AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
The D group will need to be almost completely overhauled so I’m not even going to hazard a guess on that one but when I should be working I like to come up with forward depth charts for next season:

Miletic - Lafferty - Haggerty*
Bellerive - Poturalski - Bjorkqvist
Wilkins - Blandisi* - Angello
Almeida - Lucchini - Hawkins
Lacroix, Berger, Olund, Drozg

Obviously this assumes Johnson in the NHL and Hallander back in Sweden, and Bjork & Wilkins sign. * denotes player classifies as AHL veteran. We’re lacking C depth so I plugged Poturalski in there.. he’s a UFA but still pretty young and still a borderline prospect that never got a shot with Carolina.

Wouldn’t worry about Drozg being so far down the depth chart.. the chance of the 16 wingers ahead of him being healthy at the same time is slim.

Even without my liberties with UFA signings it be a pretty good forward group that can put up some goals, and be interesting to follow with all the prospects. Hope Guerin doesn’t F it up.
The chance that they end up ahead of of him by the time the season ends is also slim, as in, i just don't see it, at all. Looking forward to see how that shit unravels. Gonna watch WBS a bit more, not just for the Drozg Lord but for the whole bunch. I simply can't see a couple of them nothing getting the call by the big team next season, too much talent in a few. Hopefully they gel fast.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
For some reason they're playing Jarrett Burton, Cam Brown and Matt Abt over Addison & Bellerive.

3-in-3 weekend, they better get those two in the rest of the way.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Calen Addison gets his first AHL point on Sexton's goal. Prow gets his 50th point of the season on Lucchini's tally. Lafferty has a pair of primary assists.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone watch the game that can tell us how kids like Addison, Bellerive look?

Bellerive looks a tad slower today than I remembered from camp. Hes playing a little timid as well with avoiding contact etc which he has never done before. Later in the game he started running guys. Never saw that before

Addison is basically a less physical Letang. Faster and better skater at his current age than he was. Wonder if he can be a Josh Morrissey type one day

Drozg looks huge and can really fly. He got cracked by a Dman and popped up super quick too in time to keep the puck

D'Orio looked quick but definitely a project. 2nd youngest goalie to ever play for WBS. Youngest ever was M. Murray

Last edited:
Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Lafferty - Blueger - ZAR

Would love to see us run something like that next year.
Works for me. I think I like Lafferty at C more than Blueger though. He skates so well with the puck up the middle of the ice.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Up 5-1 against Binghamton in the last game of the year. Lafferty isn't slowing down with 1+2. Lacroix with 2 goals in his first AHL game. Not sure he's a prospect to keep an eye on but maybe he can at least be a serviceable AHLer. Addison with another assist.

Just go full youth movement at forward next year, and sign a few AHL d-men to anchor the blueline and a starting goaltender and let the kids just play.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Bellerive looks a tad slower today than I remembered from camp. Hes playing a little timid as well with avoiding contact etc which he has never done before. Later in the game he started running guys. Never saw that before

Addison is basically a less physical Letang. Faster and better skater at his current age than he was. Wonder if he can be a Josh Morrissey type one day

Drozg looks huge and can really fly. He got cracked by a Dman and popped up super quick too in time to keep the puck

D'Orio looked quick but definitely a project. 2nd youngest goalie to ever play for WBS. Youngest ever was M. Murray

I love Bellerive from what I saw... could be a steal.

What about Addison's slap shot??? Hope it's good...real good!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I love Bellerive from what I saw... could be a steal.

What about Addison's slap shot??? Hope it's good...real good!
I want to be hopeful of Addison being on the big club, but they wouldn't even give Prow a shot and the dude had a fantastic season finally, the kind of season where you stumble over yourself calling him up to see exactly what he has at the NHL level.

Reactions: John Titor

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I'll be excited to get Hallander over here. I think the Pens have a collection of guys in WBS who will be a part of one of those mini-youth movements we have had during the Cup runs. Just a few little shots to the arm.
Yeah but here's the thing, Sully looked good with young guys that played under him in WBS. I'm not sure he'd be that good with young guys he doesn't know that well. Recent call-ups tended to confirm that but hey, anything is possible if Sully is either fired or adapts his sytem to a new Pens team. Notice i said Sully has to adapt and not players because i don't think his system works anymore and PO has certainly shown players are not buying it anymore either.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah but here's the thing, Sully looked good with young guys that played under him in WBS. I'm not sure he'd be that good with young guys he doesn't know that well. Recent call-ups tended to confirm that but hey, anything is possible if Sully is either fired or adapts his sytem to a new Pens team. Notice i said Sully has to adapt and not players because i don't think his system works anymore and PO has certainly shown players are not buying it anymore either.

This is really a topic for a different thread but I can't disagree more. We've got a lot of young guys in the team who never met Sully at WBS and who are doing just fine.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Just to wrap up the season:
Charlotte Checkers won it last night in 5 games vs the Chicago Wolves.
That Gage Quinney guy played for Chicago.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Just to wrap up the season:
Charlotte Checkers won it last night in 5 games vs the Chicago Wolves.
That Gage Quinney guy played for Chicago.

Bright future for the Canes.

So what's the Baby Pens lineup going to be next year?

Johnson - Lafferty - Angello
Miletic - Pavle - Haggerty
Luchinni - Bellerive - Bjorkvist
Cramarossa - Blandisi - DiPaul
Drozg - Ohlund - Almeida

Obviously still have to re-sign Blandisi and Johnson, pretty strong forward group if guys like Lafferty, Johnson, Miletic and Angello build on what they did last year and some of the new guys step up too.

XXX - XXX
Almari - XXX
Taylor - XXX
Siebenaler - Erkamps - Birks

Defense is completely up in the air. Obviously would love to have Prow back but he should probably pick somewhere that he can at least challenge for the 7th dmen spot. Birks is signed but spent all last season in the ECHL sans 1 game, Taylor will be brought back but he's not lit the world on fire. Siebenaler and Erkamps are excellent names but neither have proven much at the AHL level. Basically need to bring a complete AHL top 4.

Larmi
XXX
D'Orio

Assume they'll move Jarry for whatever they can get and then bring in a vet to split starts with Larmi. Have D'Orio start in the ECHL but also try and get him 10 games in the AHL.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Things seem to be as you say them. Good thing is that with the attack filled with kids, they can use tons of veterans on the defence.

And when you look at all the kids, I think one or two of those guys are starting up with the big show next year.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Things seem to be as you say them. Good thing is that with the attack filled with kids, they can use tons of veterans on the defence.

And when you look at all the kids, I think one or two of those guys are starting up with the big show next year.

I imagine they'll bring in one AHL vet forward (along with re-signing Blandisi), hopefully just the one though as got to give the kids a shot at winning spots.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I imagine they'll bring in one AHL vet forward (along with re-signing Blandisi), hopefully just the one though as got to give the kids a shot at winning spots.

That'd be Cramarossa imo. Or probably some big bruiser like McGrath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad