vellucci as WBS's head coach. Vellucci is a legitimate option to becoming the Penguins coach, he's not a crappy retread or something like that. The argument of "who are you going to replace Sullivan with?" doesn't apply anymore, because Vellucci is a legitimate replacement for him.
He’s also Carolina’s AGM isn’t he? Maybe he’s looking for a full-time FO job.

But yeah I’d take him in WB/S. Absolutely need someone that can develop hockey players but can also be a mid-season option for the NHL team.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
But we have this guy already

DruliaDonatelli.jpg

I feel like Coach Donatelli needs "Local Man" in front of his name.

Local Man Clark Donatelli Arrested for Mispronouncing Arkansas.

That was my immediate thought as well.

Also he looks like an Irish farmer.

He looks like a racist British caricature of an Irish farmer. :laugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Also I can’t find any overlap in Vellucci and Rutherford’s careers. Were they ever in the same organization?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Also I can’t find any overlap in Vellucci and Rutherford’s careers. Were they ever in the same organization?

I too cannot find anything that suggests they were together in Carolina or Hartford :huh:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I feel like Coach Donatelli needs "Local Man" in front of his name.

Local Man Clark Donatelli Arrested for Mispronouncing Arkansas.

He looks like a racist British caricature of an Irish farmer. :laugh:

Hey! I checked with an actual Irish person who said "Oh my god yes, he just needs a flat cap". He is the real deal.

Now, if you photoshopped in a pig under his arm...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
You don’t see lateral career moves like that a lot.
Yeah.. it’s kind of even a demotion considering his secondary FO role with Carolina. I guess he wants to focus on coaching and in a spot that’s basically a pipeline to an NHL job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad