Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Have you switched positions at the NHL level?
hahah what a dumb response, i mean really

lets just put it this way, if i was a professional nhl player and my job was to play hockey dont you think they have the resources and ability to practice and perfect your craft on the opposite wing

i mean come on, sorry i cant help but laugh at such a ridiculous statement

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Idk about that. It’s relatively common for guys to be drafted as centers who project to the wing. When your the superior athlete in your peer group then it makes plenty of sense to put you in the middle so you handle the puck as much as possible. It’s not impossible, but it’s very rare that a player is drafted as a wing and moved to the middle. It’s a lot more responsibility and a different game being at center. It’s not unlike the offensive defenseman who people want to turn into a forward. You might have a rare example here or there, but it’s very uncommon.
the argument is mostly switching to your opposite wing, but you can easily attribute the same concept to switching from a center to a winger

most of the time the players arent asked to do it, but to say its impossible is ridiculous

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
hahah what a dumb response, i mean really

lets just put it this way, if i was a professional nhl player and my job was to play hockey dont you think they have the resources and ability to practice and perfect your craft on the opposite wing

i mean come on, sorry i cant help but laugh at such a ridiculous statement
So no, you did not do it at the NHL level. What is pretty dumb and ridiculous is failing to recognize how making such switches gets more and more difficult to make with each professional level. So playing wing and center can be easy in high school or beer league. Then it gets harder. By the time you get to the absolute top level in the world and are playing against the top players in the world, making such a switch is infinitely harder. Which is exactly why it does not happen frequently.

Reactions: klingsor and RGY

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
the argument is mostly switching to your opposite wing, but you can easily attribute the same concept to switching from a center to a winger

most of the time the players arent asked to do it, but to say its impossible is ridiculous

“It’s not impossible, but it’s very uncommon.”

I didn’t say it can’t be done, but if the Rangers were a better team with Kreider or Lafreniere, or Panarin at center, then they’d be there. They aren’t there for a reason.

That’s why when you start seeing guys putting Kravstov or Lafreniere at center it gets an eye roll from most people who’ve watched this game for 30 years and observe how rare and unlikely it is.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

He did not say it was impossible. He said he would not bet on it. COULD it happen? Sure. Probability? Low. Not impossible but nothing to bet money on.

Reactions: Barnaby

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
ive been very very adament that it isnt as hard as people on here make it out to be....ive played hockey for 27 or so years....obviously not professionally but its not that hard to switch positions, ESPECIALLY when you have the skill that some of these players possess as well as the time to learn the position

This is such a ridiculous base for an argument. If you were asked to play a goalie - would you then say that based on your 27-year experience switching from NHL skater to a goalie is not a big deal?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
:31 in the first, 1:03 in the second, 1:51 in the third. Particularly sucks because Russia scored 7 goals and he played no part in it.

Old friend Dominik Lakatoš played 7:05 for the Czechs.

I'm sure it has to do with Sedlak.

Reactions: kovazub94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad