AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Asked about Vellucci in the Canes forum and it sounds like we got a good one. System sounds exactly like prime Sully, has helped a lot of questionable prospects kick on, and the team keeps coming roaring back into games.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Maybe the plan is to fire an assistant if the Pens start poorly and then bring him up.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Excellent! Recently I was thinking about good candidates to be our next head coach and Vellucci was at the top of the list (along with others such as Benoit Groulx, Tim Hunter and Sheldon Keefe).

His stay in W-B/S might be short, though. By December, he could be with the big club.

I love this hire.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The assistant he brought in in Charlotte is probably the prime candidate to become their new head guy.. and since J.D. Forrest was at the development camp and seemed to have a lot to do there he’ll probably stay on as a WB/S assistant.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

The last line was cut off...I’m sure it should read...”I’ve seen the job he’s done the last couple years and he needs help”...

Reactions: 66-30-33 and Jacob

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Penguins re-sign Zach Trotman, Kevin Czuczman to two-year deals.

Surprised both were signed and to two-year deals, guess that does mean they'll be 50k cheaper than the minimum for 20-21. Trotman will be paid $400k in the AHL, Czuczman will make $225k but with a minimum guarantee of $300k.

Trotman squeaks under the 320 GP vet limit with 315 games, probably helped him get re-signed. Czuczman (349 GP) joins Cramarossa as a true vet.

Updated defense

Czuczman - XXX
Almari - Trotman
Abt/Birks/Erkamps/Lizotte/Siebenaler

The spot left should really be filled by Prow, we're definitely lacking offense on the backend down in WBS. Guess Riikola could also potentially be in that spot if they try and sneak him through waivers. Have all the AHL contract guys fighting it out on the bottom pairing, along with Birks (final year of his ELC). Imagine Abt is the front runner as he played 63 games for WBS last season.
So Birks is out, Prow signed in FLA, and Joseph and Warsofsky are in on LD. Also, Kim looked really good in camp so he might be in the mix too.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
So how's WBS looking like after July 1...

Agozzino-Palve-Haggerty
Johnson-Blandisi-Angello
Miletic-Lafferty-Bjorkqvist
Lucchini-Bellerive-Drozg
Krastenbergs-Almeida-Cramarossa
Scarfo

Warsofsky-Trotman
Czuczman-Siebenaler
Abt-Erkhamps
Almari-Lizzote
Joseph

Larmi
D'Orio

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Warsofsky can play RD too.

Bellerive - Lafferty - Haggerty*
Agozzino* - Palve - Angello
Miletic - Blandisi* - DiPauli
Cramarossa* - Lucchini - Hawkins
Lacroix, Berger, Drozg

That’s with Bjorkqvist & Almeida possibly not being ready by game 1.

Joseph - Trotman*
Czuczman* - Warsofsky*
Abt - Erkamp
Lizotte, Kim, Siebenthaler

Larmi / d’Orio

* denotes AHL veteran and you can only dress 6 per night.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
So how's WBS looking like after July 1...

Agozzino-Palve-Haggerty
Johnson-Blandisi-Angello
Miletic-Lafferty-Bjorkqvist
Lucchini-Bellerive-Drozg
Krastenbergs-Almeida-Cramarossa
Scarfo

Warsofsky-Trotman
Czuczman-Siebenaler
Abt-Erkhamps
Almari-Lizzote
Joseph

Larmi
D'Orio
I'm not sure how the pairings will work out with handedness but Joseph will be playing most nights. He's a really good prospect. They'll probably want Almari playing in the lion's share of games too, they seemed pretty high on him.

I think I remember both Wars and Czucz being good on their off sides but I'm not positive? There's a decent chance we lose one of them to waivers too. It'll be interesting to see what they figure out.

Seems like this might be their best team in a long time, if the rookies don't struggle too much.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

Lacroix, Berger, Drozg

Joseph - Trotman*
Czuczman* - Warsofsky*
Abt - Erkamp

Larmi / d’Orio

Looks good. You forgot Almari though.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Team is looking very strong, hopefully there is still enough ice time for the prospects.

Vets (320+ games) - Agozzino, Cramarossa, Czuczman, Warsofsky
Vets (260-319 games) -Trotman, Haggerty

I think that means that we can roll all 6? 12 skates have to be under the 260 games, 1 has to be under 320 games leaving you 5 slots for guys with over 320 games.

On the backend hopefully Almari and Joseph will be dressing every night with Abt, Kim and Lizotte fighting it out for that final spot (Erkamps and Siebenthaler are the obvious candidates for Wheeling for me)

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

PAJEN NORDGREN

Jul 23, 2018
Stockholm

Lacroix, Berger, Drozg

Joseph - Trotman*
Czuczman* - Warsofsky*
Abt - Erkamp

Larmi / d’Orio

I like it. Is Lacroix signed over next year? Can't find anything. Scarfo will be back and maybe Johnson (RFA) as well.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
What is the contract status of Siebenaler, Erkamls and Taylor? NHL, AHL contracts? Unsigned UFAs?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The WBS roster looks deep but a few guys are going to have to step up and be the top end if its going to get anywhere.

What is the contract status of Siebenaler, Erkamls and Taylor? NHL, AHL contracts? Unsigned UFAs?

AHL, AHL, and unsigned UFA (who presumably won't be signed with us).

I like it. Is Lacroix signed over next year? Can't find anything. Scarfo will be back and maybe Johnson (RFA) as well.

I can't find anything that says he is.

Reactions: PAJEN NORDGREN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad