VOYNOV update?

Crownroyal21

Mar 19, 2019
LOL....umm, no he doesn't.
Really? Read the report. You can’t beat the shit out of your wife like that. Yeah he did his time and all that shit but I need to hear some remorse or play somewhere else. I have loved Slava but he has to go up and beyond to get my trust back. You don’t hit. f***ing woman.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Really? Read the report. You can’t beat the **** out of your wife like that. Yeah he did his time and all that **** but I need to hear some remorse or play somewhere else. I have loved Slava but he has to go up and beyond to get my trust back. You don’t hit. ****ing woman.

Link?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Personally, Kings being a better team will make the Kings a more profitable team. Voynov is a good decision business wise.

The backlash against Voynov will only be around at tops a month. The season is 7-8 months

No, it's not. And that is the reason the Kings will move on, and it might not come to that , he has other hurdles to clear.

NHLPA Appeals NHL Decision To Suspend Slava Voynov For The 2019-20 Season

The NHL suspension is not the only hurdle that Voynov will have to deal with in his journey back to the NHL. As a Russian citizen, Voynov will also have to be allowed back into the United States. According to Christine Swenson, an immigration attorney for athletes, Voynov may have issues obtaining a visa to play in the United States. Swenson says “Convictions for crimes of domestic violence, crimes involving moral turpitude, aggravated felonies, and crimes of violence are all statutory reasons the US government can deport someone.”

The fact that Voynov's charges were dismissed and he self-deported after his arrest may help his case, but according to Swenson, Voynov may have a challenging time showing to the U.S. Government that his "past actions were not terribly serious, those actions do not pose a risk of harm to society, and that he has a compelling reason as to why he needs to enter the US.”

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
No, it's not. And that is the reason the Kings will move on, and it might not come to that , he has other hurdles to clear.

NHLPA Appeals NHL Decision To Suspend Slava Voynov For The 2019-20 Season

The NHL suspension is not the only hurdle that Voynov will have to deal with in his journey back to the NHL. As a Russian citizen, Voynov will also have to be allowed back into the United States. According to Christine Swenson, an immigration attorney for athletes, Voynov may have issues obtaining a visa to play in the United States. Swenson says “Convictions for crimes of domestic violence, crimes involving moral turpitude, aggravated felonies, and crimes of violence are all statutory reasons the US government can deport someone.”

The fact that Voynov's charges were dismissed and he self-deported after his arrest may help his case, but according to Swenson, Voynov may have a challenging time showing to the U.S. Government that his "past actions were not terribly serious, those actions do not pose a risk of harm to society, and that he has a compelling reason as to why he needs to enter the US.”

He was already allowed back into the US and living in Florida...

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I can't see the year suspension sticking. The union should have a pretty easy case using Austin Watson an example.
He ended up being suspended a total of 18 games, right?
Didn't Voynov already serve many more games than that in 2014-15?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I think the question is whether he is permitted to work in the US and Canada, not whether he is allowed to visit or reside.
The article states that because he is a Russian citizen that he would have difficulty returning to the US...
No where in that qoute does it mention a work visa but rather his integration back into society..
Is there another qoute that i've missed or is that it??

EDIT: You are correct, I completely missed the visa part.. my bad

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
i dont understand what kind of apology people want though. do you guys need a personal phone call?

Yes...yes they would, is that too much to ask? Apparently, the guy missing 5 seasons of his professional career is just not enough for them.

Reactions: RocketKing

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
My guess is the suspension gets knocked down to 20 games. And assuming VV gets permission to work in US/CA, then he’ll probably play again in early 2020.

According to LAKI, as of a couple weeks ago, the Kings still own his rights. Not sure if that is accurate or for how long.

Since he’s been gone so long, it’s tough to know if he’s still an nhl regular, but it’s probably a safe bet for at least one to two years.

So then you look at the Kings NHL depth chart and try to see how he slots in at RHD.

Doughty
Martinez
Walker
Roy
LaDue
MacDermid

So that’s a pretty long list, however, he would probably rank third, at least, given the lack of experience in the remaining group.

So there is a reasonable chance he could make this roster next year if he was at camp. By the time he is available and if the Kings still hold his rights, that depth chart might not have changed much.

So looking down the road, I think VV’s return could happen, but only if possible and if the Kings are repeating a performance like last season. If things are positive around the team, I don’t think they risk disrupting things for a tarnished asset. But if things are bad, then every asset will need to count in order to keep digging out of the hole.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
So, where's the outcry over the Lakers hiring Jason Kidd? Or did he pay his dues?

History of Jason Kidd's past incidents
Wife: Jason Kidd A Serial Abuser, Adulterer

thats so different ziggy and you know it because um

well um that doesnt count because uh

i dont want voynov on this team simply because there’s too much baggage, and he’s associated now with an era id really like to forget. but i hope he’s reformed, and i hope his family is doing well, and if another team wants to take a chance on him, they should. but slava doesnt owe me anything.

Reactions: RocketKing

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
My guess is the suspension gets knocked down to 20 games. And assuming VV gets permission to work in US/CA, then he’ll probably play again in early 2020.

According to LAKI, as of a couple weeks ago, the Kings still own his rights. Not sure if that is accurate or for how long.

Since he’s been gone so long, it’s tough to know if he’s still an nhl regular, but it’s probably a safe bet for at least one to two years.

So then you look at the Kings NHL depth chart and try to see how he slots in at RHD.

Doughty
Martinez
Walker
Roy
LaDue
MacDermid

So that’s a pretty long list, however, he would probably rank third, at least, given the lack of experience in the remaining group.

So there is a reasonable chance he could make this roster next year if he was at camp. By the time he is available and if the Kings still hold his rights, that depth chart might not have changed much.

So looking down the road, I think VV’s return could happen, but only if possible and if the Kings are repeating a performance like last season. If things are positive around the team, I don’t think they risk disrupting things for a tarnished asset. But if things are bad, then every asset will need to count in order to keep digging out of the hole.

our rd depth is trash

our ld depth is worse

what the f*** happened to our defense

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
our rd depth is trash

our ld depth is worse

what the **** happened to our defense

Alot was expected of Forbort and McNabb and they were infield singles instead of extra base-hits. If Forbort and/or McNabb had developed into a #2 or a really good #3 the holes on defense would be way less. And that's not even factoring in Voynov leaving.

Reactions: kilowatt

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017

Doughty
Martinez
Walker
Roy
LaDue
MacDermid

I'd have to guess AMart heads back to the Left side since that's so freaking ugly. I'd guess we could use anyone not named Doughty as a trade chip at the draft. I really liked what I saw from Walker as a 1st year NHL player and to a lesser extent Roy as well. I'd hope we could move up or swing a decent hockey trade with some of that.

The Left side is a total dumpster fire. Forbort is complete SH1T. We need some kind of an anchor there and yeah we just traded one away. Anderson might be that guy but most likely not this season and for sure not right out of the gate. I was really stoked that Byram was going to be the one but then the NHL completely F'd us with this sham of a stupid ass Lottery.

Since Florida is assembling the Russian Red Army Team maybe we can move Voynov there for Mike Matheson and build up the left side. I think something like this would be best and help the overall balance of the D corp.

Reactions: andys

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
i dont want voynov on this team simply because there’s too much baggage, and he’s associated now with an era id really like to forget. but i hope he’s reformed, and i hope his family is doing well, and if another team wants to take a chance on him, they should. but slava doesnt owe me anything.

That era won 2 Cups! 12 and 14 may be the only Cups we ever see!

What am I missing?!

Reactions: cyclones22
Jul 31, 2005
CA
I think Blake will focus on re-building the defense. The goaltending is set. Plenty of depth at forward. The weakness is on defense.

Reactions: andys

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'd have to guess AMart heads back to the Left side since that's so freaking ugly. I'd guess we could use anyone not named Doughty as a trade chip at the draft. I really liked what I saw from Walker as a 1st year NHL player and to a lesser extent Roy as well. I'd hope we could move up or swing a decent hockey trade with some of that.

The Left side is a total dumpster fire. Forbort is complete SH1T. We need some kind of an anchor there and yeah we just traded one away. Anderson might be that guy but most likely not this season and for sure not right out of the gate. I was really stoked that Byram was going to be the one but then the NHL completely F'd us with this sham of a stupid ass Lottery.

Since Florida is assembling the Russian Red Army Team maybe we can move Voynov there for Mike Matheson and build up the left side. I think something like this would be best and help the overall balance of the D corp.

Yeah, Martinez has been skating on his backhand for years. Get that guy back to the right spot.

Reactions: Jungle Boy

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
I think Blake will focus on re-building the defense. The goaltending is set. Plenty of depth at forward. The weakness is on defense.
Yeah i agree as far as looking 1-2 yrs ahead but our Offense is simply offensive. PP is an absolute joke.

I hate losing because we can’t score and would be OK to see Blake sign Duchesne to a 7 year deal. Then I’d be there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad