Pre-Game Talk: vs. Wings as Habs Try to Earn Theirs (7PM Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Every teams in the NHL scored at least 7 goals
The Habs scored 4 goals....and there's only 8 teams that played 5 games like the Habs, everybody played less.

All Metropolitan teams combined has 5 losses in regulation just like the Habs.

It has to end tonight......it that doesn't end, something else must end.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Final Four last year in the playoffs: Habs, Vegas, Isles, and Tampa.

Standings so far this season:
- Habs are last in the Atlantic Division (and NHL)
- Vegas are last in the Pacific Division
- Isles are last in the Metropolitan Division
- Tampa are second to last in the Atlantic Division

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Every teams in the NHL scored at least 7 goals
The Habs scored 4 goals....and there's only 8 teams that played 5 games like the Habs, everybody played less.

All Metropolitan teams combined has 5 losses in regulation just like the Habs.

It has to end tonight......it that doesn't end, something else must end.
Bergevin's tenure needs to end. Not just because of all his past failures, but because it is literally time. He is expired. Like a coaching change when things aren't working 10 years of Bergevin has shown us that we are a fringe playoff team. Last years playoff run was a real treat and definitely will go on Bergs resume and he will certainly find more work in the NHL. But Montreal needs a fresh philosophy right from the top.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

So what are you saying? Tampa Bay stole our mojo?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Saw it also but it only show they have a slow start, and it's spin a little bit to excuses the Habs (as usual)

Tampa is 2 points away from being 2nd in the division
Islanders is 3 points away from being 3rd in their division (played all their games on road)
Vegas is also 3 points away, with a game in hand, to be 3rd in the division

Habs are 5 points away from being 3rd in the division and they played one more game

That's closer to reality

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Saw it also but it only show they have a slow start, and it's spin a little bit to excuses the Habs (as usual)

Tampa is 2 points away from being 2nd in the division
Islanders is 3 points away from being 3rd in their division (played all their games on road)
Vegas is also 3 points away, with a game in hand, to be 3rd in the division

Habs are 5 points away from being 3rd in the division and they played one more game

That's closer to reality

Yes, I'm aware of the others having better chances of just climbing the standings than the Habs are. I still find it interesting that at this moment, they're all at the bottom of their divisions at the same time.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yes, I'm aware of the others having better chances of just climbing the standings than the Habs are. I still find it interesting that at this moment, they're all at the bottom of their divisions at the same time.

It's just coincidence for me, Tampa has 4 points in 4 games like Ottawa and Toronto has 5 points and played one more game. After tonight it could all change drastically, if it was after 10-12 games then it would mean more than now.

Surely there's a link between short summer and slow start...but there's slow and slow. In the case of the Habs, this is not only slow......well, it's actually an NHL record

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It's just coincidence for me, Tampa has 4 points in 4 games like Ottawa and Toronto has 5 points and played one more game. After tonight it could all change drastically, if it was after 10-12 games then it would mean more than now.

Surely there's a link between short summer and slow start...but there's slow and slow. In the case of the Habs, this is not only slow......well, it's actually an NHL record

NHL record is 11 in a row to start the season, held by Yotes and Rags. Or what other record were you referring to?

Coyotes make NHL history with another loss, but this isn’t the worst start ever

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I think maybe one of the more alarming trends is that there not playing for each other. We went from one of the strongest locker rooms in the league to whatever this.
Don't buy into the media narrative. It's always like that. Every time things go well, everyone is saying how the group is tight and the locker room is great, and any time things go badly, we talk about locker problems. Happens every time.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
“Anyone can bury us right now and we don’t care. Seriously…we don’t care. We’re gonna take care of business and we’ll finish where we deserve to finish.”

Lets analyze this. What the coach is saying here, is that there is no system. He has failed to provide one and that he is more than willing to publicly throw his team under the bus. This right here, this is a losers comment. If your team doesn't care, it's because you haven't given them a reason to care. No system, and nothing the players can look at and say, yeah, I get it... this is going to work.

This is a total shit show.

I don't like Ducharme at all, but I think what he meant here is: "everyone always bury us and gives us no credit at all, but we don't care what anyone says (like during last playoffs). We'll do what we have to do, and end up wherever we'll end up, regardless of what anyone says."

Reactions: swimmer77

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I don't know how long it will hold up, but look at San Jose right now to understand the effect of a change in system. Same players, totally different system (as per the words of Vlasic). Good results so far. Moreso, players seem to be having fun.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
McDavid 5GP - 13 points
Habs team 5GP - 12 points

5 players have scored more goals than the Habs team.

Connor McDavid - 6
Anze Kopitar - 6
Kyle Connor - 5
Tyler Bertuzzi - 5
Zach Hyman - 5

4 other players tied with the Habs for goals scored.

Leon Draisaitl - 4
Alex Ovechkin - 4
Andrei Svechnikov - 4
Sam Bennett - 4

Fun times....

Jul 6, 2016
I just hope they gonna score at least TWO goals tonight. But I am not convinced they gonna win it.

Jul 6, 2016
I don't know how long it will hold up, but look at San Jose right now to understand the effect of a change in system. Same players, totally different system (as per the words of Vlasic). Good results so far. Moreso, players seem to be having fun.

Easy when you are winning.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Ya the 9-0 being Price playing as a god and then got injured for the whole season.
Now Jake Allen is playing fine but he's no 2015 Carey Price.
See the pattern?
I see it ;
Every time Habs win, it's all on Price in your mind . Other players don't exist when it doesn't fit with your rhetoric. Am i right ? do i get the cookie ?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
“Anyone can bury us right now and we don’t care. Seriously…we don’t care. We’re gonna take care of business and we’ll finish where we deserve to finish.”

Lets analyze this. What the coach is saying here, is that there is no system. He has failed to provide one and that he is more than willing to publicly throw his team under the bus. This right here, this is a losers comment. If your team doesn't care, it's because you haven't given them a reason to care. No system, and nothing the players can look at and say, yeah, I get it... this is going to work.

This is a total shit show.
I don't think that it's what he said; he said "We’re gonna take care of business". The rest is a speculation from you.

Reactions: Paddy17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad