Pre-Game Talk: vs. Wings as Habs Try to Earn Theirs (7PM Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Ya the 9-0 being Price playing as a god and then got injured for the whole season.
Now Jake Allen is playing fine but he's no 2015 Carey Price.
See the pattern?
Habs averaged 4G per game during that start, recall Fleischman- DD - Weise lighting it up as the 3rd line?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
We never win against Detroit so Zadina is probably going to score a goal just to make it worse. It's going to be fun to watch Bergie's team get destroyed again.

Reactions: Hacketts

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Expecting to see 4-1 DET and Ducharme saying good things have been seen but they were just lacking a bit of luck and scoring.
I have been a fan of this team for 20 years, always tried to wait and see what is going to happen but when the team has been lacking direction for the past 5 years, not being able to get a top center, screwing up with cap space management… not sure how people still want Bergevin as a GM and have any hope in the shirt term.

Reactions: iamtalbot

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Lovely...
Even the crackhouse is ahead of us.
20211023_055754.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'm for giving him 16-17 mins a night, maybe more, with a powerplay wave that focuses on feeding the player who's supposed to be the sniper that shattered goal scoring records in his younger years.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think bumping him and Suzuki back to the second line will help match them up against another team’s second may be better. I’d bump CC to the third if we had a capable offensive minded center but I can’t see him and Evans doing much. That said, I think the first line right now is too much for both of them.

I would however give those two like 90 seconds of PP time.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
“Anyone can bury us right now and we don’t care. Seriously…we don’t care. We’re gonna take care of business and we’ll finish where we deserve to finish.”

Lets analyze this. What the coach is saying here, is that there is no system. He has failed to provide one and that he is more than willing to publicly throw his team under the bus. This right here, this is a losers comment. If your team doesn't care, it's because you haven't given them a reason to care. No system, and nothing the players can look at and say, yeah, I get it... this is going to work.

This is a total shit show.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
“Anyone can bury us right now and we don’t care. Seriously…we don’t care. We’re gonna take care of business and we’ll finish where we deserve to finish.”

Lets analyze this. What the coach is saying here, is that there is no system. He has failed to provide one and that he is more than willing to publicly throw his team under the bus. This right here, this is a losers comment. If your team doesn't care, it's because you haven't given them a reason to care. No system, and nothing the players can look at and say, yeah, I get it... this is going to work.

This is a total shit show.
It all started with an ill prepared training camp and has carried over.

Reactions: Paddy17

Theeze0504

Aug 18, 2005
proabably watching the first period out of killing some time, then movie night at 8
I can't see myself being entertained with this train wreck. Ducharme's comment and putrid line juggling are completely killing any interest I have left.

I think we win tonight, but part of me says I hope they don't.
We can't be a bubble team anymore, this org needs a drastic change.

Reactions: amethyst

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
EZ win.

Detroit has no chance.

There is NO WAY, absolutely NO WAY that the Wings win tonight. None.
Jinxes don't exist. No one controls the outcomes of the universe.

On paper, this should be an easy one for the habs. FWIW, I thought they played better against the canes than the previous 4 games. More energy at various points in the game, better offensive opportunities, slightly more structure on the break. Team defense is still an issue.

Again, on paper this should be a win for the habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad