Player Discussion: Vladislav Namestnikov

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Vladdy Namestnikov

Let's admit it....this guys the bomb

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/14163/tampa_bay_prospect_pool_overflowing_with_character/

I'm trying to figure out two things:

A. His offensive upside

B. An NHL comparable

With respect to A. it feels like he's got 60pt+ NHL upside

as for B. I'm at a loss. On one hand his skill set seems a little like Burmistrov. But he's chippy, he chirps....he's improved defensively...he seems like a more pass first russian version of Brad Marchand......

What do Bolts fan think? Because I think this guys the real deal....and I trust Steve Y in developing him properly...

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Poor man's Datsyuk with a little more agitator in him

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I hope he's nothing like Marchand, that guy is a bum and disgrace to watch sometimes. I havent seen much fim on him, but I see him as our 3rd line center in a couple of years. Hopefully can be a little like Staal and give us great depth down the middle, and maybe he replaces Vinny when he hangs um up.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
See the Datsyuk one is interesting because that was a comparison for Burmistrov as well. Who is still an excellent young player himself looking to take some real strides next year.

The thing is Datsyuk is like Lady Byng esque...will Vladdy is a lil *****...in a good way...

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
I hope he's nothing like Marchand, that guy is a bum and disgrace to watch sometimes. I havent seen much fim on him, but I see him as our 3rd line center in a couple of years. Hopefully can be a little like Staal and give us great depth down the middle, and maybe he replaces Vinny when he hangs um up.

I don't want any of our players to be another Brad Marchand. I can't stand that little wiesel.

jOu

May 22, 2012
United Kingdom
I've heard some good things about him, haven't seen much of his play but Tampa do have some nice prospects that I hope turn out well, especially the Slovak ones because I'm biased :P

acfurino

May 4, 2010
Vladislav Namestnikov?

Whatsup lightning fans,

I've had Namestnikov on my fantasy hockey keeper team and im hoping u guys can give me information and your opinions about him...

1) How did he play and how did he look this year?

2) Whats his future/potential? Also estimated time of arrival in NHL?

Info and your opinions will b greatly appreciated...

-Tony

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Whatsup lightning fans,

I've had Namestnikov on my fantasy hockey keeper team and im hoping u guys can give me information and your opinions about him...

1) How did he play and how did he look this year?

2) Whats his future/potential? Also estimated time of arrival in NHL?

Info and your opinions will b greatly appreciated...

-Tony

Right now he is pretty much a wildcard. With all our talent in the A he was forced into a lower line role and didn't produced that much. But at the time most of the guys were up in Tampa, he was one of the few guys able to score and showed promise.
I think he will break out next year and might be ready within 2 years. Therefore being a callup in the 14-15 season and a fulltime NHLer in 2015-16.

I think he will pan out as good two-way 2nd line center. On a deep team 3rd line center (like Johnson most likely in Tampa next year)

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Who is Vladimir Namenstnikov?

Владислав Наместников

If Russian 101 taught me anything, it's how to transcribe names.

Last edited:

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Always brings strong effort. Pretty high talent level but he's not afraid to mix it up a little bit.

I think he'll be an energy line type of guy with a bit higher offensive ability than most.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Right now he is pretty much a wildcard. With all our talent in the A he was forced into a lower line role and didn't produced that much. But at the time most of the guys were up in Tampa, he was one of the few guys able to score and showed promise.
I think he will break out next year and might be ready within 2 years. Therefore being a callup in the 14-15 season and a fulltime NHLer in 2015-16.

I think he will pan out as good two-way 2nd line center. On a deep team 3rd line center (like Johnson most likely in Tampa next year)
Don't forget, he was battling a shoulder injury almost all year.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I don't think Datsyuk-lite is even remotely close. Vladdy is a thorn in the side of anyone he plays and he's got a lot of pest in him. No way he ever gets nominated for the Lady Byng. Selke? Not impossible.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
He'll be a two-way center with a mix of grit and skill, somewhere between 2nd and 3rd line. I think he can make it to somewhere between Dave Bolland and Joe Pavelski-level, but he's got some filling out to do yet. Good hockey sense, and his compete level is probably his best asset.

I think he'll spend next year learning to be "the guy" in the A with Kucherov and probably be in the NHL for 14-15.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->