Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Besides the SO goal Kravtsov didn’t have a shot on goal in over 20 min of ice time, 4+ min of time on attack.
Rykov didn’t play. Not sure why.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Yeah, I feel like i've seen him convert on that move about a dozen times already

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Your sight is deceiving you. This is his going-to move and it’s been working over the last view years despite looking very simple.
Could be... I don't mind the simplicity of it. It's a goal-scores goal BUT I'm talking about how he shoots off the stickhandle. his forehand-backhand-snap could be tighter/quicker IMO

Is there video anywhere thats not on Twitter?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Could be... I don't mind the simplicity of it. It's a goal-scores goal BUT I'm talking about how he shoots off the stickhandle. his forehand-backhand-snap could be tighter/quicker IMO

Is there video anywhere thats not on Twitter?

I would say that releasing it off the stickhandle is precisely why it is so effective. Every goalie know it's coming, but he disguises his release so well that without committing too early, they need to be very quick to cover the 5-hole.

Will it be effective at the NHL level, I don't know.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I would say that releasing it off the stickhandle is precisely why it is so effective. Every goalie know it's coming, but he disguises his release so well that without committing too early, they need to be very quick to cover the 5-hole.

Will it be effective at the NHL level, I don't know.
That's what I was saying. It could be tighter

edit- and I'm glad he's doing it or at the least, understands it... I'm just hoping to see continued refinement/improvement in it. It's not something that happens over night

Last edited:
Reactions: Harbour Dog

NYR3

Feb 8, 2021
Will this guy ever play a game for us? Really want to see what he can do

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So is of March for Kravtsov coming over after the KHL playoffs ?

Depends on how far his team goes in the play offs. They already clinched, and the reg season ends at the end of February.

If they are swept, he can fly to NY around March 10th, 2 week quarantine, so end of March is the earliest he could play for us.

The question is whether or not he gets a chance on the 3rd line ahead of Blackwell/DiGiuseppe

Reactions: Vitto79

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
would he convert against NHL level type of talent?

My guess would be no, but what do I know... Considering I can't remember seeing even Chytil or Kakko getting a SO opportunity yet, we won't know for a long while.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
This guy reminds me of a skinny Kevin Hayes. Great skill and size combination, good defensively, both love to dangle, both average skaters, and both started off their careers on the wing. I want to see Kravtsov bulk up a bit and see if his game translates to center like Hayes’ game did.

Hayes does have a better shot though, while Kravtsov seems to shoot more.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko
Panarin - Kravtsov - Buchnevich
Kreider - Chytil - Pajuniemi
Lemieux - Howden - Berard
Not bad.

I want to see:

KZB
Panarin - Chytil - Kakko
Lafreniere - Kravtsov - PDG
Lemieux - Howden/Barron - Strome/Prospect/FA

We know that KZB work well together. Chytil and Kakko seem to work well together. Lafreniere and Kravtsov on the same line might work if Lafreniere develops enough to be able to drive a line. And PDG can use his speed on the forecheck to get the puck and give it to the more talented forwards on that line. I also like his shot, which would obviously help offensively. The 4th line I don’t really care about, but I would like Lemieux there.

Last edited:

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Wonder what young center he could bring back in a trade.

Not my first inclination but depending on the value it wouldn’t be bad.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Wonder what young center he could bring back in a trade.

Not my first inclination but depending on the value it wouldn’t be bad.
People will continue to call me crazy, but if all three of Laf, Kakko, and Kravtsov are going to pan out, I really think there’s a legitimate argument to be made to move one of Laf or Kakko for a high end center prospect. Zegras is the guy I’d want but I don’t think he’d be available even for that return.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
People will continue to call me crazy, but if all three of Laf, Kakko, and Kravtsov are going to pan out, I really think there’s a legitimate argument to be made to move one of Laf or Kakko for a high end center prospect. Zegras is the guy I’d want but I don’t think he’d be available even for that return.

A lot of it depends on what we do with Zibby. Current play aside, if we keep him, we need a #2C (really a #2A/#2B to balance with Chytil). if Zibby goes, we need a #1C *real* badly.

In the first case, we move Kravtsov. in the second, its Kakko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad