Prospect Info: Vladdy Hockey

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
MacT will push for him to be invited to camp i`d think and why not the kid did good last year nothing to lose here

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
MacT will push for him to be invited to camp i`d think and why not the kid did good last year nothing to lose here

PPG in the Q isn't really that impressive at his size and age.

I'd hope he gets an invite, though. Forward talent in Bakersfield is a bit lacking.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
He owned everyone in our development camp last year, no reason not to bring him back again. We have practically no skill on our wings in Bakersfield, and having another Russian for Yakimov and Slepyshev wouldn't hurt.

As for size, he's bigger than Gaudreau and Johnny boy hasn't had too much problem with his size.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I hope we invite him to camp and if he does as good as last year then sign him. Slepyshev is out only skill winger in the system right now.

Elric

May 1, 2015
In Wheat

Somebody ought to push for that. I don't know where we are for contracts now but he's gotta be worth a look. Maybe two looks.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
I don't get why there isn't more interest in him, he's already proven he can score against men. Something that not many prospects can be assured of doing no matter how they did in junior

Leaf

Apr 25, 2012
Everybody's 'looking for the next Tyler Johnson' but no one wants to try out the closest thing in the draft?

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
So does this mean he can sign as a free agent if he chooses to now or does he have to wait another year?

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
I'm also hoping he gets an invite. Really curious to see if he draws the hype from last year.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
He's a shoe-in for a camp invite. What he did for us last pre-season alone should get him back.

He probably had underwhelming numbers this year due to the disappointment of not getting the NHL contract he signed. A trip back to camp probably re-ignites the fire in him.

He'll be a good fit down in Bakersfield, whether it be an NHL contract or AHL contract.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
He's a shoe-in for a camp invite. What he did for us last pre-season alone should get him back.

He probably had underwhelming numbers this year due to the disappointment of not getting the NHL contract he signed. A trip back to camp probably re-ignites the fire in him.

He'll be a good fit down in Bakersfield, whether it be an NHL contract or AHL contract.

is he able to get an AHL contract since he didn't get drafted? otherwise back to the Q for him.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010
No chance the Oilers use a contract on him. Probably gonna be back inthe KHL

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He needed to tear it up in juniors this past year and stay healthy and he really did neither.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He needed to tear it up in juniors this past year and stay healthy and he really did neither.

Pretty much this. The fact that no one drafted him is really a tell. The guy had a lot of attention going into the year and then playing in the Memorial Cup had a lot of scouts watching him.

Don't really care what they do with regards to him, if he signs I suspect we never see him in the NHL anyway. Might be a decent depth guy to have in Bakersfield but that's about it at this point.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Wouldn't we be hearing something about him being invited by now? A part of me thinks with Chia in charge now, its not a sure thing Tkachev will get an invite.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I hope we invite him to camp and if he does as good as last year then sign him. Slepyshev is out only skill winger in the system right now.

Andrew Miller was one of the top scorers in the AHL last year, and given the fact he's going into his 3rd pro season he's still an actual prospect to boot. I agree we're lacking in terms of legit prospects with skill but we do have skill down there on AHL deals, and prospects like Chase and Platzer are possibilities on the wing and should bring a solid amount of skill, i really like Chase. I don't think forward skill is likely to be a huge deal for Bakersfield but i do think Tkachev makes sense, he was just too good last year not to give a shot to.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00