AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I would imagine that if things play out ideally, Bellerive will be one of the first call ups, right?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I would imagine that if things play out ideally, Bellerive will be one of the first call ups, right?
I think it's pretty up in the air. Palve, Johnson, Lafferty, Bjorkqvist, Miletic, Angello, Dipauli all should be ready for call ups this season. Should make for a hell of a competition.

It seems like they like to keep rookies down for at least a half of a season before a call up, so that could count against Bellerive and Bjorks in the early going.

PAJEN NORDGREN

Jul 23, 2018
Stockholm

Blandisi signed. Updated status:

Lafferty Johnson (RFA) Angello
Agozzino Palve Haggerty
Miletic Blandisi DiPauli
Bellerive Cramarossa Björkqvist
Drozg Almeida Lucchini
Berger (Ahl) Hawkins (Ahl) Scarfo (Ahl)
Krastenbergs (Ahl) Chris Brown (Ahl)

Still in juniors/college/Europe:
Gorman, Pavlychev, Hållander, Légaré, Poulin, Caulfield, Puustinen, Ölund

UFA: Hayes, Burton, Wilson, Sexton, Cam Brown, McGrath

Joseph Trotman
Czuczman Warsofsky
Almari Erkamps (Ahl)
Abt (Ahl) Kim (Ahl)
Siebenaler (Ahl) Lizotte (Ahl)

Still in juniors/college/Europe: Philips, Reilly, Palojärvi, Addison, Airola, Jones

Gone: Erixon, Spinozzi, Birks, Prow

UFA: Summers, Taylor, Wideman

Jarry
Larmi
D’ Orio

Edit: added Chris Brown

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I think that expecting a 20 year old straight out of CHL to leapfrog all the 22-23 year olds that already have had good college seasons is too much expectation; it could happen, but he's basically got to be Guentzel for that to happen.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I think that expecting a 20 year old straight out of CHL to leapfrog all the 22-23 year olds that already have had good college seasons is too much expectation; it could happen, but he's basically got to be Guentzel for that to happen.

That would be super and solve many problems at once, tbh.

It's unlikely to happen, but I'm not going to pretend that I don't wish it would. :laugh:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That would be super and solve many problems at once, tbh.

It's unlikely to happen, but I'm not going to pretend that I don't wish it would. :laugh:

Just one of those forwards unexpectedly hitting their ceiling all of a sudden would be a godsend. Get three of them to do it and you change the franchise.

That would be really quite lucky though, even with good coaching.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, those two extra years of coaching and physical maturity count - although it should be noted that Bellerive is quite possibly stronger than Guentzel is already. But very likely not fitter.

I guess its super hard to judge what Bellerive is because nobody knows for sure what he is with that fire hindering him last year. But I think even the best case scenario isn't going to blaze through AHL in a couple of months - there's no single freak factor attribute to hang his hat on.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Could use another defenseman. Big young D-man Keaton Middleton had a solid rookie season with San Jose.

Find a mutant enforcer as an extra. Lehigh Valley has signed some rugged players, so it is best to have someone who can handle the dirty business.

Team looks to be youthful and fast, which is mandatory in today’s game.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Not surprising, obviously a lot of the AHL and even two-way bounce around organisations but with Botterill and Sexton both coming from us it kind of makes sense they bring in a lot of Ex Baby Pens.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Could use another defenseman. Big young D-man Keaton Middleton had a solid rookie season with San Jose.

Find a mutant enforcer as an extra. Lehigh Valley has signed some rugged players, so it is best to have someone who can handle the dirty business.

Team looks to be youthful and fast, which is mandatory in today’s game.

They have/had one Pat McGrath. Some names out there though for enforcer role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad