Pre-Game Talk: vs. Wings as Habs Try to Earn Theirs (7PM Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
It’s really curious how we’re not a very good possession team anymore. Really I can’t find out why.

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-22_12-6-40.png
    upload_2021-10-22_12-6-40.png
    271.7 KB · Views: 11

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Our identity was :

- We’ll send Danault line against your top elite forwards and they will outscore you.

- Then we’ll outmatch you with our scoring depth.

Our identity now? I don’t know. I don’t see a winning formula now, maybe one will emerge in time.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Our identity was :

- We’ll send Danault line against your top elite forwards and they will outscore you.

- Then we’ll outmatch you with our scoring depth.

Our identity now? I don’t know. I don’t see a winning formula now, maybe one will emerge in time.
That's what they'll need to forge over the next few weeks/months.

It's normal and this doesn't happen overnight.

As you mentioned above, the entire identity of this team has been removed or isn't present. It will take time to find a new identity.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I guess the good news against Carolina is that the team actually generated some quality scoring chances. I didn't see much of the game aside from the first 10 minutes, and the full 3rd period, but they certainly had some golden chances.

At some point, they will go in, but they could also put up a total stinker which they have done a couple times already.

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
Shouldn't have Perreault centering Tofu and Bilbo
Is it not possible to double shift Dvorak and Suzuki then to give them extra shifts with those wingers?

Sort of like what they did last year shifting the big 4 around their bottom 2 dmen.

I mean it's a terrible idea and not long term but jebus we need to do something

Reactions: angusyoung

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Lines and pairings at practice this morning:

Hoffman - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - Dvorak/Brooks - Anderson
Toffoli - Perreault - Caufield
Lehkonen - Evans/Paquette - Armia

Chiarot - Petry
Niku - Kulak
Romanov - Savard
Wideman

The early season struggles and line blender DD is reacting with highlights how poorly the coaching staff managed the preseason...

Can't really fault the players for playing with no confidence or engagement, DD seems to be in way over his head.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad