Player Discussion: Vladislav Namestnikov

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm kind of hoping to see another dominant night from VKO, but not for the usual reasons. Imagine what this team would look like with Tyler Johnson freed up to play another line? I know saying that is borderline treason around here, but it would just be a ridiculous amount of depth. Imagine:

Killorn - Filppula - Stamkos (Dry, I know)
Palat - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Drouin - Johnson - Callahan (TKO 2.0)
Paquette - Boyle - Brown/Morrow

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I'm kind of hoping to see another dominant night from VKO, but not for the usual reasons. Imagine what this team would look like with Tyler Johnson freed up to play another line? I know saying that is borderline treason around here, but it would just be a ridiculous amount of depth. Imagine:

Killorn - Filppula - Stamkos (Dry, I know)
Drouin - Johnson - Callahan (TKO 2.0)
Paquette - Boyle - Brown/Morrow

I think keeping the pairings of TJ and Palat and Namesy and Kucherov would be pretty sick. Talk about scoring depth. Add a defensive or Power Forward to the other wings to board battle and chase pucks etc.

Filppula would fast find himself the odd man out too if you did that.

Killorn - Stamkos - Drouin
Palat - Johson - Callahan
Paquette - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Filppula - Boyle - Brown/Morrow

To think, Erne is going to try to push his way onto that lineup? Yeesh. Embarrassment of riches at Forward.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think keeping the pairings of TJ and Palat and Namesy and Kucherov would be pretty sick. Talk about scoring depth. Add a defensive or Power Forward to the other wings to board battle and chase pucks etc.

Filppula would fast find himself the odd man out too if you did that.

Killorn - Stamkos - Drouin
Palat - Johson - Callahan
Paquette - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Filppula - Boyle - Brown/Morrow

To think, Erne is going to try to push his way onto that lineup? Yeesh. Embarrassment of riches at Forward.

I had the same thought on pairs vs. trios.

One adjustment I would make is I would switch up Drouin and Callahan. Which would essentially create a second TKO (Drouin, a puckhandler, like Kucherov).

Not sure if we'd put Flip on 4th line. What about...

Filppula - Stamkos - Callahan (I know, I know, and I agree)
Palat - Johnson - Drouin
Killorn - Namestnikov - Kucherov (...dangerously close to the KKK line...)
Paquette - Boyle - Brown (...I think that's a dangerous line)
Morrow

EDIT: Not sure why I didn't see this, but an alternative:

Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan
Palat - Johnson - Filppula
Killorn - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Paquette - Boyle - Brown

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
He looks like he physically not ready for 3-d 4 th line yet. He need 1 year to grow at physicality

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

One adjustment I would make is I would switch up Drouin and Callahan. Which would essentially create a second TKO (Drouin, a puckhandler, like Kucherov).

Palat - Johnson - Drouin
Morrow

Paquette - Boyle - Brown

Like the bolded better. Defensive responsibility on all lines as well as real trigger + handles and some grit as well. Killorn - Namesy - Kucherov would be the "Kash 'N Karry Line"

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Palat - Johnson - Drouin
Morrow

Paquette - Boyle - Brown

Some good lines there. Have to eat crow, i mean it was only one game, but Names looked really good with Kuch and Palat. Names has earned himself a stay for the playoffs, imo.

Coop cannot put Flip with Stamkos anymore they are brutal together, and starting to think it's time for Killorn to go back to the 3rd line.

HowSweeeedeItIs

Jan 19, 2014
San Francisco
Why don't we try to play Johnson with Stammer so that we get some more speed on that line?

Killorn - Stamkos - Johnson
Drouin - Filppula - Callahan
Paquette - Boyle - Brown

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Why don't we try to play Johnson with Stammer so that we get some more speed on that line?

Killorn - Stamkos - Johnson
Drouin - Filppula - Callahan
Paquette - Boyle - Brown

Stamkos and Johnson mix even worse than Stamkos and Flip. It's been tried a number of times.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
I like the chemistry between Namestnikov and Kucherov. Wonder if they would be a good fit with Stamkos

Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Drouin
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Paquette-Boyle-Brown
Morrow

I think Drouin can play a similar role as Kucherov with TKO. KFC was a great line

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I like the chemistry between Namestnikov and Kucherov. Wonder if they would be a good fit with Stamkos

Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Drouin
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Morrow-Boyle-Paquette
Brown

I think Drouin can play a similar role as Kucherov with TKO. KFC was a great line

That's a nice mix. I'd be a little worried about the top line defensively, especially if we don't get some Dmen back. And I'm not sure there's enough grit there. (Palat is sooooo key to TKO.) But lines 2-4 would be hard for any team to compete with.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This guy was invisible game 1. Probably just a little wide-eyed and timid because it's his NHL playoff debut, but I don't see why Namestnikov is trusted to play while Drouin isn't.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
And considering he's being forced to play out of position and Drouin is an actual winger, I don't get it either.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
And considering he's being forced to play out of position and Drouin is an actual winger, I don't get it either.

This too. Our 3rd line has 3 natural centers on it. Send Namestnikov down/scratch Morrow and play Drouin. Our forwards are healthy and there's no need to have a talent like Drouin or Namestnikov serving popcorn.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He'll have to go through waivers if the bolts want to send him down next year, so he's here with the Lightning from now on.

IMO, something's gotta give in that situation. Three centers fighting for one spot, with more centers who'll be in the picture within a couple of years, and with wingers who might be a better option since they'd be playing a more natural position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad