AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Interesting, guess they'll be competing for a bottom pairing/healthy scratch spot/trying to avoid Wheeling.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Just looking through the AHL d scoring to see who we could target if Prow decides to seek pastures new.

Aaron Ness
Zach Redmond
Tommy Cross
David Warsofsky

Have no offensive talented dmen prospects in WBS this year so they wouldn't be blocking anyone. Also expect to target another Vet top 4 guy and then a potential UFA Group 6 who would be a veteran but wouldn't qualify as a vet (i.e fewer than 320 or 260 professional games).

In terms of Vets already signed.

Cramarossa (347 pro games)
Haggerty (285 pro games)

I assume Blandisi will be re-signed but he's still under the 260 pro games. Palve also wouldn't qualify, as I assume his Mestis games do not count unlike his Liiga games. Both Summers and Czuczman would be over the 320 games if they came back.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Prow should have been called up. IF we lose him because this f***ing idiotic coaching staff had a hard on for turds like Trotman, this team will never learn.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Penguins re-sign Zach Trotman, Kevin Czuczman to two-year deals.

Surprised both were signed and to two-year deals, guess that does mean they'll be 50k cheaper than the minimum for 20-21. Trotman will be paid $400k in the AHL, Czuczman will make $225k but with a minimum guarantee of $300k.

Trotman squeaks under the 320 GP vet limit with 315 games, probably helped him get re-signed. Czuczman (349 GP) joins Cramarossa as a true vet.

Updated defense

Czuczman - XXX
Almari - Trotman
Abt/Birks/Erkamps/Lizotte/Siebenaler

The spot left should really be filled by Prow, we're definitely lacking offense on the backend down in WBS. Guess Riikola could also potentially be in that spot if they try and sneak him through waivers. Have all the AHL contract guys fighting it out on the bottom pairing, along with Birks (final year of his ELC). Imagine Abt is the front runner as he played 63 games for WBS last season.

Reactions: PAJEN NORDGREN

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
So we retain his rights, just he'll be playing in Brynas not WBS? If so, that makes sense to me.

He's still got 2 more years of his ELC so not sure how it works, when/if he comes back does he still have 2 years or does he just have 1? (assuming he returns for the 20-21 season).

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Probably be

Czuczman - Ruhwedel
XXXX - Trotman
Almari / Abt / Erkamps / Lizotte / Kim / Siebenthaler

That XXXX probably needs to not be a veteran by AHL standards since they already have 6 with Czuczman, Ruh, Trotman, Cramarossa, Blandisi and Haggerty. Just checking the UFA scrap heap.. maybe Renouf or Kapla.

Probably worth signing a goalie too since Larmi and d'Orio are somewhat inexperienced and kind of question marks as to how they'll adapt to the AHL. d'Orio in particular might be better served in Wheeling to start. Lots of veteran goalies available and goalies don't count towards the AHL veteran limit.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Still have no idea what they're doing with Jarry, I assumed he'd be gone by now but maybe they think he wouldn't get claimed through waivers.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Still have no idea what they're doing with Jarry, I assumed he'd be gone by now but maybe they think he wouldn't get claimed through waivers.

He probably gets traded after free agency once the teams that missed out there start looking for alternatives.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He probably gets traded after free agency once the teams that missed out there start looking for alternatives.

Any idea on potential trading partners? I think the ideal spot would be somewhere with an older workhorse starter who'd be willing to gamble on a youngish backup with upside.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Any idea on potential trading partners? I think the ideal spot would be somewhere with an older workhorse starter who'd be willing to gamble on a youngish backup with upside.

Not at this point. Think it'll become clearer after FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad