AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

From CapFriendly. I've highlighted the three players who are still in Juniors, so keep that in mind when discussing the potential roster.
RHD Calen Addison thread is here.
C Filip Hallander thread is here.
C/LW Justin Almeida thread is here.
C Liam Gorman thread is here.
Thread for Sprong, Simon and Czuczman re-signing is here.
Mackey PG article on who did and did not receive a QO is here.
July 1st signings via pens.com
July 9th signings are here
Filip Hallander signing thread is here.
Jarry re-signing thread is here.
Blake Siebenaler trade thread is here.
Wideman for Dea thread is here.

Last edited:

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Was Lindberg playing Centre for the Wolves? or am I thinking of someone else? Interested to see which of Dea, Bleugers and Corrado are back.

Assume Pedan, Sestito, Dunn, Jooris, Leighton, Tinordi, Prow will all definitely be gone.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
TK will probably be an assistant coach in WB/S whenever he wants to be. Guessing right now he’s probably got kids at an age where he doesn’t want to be riding buses to Syracuse.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Think Lindberg is a winger?

Don't see any reason to give up on Dea/Blugers/Corrado at this juncture. And given our paucity of RHD options, I figure they might as well give Prow another year, his numbers were decent enough when he got a chance.

I thought the Wolves were trying him at centre? I guess he might get tried at both.

Dea now has over 260 pro games, so I think it might be a case of them using that slot on someone who they like more as an NHL callup and given Dea's season last year he might get paid more either in Europe or a team like Hershey/Chicago.

Corrado I'm guessing might want a fresh start, somewhere where he can higher up the depth chart.

Blugers I think will be back and hopefully he'll get a change at cracking the Pens 4th line.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
For shits and giggles here’s my WB/S lineup for next year so far. * denotes AHL veteran.

Wilson* - Dea - Haggerty
Johnson - Blueger - Angello
Lindberg - Olund - Lafferty
Miletic - Tiffels - DiPauli

XXXX - Corrado*
Summers* - XXXX
Taylor - XXXX
Birks

Jarry / XXXX

Need a bunch of d-men, a goalie, and maybe give Gardiner a two-way deal. Haggerty needs signed too but I’m assuming he will be.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Prow/Corrado is hardly an either/or though, as can be demonstrated by doing the depth chart this way.

Definitely back
C: Johnson, Angello, Lafferty, Olund, Miletic
W: Tiffels, Wilson, Lindberg
LD: Summers, Taylor, Coughsweet
RD: Birks
G: ...

RFAs not committed to Europe
C: Bluegers, Dea, Dunn (?)
W: Di Pauli
D: Corrado, Prow, Tinordi
G: Jarry

I doubt they're getting rid of capable AHL RHD in that situation barring extraordinary luck in free agency.

Also, some of those centres are playing wing but even then, we'll have some vacancies. I for one look forward to another panic when Guerin doesn't have all positions filled up by midday on the 1st.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I thought that they might not qualify Prow but there was a article a while back about how he suddenly was figuring it out and getting an opportunity, so I'd think he's going to be back. Assuming it wasn't just a puff piece.

I liked what little we saw of Corrado. No reason not to qualify him. At the very least he's a solid call up/waiver bait.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'm surprised, thought they liked him. Maybe the knee injury is worse than we thought.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Tinordi was Group 6 UFA.

Dea on the other hand was RFA who didn't receive QO. So he's now UFA.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Capfriendly now lists these guys as UFA's, so everyone else was qualified.

Tinordi
Corrado
Dea
Dunn

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I would’ve qualified Dea. The rest who cares.

Jordan Subban wasn’t qualified by Vancouver, I think he could be worth a look. He’s only 23 which is basically the same age as most college UFAs we’d be looking to sign, and he’s at least as good as a higher end NCAA FA.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What Jacob said. I think they qualified Uher for a couple of years when he was in Europe just in case, ditto that Russian goaltender. No reason not to is there? They don't take up a contract but you do get to keep their rights.

Reactions: AverageJoeFan

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
There was a quote from JR saying that Corrado was offered an AHL deal that theyre still waiting to hear back about. They were really liking his progression and thought he could potentially play in the NHL soon. His injury really threw a wrench into everything.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad