Injury Report: Vol. 5 (Updates in First Post) | Practice @ UPMC66

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Hahaha oh right.

I mean, not that it makes it any more comforting. :laugh: But Sid had a neck injury that had very similar symptoms that took forever to heal, so a neck injury doesn't necessarily mean that Murray would be in better shape than Fleury. That said, I'm pretty sure he didn't have what horrible borderline decaptiation thing Sid had.:laugh:

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
I've talked about it before but it's crazy how much more serious concussions are in the NHL than the NFL. In the NFL they happen almost on a weekly basis with much more viscous hits but you rarely see people out for more than a few weeks. A lot of the time they are back the very next week. You see dudes flat knocked out in the NFL but back in a week or two. But in the NHL less violent hits results in concussions that put players out for weeks, sometimes months. Is it the helmets? NFL players lying to get back in the game? NHL being much more cautious with players?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
NFL players also have the shortest life spans of any professional athletes and many have very severe brain injuries from playing which often lead to suicide, depression, mental impairment, cognitive impairment, and a change in mental temperament.

The NFL should frankly be ruined in a lawsuit and re-started from scratch.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
NFL players also have the shortest life spans of any professional athletes and many have very severe brain injuries from playing which often lead to suicide, depression, mental impairment, cognitive impairment, and a change in mental temperament.

The NFL should frankly be ruined in a lawsuit and re-started from scratch.
The NFL has reached that "too big to fail" territory. No amount of lawsuits will ruin that money train. They will add more rules to make the game "safer" but that's about it and honestly, that's how it should be. Not to sound insensitive but these players know the risk of the game and what they are signing up for. They also are getting paid very very well for their troubles. That can be said for any sport, including the NHL. Because at the end of the day there will always be people willing to put their bodies on the line for those paychecks.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The NFL has reached that "too big to fail" territory. No amount of lawsuits will ruin that money train. They will add more rules to make the game "safer" but that's about it and honestly, that's how it should be. Not to sound insensitive but these players know the risk of the game and what they are signing up for. They also are getting paid very very well for their troubles. That can be said for any sport, including the NHL. Because at the end of the day there will always be people willing to put their bodies on the line for those paychecks.

I want to be a NFL punter :)

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Morning skate is at 11:30. Not sure if it's optional. I doubt we get any meaningful injury updates, but you never know.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Potash on the Root twitter account says it will be optional. Rangers was as well, looks like there weren't that many participants but McDonagh was certainly one of them.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
McDonagh, Diaz, and McIlrath were all skating and "left the ice at the same time." Hopefully with arms hooked and singing Sweet Caroline.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Maybe Flower just wanted to skip any potential dealing with the press. He's got to be tired of answering the same question every day.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Given the consistent attempts at coach skull****ery, MAF not out at the skate may be the best sign yet that he is ready to play. Somewhere in the bowels of MSG they have him hooked into one of those baby bouncy things from his UPMC commercial.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Normally I think I'd be getting irritated at all of the meaningless head games Sully is playing but I have to say, I'm getting a good laugh out of it. I'm half expecting him to stage Sid's funeral before game 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad