Pre-Game Talk: vs. Wings as Habs Try to Earn Theirs (7PM Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
They had 2 penalties against 6 though. We are good at complaining about the ref when the opposite happens but we stay very very quiet when we are not on the receiving end of the stick. Considering the PP discrepancy in this game (which we rarely see) i don't think we did that well.

The chances I'm referring to were at even strength.

The PP looks like an issue if they can't set up Caufield and hoffman for one timers.

I think Petry moves the puck too slowly to be a great QB as well.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This is the worst start since 1995. The worst start ever was back in 1939 with 7 L in a row. That’s what I read today.

Yeah I remember 95-96. It was a crazy year. Lots of hype with koivu's rookie year. Then GM and coach are fired 5 games in, but the Habs went on a big run with the coaching and GM change which got them into the playoffs as the 6 seed.

Patrick roy only lasted a few weeks under the new staff as well.

Reactions: Gjman2019

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Ducharme: “Anyone can bury us right now and we don’t care. Seriously…we don’t care. We’re gonna take care of business and we’ll finish where we deserve to finish.” - DR
Someone needs to ask him of they deserve to finish out of the playoffs at the end of the season and he better say yes.

Also, 5-2 Detroit

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Hmmmm...

after evaluating the contract situation the Habs are currently in I put money on the fact Montreal will tank. I don't know about A lottery win but with the draft being in Montreal and all the "attention" that Montreal seems to attract...

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Still don't understand for the life of me why you don't put Kulak back with Petry. Then just keep Chiarot and Savard separate. Maybe Kulak/Petry, Romanov/Savard, Chiarot/Wideman.
I didn't mind Chiarot and Wideman but now they want to keep that mixer going.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019

The PP looks like an issue if they can't set up Caufield and hoffman for one timers.

Agree about Petry Wideman looks better than Petry in that role

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019

Can Caufield even now shoot a one timer with confidence to the net? Seems as if the kid is in a sophomore slump - Does everyone think that sending him down is a bad move or not?

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Can Caufield even now shoot a one timer with confidence to the net? Seems as if the kid is in a sophomore slump - Does everyone think that sending him down is a bad move or not?
I'm for giving him 16-17 mins a night, maybe more, with a powerplay wave that focuses on feeding the player who's supposed to be the sniper that shattered goal scoring records in his younger years.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Still don't understand for the life of me why you don't put Kulak back with Petry. Then just keep Chiarot and Savard separate. Maybe Kulak/Petry, Romanov/Savard, Chiarot/Wideman.

That's what they did last game no?

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Hmmmm...

after evaluating the contract situation the Habs are currently in I put money on the fact Montreal will tank. I don't know about A lottery win but with the draft being in Montreal and all the "attention" that Montreal seems to attract...

Ive already opened up the betting on the exact same parameters as last season.

In 20-21, we lost in 80% of the games we played where we didn’t score first. So bet our opponents on the money line when we go down by one. Limits both your downside and upside but is +EV over the long run.

With this roster, it feels like another 80%+ win rate is coming this year. Too bad, but might as well profit given that we all know everything about the team.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad