Injury Report: Vol. 5 (Updates in First Post) | Practice @ UPMC66

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
TIL it takes 3 seasons to mend a shoulder injury

You could probably amputate and transplant an average persons arm and have them rehabilitate their shoulder faster than Beau Bennett

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Yeah it's sarcasm but alludes to the fact he is unable to stay in the lineup as he has shown over a number of seasons now.

And even still, December was 5 months ago.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
i'd almost guarantee he's not selling. ******** drug laws call possession over a certain amount intent to distribute. doesn't matter if it was obviously for personal use

selling oxys ain't that big a deal anyway. if the nhl didn't ignore its substance problems or took better care of its guys after retirement this wouldn't happen

Oxy is straight up terrible ****. But I was reading one of those articles about the opiate problem in America that have been popping up lately that a staggeringly high percentage of people getting popped for federal charges on these are using pill mills which can sometimes fall under federal juristiction, what with interstate commerce and all. I mean, it's also a drug that should not be used for chronic pain (it was originally designed for terminally ill patients) because of how it wears off early and how the manufacturer has given doctors false information about its effectiveness.

And yeah, it's pretty clear that Artie has been failed by medical profession and the league at some point. Dude needs to get clean, but that's complicated by his pain issues (I'm assuming) and his now problematic relationship with opiates.

A really sad, sad tale.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Oxy is straight up terrible ****. But I was reading one of those articles about the opiate problem in America that have been popping up lately that a staggeringly high percentage of people getting popped for federal charges on these are using pill mills which can sometimes fall under federal juristiction, what with interstate commerce and all. I mean, it's also a drug that should not be used for chronic pain (it was originally designed for terminally ill patients) because of how it wears off early and how the manufacturer has given doctors false information about its effectiveness.

And yeah, it's pretty clear that Artie has been failed by medical profession and the league at some point. Dude needs to get clean, but that's complicated by his pain issues (I'm assuming) and his now problematic relationship with opiates.

A really sad, sad tale.

It sucks to say it, but sometimes prison is the perfect chance to get clean. I know you can still get drugs in there, but if you take the punishment seriously and try to change its your best shot...plus theres treatment programs in there.

Best of luck to him. Addiction is a *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad