VOYNOV update?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm purely speculating here, but I think Voynov probably has a pretty good idea of whether or not the Kings are going to sign him when/if he's available.

Had VV thought no one would sign him, I don't think he'd make this effort to get back into the league.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It's not that. I'm in agreement with BK. The Kings are high on the SJW food chain. Case in point their whole ENOUGH campaign.
What was "SJW" about the Enough Campaign? Donating money and blood while saying we should work to stop violence isn't a political message. It's just common moral decency.

Uncle Phil is a conservative right wing Christian.

The Kings honored Mark Hardy recently.

The Kings have Pride Night, which is ironic because Phil Anschutz has been criticized for supporting "ant-gay" causes.

Ultimately there's not enough here to say the Kings as an organization have a specific political stance.

Last edited:

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Like any corporation, the Kings will do what they can to appease their pocket books. If that's sacrificing bias to appeal to a cause they can and must do so. To try to analyze what a group of men stand for versus what they overtly and sigularly do in the public eye isn't worth it.

I appreciate the dialogue gentleman.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I know, right?!? The sanctimonious rhetoric of vocal few is getting real old.

Seems there needs to be some better understanding of what I'm saying.

I'm in no way a SJW but I do believe the current state of the Kings will lead them to be one as it pertains to Voynov.

The league would like nobody to sign him. Possible reprisals if done? Worth the risk?

There is just a lot of nuance to it for those that have to make the call. It's easy for us to just say to add a guy that will make the team better.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I'm the furthest thing from a SJW, I am ok with him returning if he helps the team but I also don't fault anyone who doesn't want the Voynov's and Tyreek Hill's of the world on the teams they cheer for.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
If he has the skills, he should be allowed to pay his bills. The guy's paid his debt. Our society is supposed to be one of forgiveness and allow people to seek redemption. Obviously if he continues poor off-ice conduct, then he would face necessary consequences, but barring anything else that's damning, he's punished enough.

Crownroyal21

Mar 19, 2019
If he has the skills, he should be allowed to pay his bills. The guy's paid his debt. Our society is supposed to be one of forgiveness and allow people to seek redemption. Obviously if he continues poor off-ice conduct, then he would face necessary consequences, but barring anything else that's damning, he's punished enough.
I agree. One thing, though, he needs to have a press conference with his wife there and apologize publicly. He needs to explain himself and ask for forgiveness.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
It's cause the NHL wants the fans to believe these are still the good old farm boya. They don't do drugs, especially PED's. The players WANT to spend time with the fans, they aren't forced to do so contractually. Alcohol isn't a problem, these are just a bunch of good, clean athletes and we all know this isn't true.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
When is the arbitrator supposed to hear (or make a decision on) the appeal? Does anyone know?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
When is the arbitrator supposed to hear (or make a decision on) the appeal? Does anyone know?

according to the most recent posts (April 10) no date yet.

This article is a pretty good one about it

NHLPA Appeals NHL Decision To Suspend Slava Voynov For The 2019-20 Season

The NHL suspension is not the only hurdle that Voynov will have to deal with in his journey back to the NHL. As a Russian citizen, Voynov will also have to be allowed back into the United States. According to Christine Swenson, an immigration attorney for athletes, Voynov may have issues obtaining a visa to play in the United States. Swenson says “Convictions for crimes of domestic violence, crimes involving moral turpitude, aggravated felonies, and crimes of violence are all statutory reasons the US government can deport someone.”

The fact that Voynov's charges were dismissed and he self-deported after his arrest may help his case, but according to Swenson, Voynov may have a challenging time showing to the U.S. Government that his "past actions were not terribly serious, those actions do not pose a risk of harm to society, and that he has a compelling reason as to why he needs to enter the US.”

Reactions: johnjm22

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

The NHL suspension is not the only hurdle that Voynov will have to deal with in his journey back to the NHL. As a Russian citizen, Voynov will also have to be allowed back into the United States. According to Christine Swenson, an immigration attorney for athletes, Voynov may have issues obtaining a visa to play in the United States. Swenson says “Convictions for crimes of domestic violence, crimes involving moral turpitude, aggravated felonies, and crimes of violence are all statutory reasons the US government can deport someone.”

The fact that Voynov's charges were dismissed and he self-deported after his arrest may help his case, but according to Swenson, Voynov may have a challenging time showing to the U.S. Government that his "past actions were not terribly serious, those actions do not pose a risk of harm to society, and that he has a compelling reason as to why he needs to enter the US.”

Correct me if im wrong but wasn't/isn't Voynov living in Florida?? Im pretty sure he's been there for awhile now.. The US won't deny him a Visa to play, just look at MLB players that do this all the time.
Canada might be a different story though.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I'm purely speculating here, but I think Voynov probably has a pretty good idea of whether or not the Kings are going to sign him when/if he's available.

Had VV thought no one would sign him, I don't think he'd make this effort to get back into the league.

That's actually a great point.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

We let criminals back into this country all the time.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Personally, Kings being a better team will make the Kings a more profitable team. Voynov is a good decision business wise.

The backlash against Voynov will only be around at tops a month. The season is 7-8 months

When's the last time you heard anybody talk about the me too movement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad