Injury Report: Vol. 5 (Updates in First Post) | Practice @ UPMC66

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
PLAYER |TYPE OF INJURY|REPORTED|RECOVERY TIME|POSSIBLE RETURN|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Kevin Porter | Lower Body | 03.03.16 | 12 Weeks | 05.27 | Recovering from surgery, making progress, healing | 05.12.16 | @penguins
Scott Wilson | Lower Body | 03.15.16 | Unknown | Unknown | Recovering from surgery, making progress, healing | 05.12.16 | @penguins
Beau Bennett | Upper Body | 04.07.16 | Day to Day | Unknown | Still not medically cleared to play | 05.03.16 | @penguins

Previous injury thread is here
This year, we're going to keep track of all the injuries using this spreadsheet. There are two tabs at the bottom of the page, one for the regular season and another for the playoffs.

« 05.12.16 | Practice @ UPMC66 »

Last edited:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
on-ice interview with Sullivan at 3:05pm, "Coach, Fleury's been announced as the starter, how are you feeling about his progress?"

"Marc is day-to-day. Looking good, bu t I just wanna see some more before I comment on it"

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
If Geno plays and Rust/Bennett both aren't ready, does Sullivan play Sundqvist on Geno's wing or Geno on Sid's wing?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If Geno plays and Rust/Bennett both aren't ready, does Sullivan play Sundqvist on Geno's wing or Geno on Sid's wing?

Sundqvist on Geno's wing, but that line only plays about 5 minutes as a three man unit.

Then, you'll see Geno and Sheary slide up with Sid and Horny AND Sid slide down to take extra shifts centering Geno and Sheary.

Maybe you also see Geno on RW with Cullen and Kuhn for a shift.

Sundqvist being in because Rust isn't ready doesn't change the approach, only the minutes allocated to the line as a three man unit.

EDIT: The other thing that could happen is 7D and Malkin replaces Sundqvist, but I think with Geno back and Daley sliding to PP2, they just bench Schultz.

Sullivan's gamesmanship channels Vince McMahon. I expect Malkin to emerge from a coffin to take the ice.

By gawd, that's Malkin's music . . . :laugh:

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Sundqvist on Geno's wing, but that line only plays about 5 minutes as a three man unit.

Then, you'll see Geno and Sheary slide up with Sid and Horny AND Sid slide down to take extra shifts centering Geno and Sheary.

Maybe you also see Geno on RW with Cullen and Kuhn for a shift.

Sundqvist being in because Rust isn't ready doesn't change the approach, only the minutes allocated to the line as a three man unit.

EDIT: The other thing that could happen is 7D and Malkin replaces Sundqvist, but I think with Geno back and Daley sliding to PP2, they just bench Schultz.

By gawd, that's Malkin's music . . . :laugh:

Hmmm what would be his music?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I was about to declare you the winner, until I remembered the most obvious choice . . .

:laugh:

Ivan Dorn was the first artist I thought of. I should get a gold star for even knowing who he is :laugh:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I agree with what IC said in the last thread. Once Geno and/or Maf are ready, you get them in there ASAP. You don't wait and give them extra rest.

Two reasons for that:

1) Get everyone firing on all cylinders, as IC mentioned.

2) The Rangers are still a damned good team, and it looks like Lundqvist is healthy. I want to be icing the lineup that gives us the best chance to win. We can't be looking long term in these playoffs and trying to plan for the next rounds. The Pens might not even get out of this round without all hands on deck. Have some respect for the Rangers, they're a tough team and we need our best lineup to make sure we win.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
I'm pancakes on this one. For a long while we weren't even looking like we had a playoff team. When Malkin went down many people called us to be missing the playoffs. I for one think we field the best players when they are there. Lets get out of this round as fast as we can.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Any edge you can exploit, you do that. Sullivan being back and forth is exactly how he should be playing it, even though it's annoying to us.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Any edge you can exploit, you do that. Sullivan being back and forth is exactly how he should be playing it, even though it's annoying to us.

Yup. I just assume everyone on the team is hurt until I see them take the ice.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013

It doesn't annoy me at all to be honest. It wouldn't bother me if he stopped releasing information altogether. The objective is to win the games. So, if he feels it's helpful to keep his cards close to his chest, then I'm all for it. I'm entertained enough watching the games. I can occupy the off days with plenty of things other than scrutinizing over tweets and post-practice interviews. :laugh:

Yup. I just assume everyone on the team is hurt until I see them take the ice.

That's also a good way to look at it.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It doesn't annoy me at all to be honest. It wouldn't bother me if he stopped releasing information altogether. The objective is to win the games. So, if he feels it's helpful to keep his cards close to his chest, then I'm all for it. I'm entertained enough watching the games. I can occupy the off days with plenty of things other than scrutinizing over tweets and post-practice interviews. :laugh:

That's also a good way to look at it.

He shows enough of Geno skating to make the Rangers prepare for him. Any preparation they do for Geno is less time they have to prepare for other things. It's a net win for Sully either way.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
I'm pancakes on this one. For a long while we weren't even looking like we had a playoff team. When Malkin went down many people called us to be missing the playoffs. I for one think we field the best players when they are there. Lets get out of this round as fast as we can.

Agree. It's time to go for it now. One round at a time and not looking forward to a next round. You need to get there first. No sane team will keep a healthy Malkin off the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->