VOYNOV update?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Again, Heatley example and last few posts are perfect, we'll go out of our way to find a reason he's good to go. What's a little vehicular homicide between friends?

Edit: Here's a quick writeup.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/heatley-indicted-in-fatal-crash-1.488636

List of initial charges: "Heatley, a forward with the NHL's Atlanta Thrashers, faces charges of vehicular homicide in the first degree, vehicular homicide in the second degree, reckless driving, driving too fast for conditions, failure to maintain his lane and speeding. "

"Heatley, 23, faces up to 20 years in prison and $5,000 US in fines if convicted on all counts. "

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Again, Heatley example and last few posts are perfect, we'll go out of our way to find a reason he's good to go. What's a little vehicular homicide between friends?

Edit: Here's a quick writeup.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/heatley-indicted-in-fatal-crash-1.488636

List of initial charges: "Heatley, a forward with the NHL's Atlanta Thrashers, faces charges of vehicular homicide in the first degree, vehicular homicide in the second degree, reckless driving, driving too fast for conditions, failure to maintain his lane and speeding. "

"Heatley, 23, faces up to 20 years in prison and $5,000 US in fines if convicted on all counts. "
The one comment just pointed out the speeding factor and the other was being sarcastic (pointing out DH got a slap on the wrist for killing someone).

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Had Voynov stayed done his jail time, faced the music then, then it may be a different story. Instead he plead, headed back to Russia voluntarily to avoid deportation and basically ran. We can act like 410 games is a lot but the guy has never been punished. Hell, he made a **** ton more money in Russia, even played in the Olympics.

Another false narrative and a flat out lie. He served his jail sentence after pleading no contest to misdemeanor domestic violence. He was then taken into custody by immigration authorities and choose to voluntarily self-deport. He was later granted permission to return to the United States by immigration officials and in addition had his conviction expunged by a judge in CA for the misdemeanor assault. Why the false hoods?

KohoRevolution35

Jul 3, 2015
I don't post much, but I do a read through the forums often. Last I read online, is that Voynov might be signing with Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg in the KHL for 2019-2020. I believe his former teammate with HC CSKA, Pavel Datsyuk, is also expected to sign with Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I don't post much, but I do a read through the forums often. Last I read online, is that Voynov might be signing with Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg in the KHL for 2019-2020. I believe his former teammate with HC CSKA, Pavel Datsyuk, is also expected to sign with Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg.

Makes sense now that the league has jacked him around for more than a season...

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
When is the arbitrator supposed rule on the appeal? I would think Voynov would be waiting to hear back on that before signing a new deal in the KHL. It's pretty clear he wants to play in the NHL.

Reactions: TruKingFan and YP44

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
I'm in Beijng next 10 days and they block twitter , google and gmail here...oh, and most chat programs...so
lakingsinsider, can read the articles, but not the chat threads. Oh, so what does this tweet say?
Slava Voynov will be waiting on decision in regards to his NHL appeal. Then a final decision on where to play will be made.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Hoping someone can clarify....let’s suppose the PA gets the suspension reduced to 20 games or whatever....his he now a UFA or do the Kings still have his rights in some way?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
My prediction is that his suspension will be reduced (probably cut in half), and the Kings will sign him.

Voynov will play for the Kings in the 19/20 season.

I think this is the most likely scenario.

Reactions: andys

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I think he is done here. Lombardi would sign him but I don't think Blake will.
I think you have that backwards.. DL felt betrayed and probably would have moved his rights.. Blake, I think, will sign V.V.... so Kovy, Proks, VV and maybe they go for Podzolkin(hope not)...

Reactions: TruKingFan

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I think you have that backwards.. DL felt betrayed and probably would have moved his rights.. Blake, I think, will sign V.V.... so Kovy, Proks, VV and maybe they go for Podzolkin(hope not)...

Yeah, the guy that let him practice with the team while he was suspended felt betrayed.

DL drafted him and loved the fact the kid came to play in the AHL, doing it "the right way". Dean was all about keeping the run going: there are no doubts in my mind that DL would have had him back out on the ice if he didn't self-deport.

Now the guy is as old as Doughty and the Kings are rebuilding. Only way I see Blake keeping him is in an effort to increase his trade value by having Voynov play well.

The Kings are woke, guys. Doesn't seem like the type of thing they want to touch with a 10 foot pole.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Yeah, the guy that let him practice with the team while he was suspended felt betrayed.

DL drafted him and loved the fact the kid came to play in the AHL, doing it "the right way". Dean was all about keeping the run going: there are no doubts in my mind that DL would have had him back out on the ice if he didn't self-deport.

Now the guy is as old as Doughty and the Kings are rebuilding. Only way I see Blake keeping him is in an effort to increase his trade value by having Voynov play well.

The Kings are woke, guys. Doesn't seem like the type of thing they want to touch with a 10 foot pole.
Has he stayed Dean would have but he ran and left DL hanging... I give a rats ass about the league pretending to be "woke".. The dudes an asset and when hes reinstated, we need to move him for pieces or as youn said, let him increase his trade value

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Has he stayed Dean would have but he ran and left DL hanging... I give a rats ass about the league pretending to be "woke".. The dudes an asset and when hes reinstated, we need to move him for pieces or as youn said, let him increase his trade value

Not the league: The Kings franchise.

Look at the telecasts, the social media etc. Doesn't matter if you care because they do. They will care about adding a domestic abuser to a roster that is expected to miss the playoffs again. You deal with potential fall-out when you are chasing your 3rd Cup in four years but you hesitate when you are struggling to maintain STHers and are seemingly catering your efforts toward attracting new fans, i.e. young and more influenced by "woke culture" and its presence on social media.

He is some sort of asset but he is not Slava Voynov from 2014.

He also "ran" because he was going to get deported anyways...he didn't want to leave. Tin foil hat time, but I'm pretty sure the NHL talked to some people to make sure he would get deported since it isn't an automatic deportation for something like this.

I went to the mat for the guy on the Main Board during his trial. He should not have had to self-deport and he should have been able to stay after serving some sort of suspension in the 2016 season. He did his time and should have been able to return to making a living. It was a real long time ago though. The ride is over and has been over for awhile now. I don't know if bringing him back does much for us on the ice at this point and I'm really not sure what it will do for a locker room that is going to be increasingly filled with young guys trying to learn how to do things the right way.

All that being said, Blake could bring him back. If Vegas put odds on it though, him not playing for the Kings again would be the favorite.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

ENOUGH.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
The smart thing to do would be to let Voynov continue to be a king until the Kings can bring in younger defenseman in at the right time. If I'm in the business of Hockey, my goal is to put the best team forward. Voynov being retained by the Kings will piss off only fringe fans, and have a few days of spotlight. That's it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad