Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I generally know the answers to the questions I'm asking. I just find it mildly amusing that garbage players like Sedlak and Hyka who are always holding Kravtsov back, manage to see so much TOI and produce at the levels that they do.

I think it's true that Sedlak isn't as naturally talented as Kravtsov or Hyka. But, he also plays in such a way as to open up things for his line mates, not totally dissimilar from what Fast would do for Strome and Panarin. For every chance Sedlak flubs, I think he helps create one by serving as the hard-working, physical, strong on the boards presence on the line. Again, like how Fast would miss the empty nets but would also allow Panarin and Strome to do a lot of really creative things.

Oh, I agree. I think fans don't realize how good Sedlák and Hyka are.

I think Kravtsov has been good this season, but nothing that gets me excited like Lundkvist's season for instance.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Nope, these moves are not done because not many can pull it off. No guarantee of course that it will work regularly but it’s a combination skill, size and agility needed to pull it off is why not many try it.

You dont' see it every game but you see it done somewhat "regularly" in the NHL. Lots of times guys will try it and pull the between the legs move but still not get past the defender, NHL defensemen hold their position better, but it still does work at times. Zibanejad has pulled it off a couple of times that I can remember. I feel like Chytil has even done it a time or two

Reactions: JCProdigy

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Nope, these moves are not done because not many can pull it off. No guarantee of course that it will work regularly but it’s a combination skill, size and agility needed to pull it off is why not many try it.
Probably not many can pull off. But NHL defensemen are a lot better players as well. Which is also why you never really see this.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
also I'm sure just about every player in the NHL including defensemen can pull the move off
they all probably spent hours as kids practicing it and other moves like it
doing it fast enough against a real opponent at the highest level is another thing but it's not that crazy a move to do just by itself

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Probably not many can pull off. But NHL defensemen are a lot better players as well. Which is also why you never really see this.

Look at the move here. Kravtsov completely sold on going to the middle before going to the right.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Very chippy game with lots of PK.

I saw something on Twitter from Alex Nunn showing Kravtsov getting hit and then not returning (at least up to the point of that tweet), so i dunno if that has anything to do with TOI.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I knew exactly what the move was going to be before I clicked play on the video :laugh:

Credit to him though, that was one of the most effective times that you will ever see it made. Cleanly beat the defender, and got point blank all alone at the top of the crease.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I knew exactly what the move was going to be before I clicked play on the video :laugh:

Credit to him though, that was one of the most effective times that you will ever see it made. Cleanly beat the defender, and got point blank all alone at the top of the crease.

Yeah, Rangers fans should prepare for him using that deke every game when he gets here. It’s his go-to.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Why doesn't he get any PK time?

Is he not getting PP time, either? Sedlak and Hyka both had 3 points and 2:20 more "attacking time" than Kravtsov. Does he only play 5-v-5?

Didn’t watch the game either but as you know Traktor has had issues with PP. It’s likely something they worked over the break... while Kravtsov was with the National Team.

Looks like PP worked this game.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I generally know the answers to the questions I'm asking. I just find it mildly amusing that garbage players like Sedlak and Hyka who are always holding Kravtsov back, manage to see so much TOI and produce at the levels that they do.

I think it's true that Sedlak isn't as naturally talented as Kravtsov or Hyka. But, he also plays in such a way as to open up things for his line mates, not totally dissimilar from what Fast would do for Strome and Panarin. For every chance Sedlak flubs, I think he helps create one by serving as the hard-working, physical, strong on the boards presence on the line. Again, like how Fast would miss the empty nets but would also allow Panarin and Strome to do a lot of really creative things.

Hyka is a focal point of this line.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kravtsov is not playing in the ongoing game against CSKA. I guess he was injured in the last game against Metallurg.

P.S. Rykov is not playing for CSKA either. Not exactly sure what it is but noticed his out of the lineup coincided with arrival of Gilmour

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Well yeah he has the neck of a Roman Caesar
vitali-kravtsov-2020-48.jpg
We can safely assume from this that he has no Triceratops friends, because three horns don't play with longnecks

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Welp Kakko, Laf & Andersson all busts
The fait of the New York Rangers rests on the shoulders of Vitali Kravtsov!

You meant to make it a sarcastic post but adding Andersson made your effort wasted.

Otherwise Kravtsov will be called a bust too as soon as he joins Kakko and Lafreniere in NY.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Traktor’s GM saying that Kravtsov is likely to join the Rangers once Traktor’s season is over. Obviously he speaks from the stand point of Kravtsov’s contractual obligation to Traktor. However, they likely had informal conversations on the subject.

«Что оскорбительного в нашем мультфильме?» Гендиректор «Трактора» — о «войне» с «Авангардом», курицах и выходе в плей-офф

our savior at center :sarcasm:

Reactions: EdJovanovski

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Traktor’s GM saying that Kravtsov is likely to join the Rangers once Traktor’s season is over. Obviously he speaks from the stand point of Kravtsov’s contractual obligation to Traktor. However, they likely had informal conversations on the subject.

«Что оскорбительного в нашем мультфильме?» Гендиректор «Трактора» — о «войне» с «Авангардом», курицах и выходе в плей-офф
Wish he would stay another year in the KHL after this year. I hope things turn around but don't want another top prospect scoring a point every 10 games even if Kravtsov has improved his overall game. He's just not a Farabee type player that will grind. Still feel he needs a bit more open ice to be effective.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not dismissing anyone. Making a statement that such through the legs dishes are not really done at NHL level. Players are too good.

Looks like a larger size rink and the AHL and NHL are smaller rinks and all about taking away space. You don't last long in the NHL anymore if you can't skate and you can't check and that's what he's going to be looking at all the time. I don't know---Kravtsov is talented and he might pull it off now and again but he won't pull it off a lot. He's had a decent season this year in the KHL but I wouldn't call it great. Would he be doing as well or better than Lafreniere or Gauthier? I'm not sure. To me right now the closest guy we have is Lundkvist.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Looks like a larger size rink and the AHL and NHL are smaller rinks and all about taking away space. You don't last long in the NHL anymore if you can't skate and you can't check and that's what he's going to be looking at all the time. I don't know---Kravtsov is talented and he might pull it off now and again but he won't pull it off a lot. He's had a decent season this year in the KHL but I wouldn't call it great. Would he be doing as well or better than Lafreniere or Gauthier? I'm not sure. To me right now the closest guy we have is Lundkvist.

And I don't think it's even close. I suspect that only Trouba and Fox would be clearly better than him if he stepped into our lineup right now.

He'd probably be as good as Miller, but more steady, and with less flashes of dominance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->