Player Discussion: Vladislav Namestnikov

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm hoping we swap him for Drouin on Tuesday. For the first time ever, he looks like he doesn't belong in the league right now. Not just that we have better options, but he looks like he can't cut it yet. I know Coop doesn't like to change a winning recipe, but 8:24 in icetime is pretty telling.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I'm hoping we swap him for Drouin on Tuesday. For the first time ever, he looks like he doesn't belong in the league right now. Not just that we have better options, but he looks like he can't cut it yet. I know Coop doesn't like to change a winning recipe, but 8:24 in icetime is pretty telling.

I honestly dont't think he's ready for Playoff hockey, particularly on the wing. He'd need a bit more exp on the wing in the NHL during the reg. season for me to trust him at it in the Playoffs. Drouin is dynamic. It's not like Vladdy's defense on the wing is lightyears ahead of Drouins at this point. Center? No doubt he's much more comfortable with the puck. His play away from the puck is not nearly as good.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

We still can send him down and have 1 more AHL call up I believe? He's over his head and the Crunch need help, it's an easy decision to play Drouin instead right now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We still can send him down and have 1 more AHL call up I believe? He's over his head and the Crunch need help, it's an easy decision to play Drouin instead right now.

Yeah, I'd like to have him in the A too to get a solid playoff run in down there. But then we'd be down to 12 forwards again with no ability to rest healthy players (Morrow might need it). So I'm not sure. I'd rather not call his season finished via pressbox (like Vasy's season is effectively over, it seems), but if we send him down we might have to use that last call-up to make sure we have an extra body.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Per Days' Joe Smith tweet in the other thread:

Bigger opportunity like maybe centering the 2nd line to start the season? We can always go back to Stammer centering or Flip for that matter.

TKO
Drouin-Namestnikov-Stamkos
Flip-Paquette-Cally
Killorn?-Boyle-Brown

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Bigger opportunity like maybe centering the 2nd line to start the season? We can always go back to Stammer centering or Flip for that matter.

TKO
Flip-Paquette-Cally
Killorn?-Boyle-Brown

vladdy has shown me nothing in the nhl to prove he is a top 6 guy yet. I think he starts off as the 3rd line center and we go from there.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

TKO
Flip-Paquette-Cally
Killorn?-Boyle-Brown

dont see him in top six anytime soon he is what 21?

wait till is 24 everyone will be happy he is good on skates he has the pedigree hes gonna be a great player might never get to top six for us but we are over abundance on talent lol

he is legit top 6 somewhere at some point lol he plays good 200 foot game is smart smarter then anyone seems to realize he gets the game he will work out again with clutch and make a bigger impact i like him playing with callahan and x myself think cally will teach him style we need out of him might take two years till we are very pleased about his overall game but this kid will get there he has the vision hockey iq etc.. will take more and more of browns minutes on d in this coming season:)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
TKO
Flip-Paquette-Cally
Killorn?-Boyle-Brown

No way Vladdy will be on the 2nd line with Stammer, we'll be lucky if Drouin makes it there next season. Killorn won't be on the 4th line either after the beast of a playoff he had. It will be interesting to see where Flip ends up. Names hasn't impressed me yet and looked awful in the playoffs. I would rather have Flip as 3rd line center than him. He's still young and improving so I haven't given up on him yet but just saying he's not ready yet.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Drouin - Vladdy - Callahan

Teach both guys two way hockey while being a strong scoring line in the process.

Or

Vladdy - Flip - Callahan

Saw this line towards the end of the season and they showed a lot of promise, and can also be a strong shutdown line

Or

Killorn - Vladdy - Drouin.

Also saw this line for a bunch of games and they were hot! Move flip to 1c and Stamkos to LW.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Vladdy definitely has a regular game day roster spot in TBL. What line? ...its useless to predict what Cooper will do.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Vladdy, Witko, Ashton, and Walcott only players expected to play in either TBL or SYR that don't have contracts for 2015-16. O'Donnell (NCAA), Gusev (KHL), and Masin (CHL) are other players that are long shots eligible to play for Syracuse with TBL rights that don't have contracts.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He'll get signed. Probably wants a two year deal similar to Sustr and they may only want one since we have other forwards pressing him for a spot.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He'll get signed. Probably wants a two year deal similar to Sustr and they may only want one since we have other forwards pressing him for a spot.

Just waiting for the stamkos cap hit next year is my guess. Then maybe we do a two year cheap deal with vladdy like you said. If stamkos gets to much then I only see vladdy get a one year deal. We have other contracts to take care of next season. Killorn, stamkos, kucherov and do we resign coburn ?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just waiting for the stamkos cap hit next year is my guess. Then maybe we do a two year cheap deal with vladdy like you said. If stamkos gets to much then I only see vladdy get a one year deal. We have other contracts to take care of next season. Killorn, stamkos, kucherov and do we resign coburn ?

Stamkos doesn't affect Namestnikov signing. Namestnikov will make just over a million so if it's a two year deal it's a non issue. Browns contract ends next year at almost a million so they can just not resign him if needed.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Stamkos doesn't affect Namestnikov signing. Namestnikov will make just over a million so if it's a two year deal it's a non issue. Browns contract ends next year at almost a million so they can just not resign him if needed.

maybe a vladdy debate do i take the one year deal hope to break out and cash in next year or take the two year cheap deal ? but I still think yzerman is taking some time off with his family in detroit. seems after the condra deal I think he went back to detroit to relax with family for a few weeks. then I think he heads to toronto when stamkos agents are ready and prepared. After the stamkos deal I think vladdy signs then he moves on to extending kucherov.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i saw offer i kinda like folin would have to ask for a pick myself for vladdy

id seriously consider this folins offense hasnt shown up yet but think hes an upgrade to sustr already big kid 210 6 ' 3 so got the right size is smooth guy i like him so would be an interest righty if offense came he could be a four staple on right side

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
i saw offer i kinda like folin would have to ask for a pick myself for vladdy

id seriously consider this folins offense hasnt shown up yet but think hes an upgrade to sustr already big kid 210 6 ' 3 so got the right size is smooth guy i like him so would be an interest righty if offense came he could be a four staple on right side

Our staple on the right side is Stralman and DeAngelo going forward. Folin would be bottom pair only. He has put up roughly the same offensive numbers Sustr has in the USHL, NAHL, NCAA, AHL and NHL. I don't see him taking off offensively anymore then Sustr will. No sense in trading Namestnikov for something that's not a clear upgrade unless the pick is really high. I rather use Namestnikov in a deal to rid ourselves of Carle.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Our staple on the right side is Stralman and DeAngelo going forward. Folin would be bottom pair only. He has put up roughly the same offensive numbers Sustr has in the USHL, NAHL, NCAA, AHL and NHL. I don't see him taking off offensively anymore then Sustr will. No sense in trading Namestnikov for something that's not a clear upgrade unless the pick is really high. I rather use Namestnikov in a deal to rid ourselves of Carle.

sustr sucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad