Pre-Game Talk: vs. Wings as Habs Try to Earn Theirs (7PM Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
What's the Habs record for worst start? I want to see history so when I'm old I can tell my grandkids.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I guess the good news against Carolina is that the team actually generated some quality scoring chances. I didn't see much of the game aside from the first 10 minutes, and the full 3rd period, but they certainly had some golden chances.

At some point, they will go in, but they could also put up a total stinker which they have done a couple times already.

They had 2 penalties against 6 though. We are good at complaining about the ref when the opposite happens but we stay very very quiet when we are not on the receiving end of the stick. Considering the PP discrepancy in this game (which we rarely see) i don't think we did that well.

Reactions: angusyoung

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
db17acr5pwu71.jpg

Source: r/Habs

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I think the term "AHL caliber" is grossly overused, but Niku-Kulak is genuinely AHL caliber.

Kulak hasn't been bad. He's had some great zone entry rushes which none of the other dmen has been doing.

He's not making us better but I don't think he's hurting us either, I think he belongs in the NHL in a very limited role.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Kulak hasn't been bad. He's had some great zone entry rushes which none of the other dmen has been doing.

He's not making us better but I don't think he's hurting us either, I think he belongs in the NHL in a very limited role.

The problem is that describes pretty much all the D right now. Petry isn't playing as he normally does, Chiarot is not much worse than he normally would be but he looks worse because Price is out, most of the other guys should be playing a few sheltered minutes. It's not that any of these guys are just not NHL D-men, it's that most of them are not ready to play tough minutes without a better partner.

MB went out and got depth guys who can play easy minutes. The habs need a true top D who pushes everyone else down. Not too many of those available, and none who would fit the habs' cap.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I also think the Habs win this one.

They break out of their offensive slump.

That obviously doesn't take much when you're averaging less than a goal per game :laugh:

But I'll give them 3 or 4 in this one. 4-2 win maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad